Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Peter Grant

Accrding to bbc''s rumour column todays People says Norwich want Peter Grant as their new manager. I take it this the Peter Grant who used to play for us, he''s the assistant manager at west Ham.

What do people think?

He wouldn''t really fit the bill for what people want, but would probably do better than most/no worse than others. I''m not sure that he''d be what Delia et al would be going for - they must realise that they need to get this right to get a ''feelgood factor'' going, otherwise our friends like Yellow Fever will become much more vocal/common and the season will be wrecked.  A "returning son" is all well and good but it helps if they had a decent/successful spell first time around, and I don''t remember Grant''s being particularly sparkling.

He has been at West ham for a while now and has been involved in them getting promoted and into europe. he was at AFC Bournemouth before that as asistant Manager. I have been told by a hammers fan that he is highly thought of. Oh yes, and he was here for 2 years. If we are going to go with a ubtried Manager (kevin Bond, Crook,Bowen ETC then he would be as good as any i reckon

Ah, Mr Grant......................

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH! NO! NOT HIM! NOT NOW! NOT EVER!

Nope, I don''t think Mr Grant is the right man to be our manager. ;~(

Not exactly a star appointment. He was an average player and I don''t think he''s ready to step into the position at Norwich. If he wants to get into management, I''d rather he did it in the lower leagues.

He was a decent enough player during a time when the club was on the slide.

He did a bit at Bournemouth too....but I''d far rather get Mark Bowen if we can......

Bet365 give him better odds than Bryan Robson....well you can see below:

Mark Bowen 3.50

Kevin Blackwell 4.50

Alan Curbishley 7.00

Martin Hunter 11.00

Alex McLeish 13.00

Peter Grant 13.00

Bryan Robson 13.00

Joe Royle 17.00

Glenn Hoddle 17.00

Steve Tilson 17.00

Dave Penney 17.00

Mike Newell 17.00

Kevin Keegan 21.00

David O''Leary 21.00

Lawrie Sanchez 21.00

Gary Megson 21.00

Tony Mowbray 21.00

Bryan Gunn 21.00

Nigel Pearson 26.00

Dion Dublin 26.00

Peter Reid 34.00

Graeme Souness 34.00

Steve Bruce 34.00

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

they must realise that they need to get this right to get a ''feelgood factor'' going, otherwise our friends like Yellow Fever will become much more vocal/common and the season will be wrecked.  [/quote]

keep the faith my freind - do not turn! but if you do there are alredy many of us. WO was never just worthless but the board to