Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

Timelines

It''s all gone very quiet on the news front as we put our feet up for the long haul.

Sensibly, the timeline of events to date seems to be:

Sunday 1st Oct - Worthy sacked

Since then: Interviewing candidates. Of the ones rumoured to have been interviewed so far (Hoddle, Robson, Blackwell, McGhee, Wilkinson), it looks like we''ve started with those out of work so there''s no issues about gaining permission to speak to a candidate.

Presumably the next step, once the unemployed have been sifted through, is to approach those in jobs (and their clubs) to arrange interviews with them. This will probably take a little longer to do, so I''m guessing that we''ll be unlikely to hear anything until the middle of next week at best, with the likelihood being that Hunter will be in charge for QPR, Birmingham, Cardiff and maybe even Port Vale. Three wins and a place in the last sixteen of the Carling Cup would see him pressing some strong claims.

I think the board will act a little more quickly and we''ll have someone by Friday week, and I think it will be unlikely to be Hunter this time. However, if he gets six points out of the next two games he''ll have a hell of a case when the job''s available again.