Sign in to follow this  
Hump

England or Norwich Reserves

After the inept performance on Saturday of our national side I have decided to watch our Reserve Side on wednesday rather than the qualifier on the box-Support the reserve side rather than the overpaid and  underperforming-might be interesting to see who turns up to watch-Our new Manager? Post if you see any clues on the night

I will be in Croatia unfortunately!!

Agree with you about inept,overpaid and underperforming though.

They have alot to prove on Wednedsday night.

Be interesting if some of the fringe players want to play so they can impress whoever is watching

[quote user="NO SURRENDER"]

I will be in Croatia unfortunately!!

Agree with you about inept,overpaid and underperforming though.

They have alot to prove on Wednedsday night.

[/quote]

When do they ever not have a lot to prove? And are they ever going to prove it? 2006 was my tenth major tournament (not counting USA as we weren''t there...  ) as an England fan and I''m still waiting for them to "prove" whatever it is that they need to "prove".

All good footballers, none have any bottle.

However bad they play they stay for the next game. It is like an exclusive club. Play in form players in their positions and stop accomodating out of form individuals no matter who they are and how good they can be. Weak Management ,caused by player pressure to keep their mates in the team-Drop a couple and they will not be so complacent. We need a team which might not be the best 11 players on paper.

Just like the school team we first played in...the A grade student with two left feet always gets to play...

The same old faces and the same old excuses. Lampard, awful....but he''ll be there again as sure as eggs is eggs. McLaren should never have been given the job after the Eriksson debacle.......and the whole backroom staff should have been thrown out.

Jobs for the boys as has been said........

The same old faces and the same old excuses. Lampard, awful....but he''ll be there again as sure as eggs is eggs. McLaren should never have been given the job after the Eriksson debacle.......and the whole backroom staff should have been thrown out.

Have to say, Does the situation with the England team remind anyone of the situation at Norwich?  ie the comfort zone.  More importantly, I think the comment from cluckin about the backroom staff should be applied in our case!

Thats a good point. I must admit that watching the first half of Englands no-show against macedonia, it focussed my mind on matters Norwich City. Same-old garbage, bereft of ideas, and no stimulus or hint of freshness. Just stale rubbish and a sense of dissatisfaction. Prrof, if it was needed, that a new broom sweeps clean.