Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

What have been the key milestones in the season so far?

For me, with the passing of each of these events and victories, our promotion credentials have strengthened.

Crouch Harper Huckerby signing in loan.
Leon and Svensson signing permenantly
Huckerby signing Permenantly
the following wins, against major rivals, each time improving our credentials significantly
Sunderland at home
Binners away to go top
Sheff Utd at home
Binners at home
Wigan at home

Yesterday was going to be a real test and i was so impressed with the performance, left the pub absolutely buzzing!

Any other key moments for you guys? Sure i''ve missed some....

Beating Coventry away for the first time in nearly 30 years.

Beating Burnley for the first time "ever" at Turf Moor! "Up yours Mr Alistair Campbell!"

The completion of "The Jarrold but still the South Stand Stand!"

Remaining at the pinnacle of the 1st Division since "TOP OF THE LEAGUE AT PORTALOO ROAD!"

Coming back to win games home & away when we would normally fold and lose!

Increase in away support, a crucial factor in "Geeing!" up the lad''s to produce the good''s.

Young player''s getting "blooded" and doing a fine job at that!.

Rubbing other "Outspoken 1st Div manager''s noses in it when they slate the Club!".

Generally, the camaraderie thats blossomed between players, supporters and the board and how the City is "bubbling" with anticipation and excitement!.

Mr Worthy''s expanding tactical knowledge and managerial skills.

The squad remaining virtually injury free since the onset of the season.

Just my meagre contribution to this thread and I''m sure other folk have many other ideas regarding the key milestones in the season so far....OTBC

Key moments have to be bringing Crouch, Harper and Hucks in on loan, and then signing Hucks, Svensson and McKenzie. All the "key" match results revolve around the fact that for the first time in a long time we could put other teams under pressure due to our improved strike force. As a result our defence got better etc, etc...
As Steve Bruce often says, You are only as good as your strikers"

no question

darren huckerby arriving on loan and being just too good to return to sender

thank you delia, once again you have saved this club from further torrid seasons in this dismal league, we will never forget what you have done, given this board AMBITION, and given us hope and belief

never mind player of the year, obvious choice really, but we must, really must find a way of saluting delia for here positivity, her love for the club and for buying us DH

respect :-)

For me it''s the two Derby Co. games. The home game we looked out of it, a goal behind with less than ten minutes left and down to ten men, but we pulled it out of the bag. The away game we took all they could throw at us then hit them with the sucker punch,(four of them!) a classic away win of a team going for promotion. Both without Hucks as well!

Key factors this season:

The Derby home win as others have mentioned.

The Walsall away win which no one has mentioned - but for me that was the first time City looked like genuine contenders in ten years!

Huckerby, Huckerby and Huckerby.

The Rotherham away draw. We should have never conceded four I know, but the spirit and never say die attitude that day was stunning.

Ipswich. Home and away.

Svensson hitting form with absolute perfect timing.

Equally perfect timing to start with three up front.

A settled and disciplined back four, and keeper.

Delia coming up with the hard cash!

It''s sychronicity methinks - just everything gelling and going right at the right time.

And if it can just continue for one more month...

Eam, it''s interesting that you mention the Derby game at FCR. If my memory serves me rightly, Iwan took the penalty to equalise and it was saved before the lino flagged that their goalie had come off his line (by a cm or two!) and it was retaken. This time Iwan blasted it so hard that the goalie''s hands would have been snapped in two if he had touched it. That gave us the momentum and led to Mullers'' goal at the death to preserve our 100% winning home record. This record then continued for several weeks until we played Coventry and lost it to a dubious penalty decision against Flem. I wonder how important the preservation of that home record, and the points we accumulated during that period, will ultimately be?! But for that lino flagging we might have lost the record there and then and might have suffered a dip in confidence/form, but I guess we''ll never know!