Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

How would our youth do against Championship teams?

I''ve worked out our best youth/young team is

Lewis

Cave-Brown Shacks Halliday Jarvis

Croft Spillane Fisk Eagle

Jarvis Martin

I know Worthy was wrong not to use youth in his first team but how would this squad do against the likes of Leeds, Hull, Sheff Wednesday etc

One things for sure, it would be interesting to find out

You couldn''t play all of them, and the attack in particular looks very weak. But Lewis, Cave-Brown, the Jarvis''s, Spillane and Eagle have all been blooded and could take the next step with a run in the team. Could Eagle have done any worse than McVeigh when Hucks was out? Is Spillane a worse midfielder than Hughes? I''d like to see them used more often, especially with the squad as paper thin as it is.

[quote user="Canary02"]You couldn''t play all of them, and the attack in particular looks very weak. But Lewis, Cave-Brown, the Jarvis''s, Spillane and Eagle have all been blooded and could take the next step with a run in the team. Could Eagle have done any worse than McVeigh when Hucks was out? Is Spillane a worse midfielder than Hughes? I''d like to see them used more often, especially with the squad as paper thin as it is.[/quote]

How on earth did they get blooded with Worthy in charge????  [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Canary02"]You couldn''t play all of them, and the attack in particular looks very weak. But Lewis, Cave-Brown, the Jarvis''s, Spillane and Eagle have all been blooded and could take the next step with a run in the team. Could Eagle have done any worse than McVeigh when Hucks was out? Is Spillane a worse midfielder than Hughes? I''d like to see them used more often, especially with the squad as paper thin as it is.[/quote]

[/quote]

I tell ya, 3 minutes at the end of a coca cola cup match aint exactly blooded to me!! [+o(]  lol

To be fair, when given a go Spillane looked decent, Jarvis has impressed at times (and looked lightweight on other occasions) as for the others I don''t think I have seen them play having seen very few away games recently?? 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I tell ya, 3 minutes at the end of a coca cola cup match aint exactly blooded to me!! [+o(]  lol

To be fair, when given a go Spillane looked decent, Jarvis has impressed at times (and looked lightweight on other occasions) as for the others I don''t think I have seen them play having seen very few away games recently?? 

[/quote]

How did I know you would be here CJF?? [;)] [8-|]

Jarvis has impressed at times but I always feel he is holding something back. Maybe the new manager will get more out of him. Eagle looked ok at Rotherham but looked nowhere near ready to step up.

I also fear that the team listed would be relegated.  I also think than although Croft, Shacks & Jarvis are "young" there are many players who are younger than them who are actually already making their mark in the premiership and for England. 

I personally feel(after watching the youth and reserves for a long time) that Andy Cave Brown and Michael Spillane are the real talents.  I also think that Chris Martin is playing really well in midfield and could be one to look out for in the future.

Why not judge for yourselves, get over to Carrow Road tonight!!!!