Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Am I the only person who doesn't want Ian Crook?

I know he''s a Norwich legend but that doesn''t affect the fact that being an assistant manager in australia in VERY different than being a manager in England! I see no good in Crook coming, sorry if that annoys some people but I just don''t think it''ll work!

The only advantage is if he brings Alex Brosque with him,I''ve seen the guy a few times on the telebox and he look very good...

...but Crook as an assistant may be good (But then why would the board decide who the new managers assistant would be,doesn''t the manager usually do that)

Your view shouldn''t annoy anyone.....it''s your opinion.

I wouldn''t necessarily like to see Crooky given the managers job....not just because he has been active in Australia, but because he won''t have the contacts Mark Bowen would have.

A completely new method of coaching brought in might not necessarily be a bad thing....and I think the Aussies did very well in the World Cup with a tiny squad. As with all Aussie teams....they want to win and are very competitive.....something we could do with.

Ian Crook was a masterful player....and as a coach he would not see the hump and hope idea as the way forward. So his team would at least be expected to play with flair....and that would be a great start..........

no i have to agree with you tom. i do not think Ian crook is an option or for that matter anyone else who has never managed full time! we are in a difficult position with this being the last year of parachute payments and if the board do not make the right appointment which will bring instant success then we could be stuck in this division for a few more years yet. I feel an appointment has to be made of someone who has had a succesful career in FULL-TIME management and will not need as much time to turn things around, i.e tilson, laws or newell or even cotterill. risking the job with someone who has never managed before can work i.e watford and aidy boothroyd but this is rare and a club in our position ( ONE OF THE BIGGEST IN THE LEAGUE AND AIMING FOR PLAY OFFS AT LEAST)  should not be taking risks (remember watford did not have as great expectations whedn he took over like we have here)

IT HAS TO BE TILSON ( with eastwood coming along in january)

[quote user="Steeno"]why do you post sooooo much? i think people stop bothering to read them after a while[/quote]Blimey, I didn''t realise post rationing was back!

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]I know he''s a Norwich legend but that doesn''t affect the fact that being an assistant manager in australia in VERY different than being a manager in England! I see no good in Crook coming, sorry if that annoys some people but I just don''t think it''ll work! The only advantage is if he brings Alex Brosque with him,I''ve seen the guy a few times on the telebox and he look very good... ...but Crook as an assistant may be good (But then why would the board decide who the new managers assistant would be,doesn''t the manager usually do that)[/quote]

The big question mark about crook is what does he know about the players in the lower divisions?

We need someone who is going to rebuild within a budget.

Is he out of touch with the English divisions?

I Wouldn''t say you were the only one, I would agree they were better candidates than crook, but any appointment is a risk and crook might be a risker than some with english experience but maybe not as much as risk with those with no experience. In the end all appointments are a risk the bord just have to try make an educated guess as to who it is and we have to support them in the initial stages in the hope that they have got it right, there''s certainly no way of knowing who and how it will go right now.