Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

this time next week!

we could be bottom of the championship! what a scary thought. we have no chance then of attracting a decent manager. we really should have appointed someone by now and not entrusted the team to worthys mate hunter!! sadly i fear he will get the job and we will be in deep poo!!!!

It could happen.........but we have no right to expect anything more the way this team has been neglected.

Survival only this year and parachute payment or not.......the new bloke in the hot seat had better be a good one or we are in trouble.

[quote user="cluckin"]

It could happen.........but we have no right to expect anything more the way this team has been neglected.

Survival only this year and parachute payment or not.......the new bloke in the hot seat had better be a good one or we are in trouble.

[/quote]

the hope dies and the anger grows - even the sleepy begin to wake

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="cluckin"]

[/quote]

the hope dies and the anger grows - even the sleepy begin to wake

[/quote]

YF....if you care to look back, I was among the first here who tried to look through the WO cloud to see where the problem really lay. I got slagged off, but gradually the attention has indeed turned toward the boardroom. Not because of me, but because it was inevitable.

Please don''t try to claim some points here, because your negative rants solve nothing....nor will throwing out the board before we see what is actually happening. Try to be more constructive rather than endlessly destructive.

[quote]but we have no right to expect anything more the way this team has been neglected.[/quote]

Those poor neglected players, got to feel sorry for them.  Didn''t like the way the boss treated a couple of them so they "lost form"...

"Darling, have you seen my form ?  I thought it was under the sofa, did you put it in the cupboard ?"

It''ll be interesting to see how the overpaid prima-donnas perform now they''re not sure who their boss is, or whether they have a job next week.

I suspect we''ll see a different team from now on.  What happened against Burnley was nothing short of criminal.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]but we have no right to expect anything more the way this team has been neglected.[/quote]

Those poor neglected players, got to feel sorry for them.  Didn''t like the way the boss treated a couple of them so they "lost form"...

"Darling, have you seen my form ?  I thought it was under the sofa, did you put it in the cupboard ?"

It''ll be interesting to see how the overpaid prima-donnas perform now they''re not sure who their boss is, or whether they have a job next week.

I suspect we''ll see a different team from now on.  What happened against Burnley was nothing short of criminal.

[/quote]

Blah...I''m disappointed that again you completely missed the point.........My view is that the team has been badly neglected by the management and the board.....in terms of under funding, poor signings and tactical ineptitude.

I have no sympathy for under-performing and over paid prima-donna footballers who couldn''t give a toss.....whether in a yellow shirt.......or a white one. 

Yellow Fever wrote, " the hope dies and the anger grows - even the the sleepy begin to wake ".

Blimey YF, were you Will Shakespeare in a previous life ?

No, I''ll bet you''ve been watching too many re-runs of that 1970''s David Carradine '' Kung-Fu '' TV series, eh, Grasshopper ? 

[quote].........My view is that the team has been badly neglected by the management and the board.....in terms of under funding, poor signings and tactical ineptitude.[/quote]

it''s a fair view, Cluckin.  I agree that we should be investing more in the playing side, maybe holding money back this season gives the abililty to spend more next ?  I simply don''t know...

My view is that this squad is more than capable of playing well and beating the best teams in this league on their day.  If we had played every game this season as we did the first 3 or 4, we''d be in the top 6 now.  I believe that we have a playoff-position capable squad with what we have plus loans.  If the players gave a toss about playing the games rather than "getting a fair deal from the boss", and to be honest if you''re playing regularly and getting paid thousands a week then how are you not "getting a fair deal", then we wouldn''t be 17th, and would be looking to build on a promising start, instead of rebuilding for a likely mid-table finish.

It''s hard to get inside a footballers head (no pun intended). They are granted a gift that most of us would give our right arm for.......they get a chance to play for a decent club with great supporters...and it''s still not enough.

You are right of course and we can only hope that the new bloke can sort out the wheat from the chaff quickly. I''m sure most of us would be happier to see an average player doing his very best...than watching a ''celebrity'' footballer doing sod all.....a la England last night.

I''ve a feeling it will work ok somehow........given the right man for the job.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]blimey, talk about drumming up panic...[/quote]

"TIMPANI! TIMPANI! EVERYONE HAS GOT IT - TIMPANI![:P]

Saturday 14th October 2006

14:50 Graham Souness unveiled as new permanent Manager of NCFC on four year contract..

17:15 Alan Pardew sacked as Manager of West Ham, expresses regret that the Norwich job has been filled in Press interview.

Where do you stop thinking pessimistically?

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"]

Saturday 14th October 2006

14:50 Graham Souness unveiled as new permanent Manager of NCFC on four year contract..

17:15 Alan Pardew sacked as Manager of West Ham, expresses regret that the Norwich job has been filled in Press interview.

Where do you stop thinking pessimistically?

[/quote]

or when