Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Why would they mess it up?

One thing that I just cannot understand is why people are critising the board; before they''ve even appointed a new manager! Why is everyone predicting doom and gloom?

Why would the board appoint Livermore (as posted earlier) just to keep the NCISA happy? It makes no sense. Why would they appoint Hunter?

I''m not someone who is constantly predicting nothing but good things for Norwich, but I really can''t understand all of the negativity going around!

I know this is tempting fate, but I really don''t think that Delia and co will mess this one up. No matter what anyone says, they are people who have an idea of how to run a football club, just look at where we were 10 years ago and where we are now.

Lets hope you are right. But if you cannot see reasons for ''negativity'', you need to take a look around. the track record of this board isnt good. And it shows no signs of improving. I am hoping for the best (a good, proven manager, with attitude and ambition), but expecting the worst (a tosser).   

Many of us have been here before.......so negativity based on past disappointment is only natural.

I too hope will be pleasantly surprised by the board.........but only time will tell.

[quote]but expecting the worst (a tosser).    [/quote]

Assuming you mean the caretaker manager, how do you come to that conclusion ?

The caretaker could be very capable, the fact it we simply don''t know yet what he is capable of.

I''m with Charlies Dad, until proven wrong I''ll be hopeful, but I fear a tosser. The problem is one man''s management appointment coup is another man''s tosser. Would anyone else have given Mick McCarthy the job at Wolves? Just out of iterest CD, who are your best managers and who are your tossers?

Managers and tossers? Well, I favour the appointment of a young MANAGER, someone who has had a modicum of success already and is ruthlessly ambitious, and not ready to suffer fools gladly. a motivator who can instil optimism in the supporters. and character in the players. Newell, Tilson or perhaps Penney fit this bill. Im fairly neutral with regard to the appointing a  number two from outside. some of those names, Bowen perhaps, are of interest. Tossers might include Robson, Reid, Mccarthy. Preofessional managers who manage because its what they do. But i feel they would also be costly, therefore unnatractive to the board.  Internal appointment MUST BE discouraged, ''if it aint broke dont fix it''?? Well it is broke. Fix it. anybody that had input into the debalcle of last Sunday should be given a wide berth, there are too many ''tossers'' at Carrow Road.  I wish for a ''new broom'', I want to see the ethos change at Carrow road, and ambition spreading from top to bottom, through a new manager with will and drive to succeed. Whats it to be? ambition? or dross?  

[quote user="charlies dad"]Lets hope you are right. But if you cannot see reasons for ''negativity'', you need to take a look around. the track record of this board isnt good. And it shows no signs of improving. I am hoping for the best (a good, proven manager, with attitude and ambition), but expecting the worst (a tosser).   [/quote]

I think that overall, the boards'' track record is good. The decision to appoint Nigel 6 years ago turned out to be a good one, they have turned us from a selling club to a force in the championship.

I agree with CD. We do need a new broom approach and I would be stunned if the board can''t see that for themselves.

unfortunatly members around here seem to have a negative view on everything, and seem to enjoy being that way, look at the amoutn of criticsm they (and worthy) got after croft''s signing, i beleive people were saying "he''s too fat, he''s no good etc" before he''d even kicked a ball.

it''s just the wat some of the people are on here: not happy unless finding something to moan about

[quote user="lambert gonzales"]

unfortunatly members around here seem to have a negative view on everything, and seem to enjoy being that way, look at the amoutn of criticsm they (and worthy) got after croft''s signing, i beleive people were saying "he''s too fat, he''s no good etc" before he''d even kicked a ball.

it''s just the wat some of the people are on here: not happy unless finding something to moan about

[/quote]Thats right, were all really chuffed at being managerless and 17th in the league! Delighted in fact. So much so that we have to look real hard and try to find something to moan about. And thats so difficult, because our club is so well run isnt it?