Sign in to follow this  
Anderz

Could it be Fleming?

"It is also understood that the club received more than 100 applications for the role vacated by Nigel Worthington on September 30. It is a list which includes a number of former players, including one still playing."

Does anyone see this as a current City player having thrown his hat into the ring as regards the managerial vacancy. Only posting as I''m curious as to whether it may or may not have been Fleming. I don''t really have any strong opinion either way as regards Fleming''s actual aptitude towards the role of manager.

Flem has done his coaching badges (I think he did them with Iwan when he was still here) so he has the qualifications. Got to be the favourite as the "current player". I''d be wary with his lack of experience personally though.

I think that if a City player has applied it is likely to have been Dion Dublin.

No factual evidence but his name has appeared in the long odds section of some bookies lists at prices of at least 20/1.

Nothing against the guy but I''d be only marginally more surprised if Elvis Presley got the nod..........

Doesn''t mean its a current Norwich player, just one still plying the trade... could have been someone like Mackay...?

I think the current player interested in the position is Dion Dublin.  When he was at Celtic he stated he wanted to get into coaching.  Was that the reason he turned other clubs down and came to us?                  

Assuming that this is expressed in English, the word former, and still playing would suggest someone who played for the club, no longer does so, but is still playing (elsewhere).Not many possibles - Malky?

By the way it is written, it sounds like the appilcant who still plays was in the 100 list, not the final four!

I imagine it was Craig Fleming or Dion Dublin as well!

they mean a former Canary who is still playing Elsewhere...

the only ones who fit the bill age wise (id say over 30) are Sutton and Malky.

jas :)

I think that it means a former NCFC player, who is still playing football...not a former NCFC player who is still playing for the club, thats makes no sense at all.

Must admit that having re-reading what I originally posted earlier, it does seem to suggest a former City player who''s still playing that isn''t at the club now... I blame the early starts that Manchester City Council have enforced and my pained fuzzy-headedness this morning...

Apologies for the confusion...

it defo aint dublin! think its malky personally as he said on sky the other week he would like the job one day.....