Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

West Brom & Mowbray

Good too see West Brom have shown ambition by going after the manager they wanted and have agreed a compensation package with Hibs to get him. Regardless of what anybody thinks of him at least West Brom have targetted their man and gone for him.

Seems as though (I really hope i''m wrong) that our board have given up at the first attempt of securing Steve Tilson - and we haven''t even approached Blackburn about Mark Bowen. Now i''m not saying that either one of these would want to be manager of NCFC but how do you know unless you talk to them ??

Too me either of these would be preferable to the 4 that "appear" to be left on the list. Again NCFC want to be seen as "nice" and doing things in an honourable way. I appreciate there would be money to part with for either of the above 2 to become the next manager of NCFC but as many have already pointed out in previous posts - this is the most important appointment for NCFC for along time and if we get it wrong - make no mistake we will be in this division (or potentially lower) for the next 5 years at least (unless we magic up a serious amount of investment from somewhere).

So what if these candidates are at other clubs - if NCFC believe they are the right men - they could go out and get them and must NOT be prepared to take the best of whats left - its too important.

Just like when good old Nige said we enquired about Freddy Eastwood and they said no -we just packed our bags with our tails between our legs and accepted it. We might aswell have enquired about Rooney, Gerrard etc - it doesn''t mean anything until you show the colour of your money...

I said awhile ago that I''d heard a rumour that it was going to be Peter Grant (with Malky as number 2 to appease the fans at the uninspiring manager choice) this is looking more and more likely... I hope i''m wrong and they make a last ditch approach for Tilson or Bowen - but i''m not holding my breath...

I think the board are more cunning than we give them credit for. They did approach Bowen and get thrown back but I have it on good Authority that we have approached Southend more than once and Tilson wants to come here and his asked his board for permisson to speak to us that they MAY have accepted...

...but you know our board, they keep this sort of stuff close to their chest!

Hope you are right Tom.

The board keep going on about football being a business - and they are right - but that means they need to start acting like one of their stature. NCFC in my eyes are constantly punching below their weight in business terms - too much of this "little norwich" attitude - they are a big club and they need to start thinking and acting like one. Otherwise their is only one way this club is going - backwards 

Not one for gossip.....and I don''t know who it is.....but a compensation package has been discussed by the board and will be put forward to his club. This can only mean that the man they want is currently employed.

So cluckin - if it is true what you are saying this person could be either; Tilson, Crook, Bowen or Grant...

unfortunately my moneys on Grant - but please let me be wrong....

Looks like i was right - now watch them appoint Malky as number 2. The deciding factor in Delias decision making process its that they are both Catholic. No offence intended - but if this is a factor in Delias process - we''re doomed. Make decisions for the right reasons NOT for you Delia...

I can''t imagine coming out to the press and saying "We''ve hired a manager because he''s catholic". I doubt it would be, but if it is / was, we won''t find out, so why even bring it up ?   How about "we''ve hired a manager who has helped to turn West Ham from a championship team to a top 10 team, and he''s joining us because his current team are under take-over threat from a billionaire" ?

[quote user="The Judge"]

Good too see West Brom have shown ambition by going after the manager they wanted and have agreed a compensation package with Hibs to get him. Regardless of what anybody thinks of him at least West Brom have targetted their man and gone for him.

Seems as though (I really hope i''m wrong) that our board have given up at the first attempt of securing Steve Tilson - and we haven''t even approached Blackburn about Mark Bowen. Now i''m not saying that either one of these would want to be manager of NCFC but how do you know unless you talk to them ??

Too me either of these would be preferable to the 4 that "appear" to be left on the list. Again NCFC want to be seen as "nice" and doing things in an honourable way. I appreciate there would be money to part with for either of the above 2 to become the next manager of NCFC but as many have already pointed out in previous posts - this is the most important appointment for NCFC for along time and if we get it wrong - make no mistake we will be in this division (or potentially lower) for the next 5 years at least (unless we magic up a serious amount of investment from somewhere).

So what if these candidates are at other clubs - if NCFC believe they are the right men - they could go out and get them and must NOT be prepared to take the best of whats left - its too important.

Just like when good old Nige said we enquired about Freddy Eastwood and they said no -we just packed our bags with our tails between our legs and accepted it. We might aswell have enquired about Rooney, Gerrard etc - it doesn''t mean anything until you show the colour of your money...

I said awhile ago that I''d heard a rumour that it was going to be Peter Grant (with Malky as number 2 to appease the fans at the uninspiring manager choice) this is looking more and more likely... I hope i''m wrong and they make a last ditch approach for Tilson or Bowen - but i''m not holding my breath...

[/quote]

Ah, is that the real reason McLeish isn''t coming?

[quote user="The Judge"]Looks like i was right - now watch them appoint Malky as number 2. The deciding factor in Delias decision making process its that they are both Catholic. No offence intended - but if this is a factor in Delias process - we''re doomed. Make decisions for the right reasons NOT for you Delia...[/quote]

Ah so is that why Worthy didnt get on with Helveg, Mackay, Mulryne and McVeigh just to name 4 that spring to mind, all Catholics and hes a Protestant. ??