Sign in to follow this  
Old Yeller

The real man of the match

I know that we all had a good old laugh at the ref. yesterday, but making him the man of the match rather short changes our players who were collectively very good once again.
I thought Malky was immense yesterday and richly deserved to be man of the match. Reading hardly created a decent chance, kitson was forced back into midfield in order to influence the game and Goater was anonymous when he came on. What more does the man have to do to get his rightful recognition? I heard Tony Cottee saying on Sky last night how much West Ham needed a player like him.
And let''s not hear any more about how lucky we were (although it is a well known fact that the Almighty has been a yellow ever since the Dark Lord of Halvergate was exorcised from the club). Any side that has the sustained pressure and possession that we had as the game wore on is bound to get the ball running for them on occasions. I know Mr. barry played his amusing part in the build-up, but the goal had been coming and more credit must be given to Mulryne''s outstanding instinctive finish.
The winning line is in sight and it''s down to the consistency and excellence of the players, not to freakish good fortune. On the ball,City!