Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

We may end up with a nobody

As the list of potential managers gets smaller and smaller, with chairman not allowing approaches I am left fearing we may end up with a manager who frankly is a nobody, with no acheivements and little experience.  This is a critical time in our immediate future as a club. Lets face it why would a manger wnat to come to us.  Prudence over ambition, a nice friendly board who do not take tough decisions when they need to be made. A board that is run more like a family of friends than a business. No money in the transfer kitty, limited scope, average salary.  One of the only positives I can see for coming is Norwich is a great place to live!  I do hope that we get the right man but am worried we will not!  I trend to agree with a lot of the posters in thinking someone like a Bowen who knows the club and is respected would be the right sort of choice.....but will this happen or will we end up with a Hunter, Robson or Blackwell?

OTBC

St.John

In reality, if you want someone enough from another club/company you will get him.  He can always resign first!  If NCFC want Tilson or Bowen enough, they can do it. Question is, will they? 

Norfolk a nice place to live?  Sure, but so are many other areas of the UK, and most of the more urban areas such as the Midlands have lovely picture postcard villages well within the means of a football manager''s means.  If you have money you can always find somewhere pleasant to live.

The bottom line is:  How much ambition do our board really have?  And, if they truly have it, do they then have the guts to go for the best man?  Or will they, once again, go for the old tried and tested (but not always successful) appoint from within?

My guess is it''s going to be Hunter.

Sorry St Jon but I fail to agree, I think many managers would love the chance to manage us, look at our first time. If you were curbishley (for example) think what you could do with the likes of Croft, Hucks, Earnshaw and all the good youth players we''ve got

I also think we do have some money in the bank and I think that the board may have kept it from worthington as they expected he''d do what he did (fail). I do agree on Norwich and Norfolk being a great place to live!

I reckon we''ll get a good manager, just knowing we were targeting Tilson makes me feel a bit better about the board

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I bet over 50% of fans will be dissappointed in the choice of manager we end up with![/quote]

yes and they will soon join are protests

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

I bet over 50% of fans will be dissappointed in the choice of manager we end up with![/quote]

[/quote]

Please don''t quote my posts cuz I can get into enough trouble on my own thankyou![:^)]

Remembering back a long time, I''m pretty sure I was hugely disappointed with the appointment of Mike Walker (the first time) when it was announced as it was an internal promotion and he was pretty much a "nobody".......................I wasn''t disappointed for that long.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Please don''t quote my posts cuz I can get into enough trouble on my own thankyou![:^)]

[/quote]

do not be afraid  - soon they will all be with us

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

Well if the choice is one of the 4 every one says it looks like my thread will be spot.on ...a nobody.....HELP!!!

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]

we must help ourselves

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

see i told you - we are many and soon ktfs will be gone

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

see i told you - we are many and soon ktfs will be gone

[/quote]

WTF????????? Do you wanna swap avatars???

Can''t believe this board is still getting comments... has word not got about here yet?

We hae got a NOBODY!!!

Delia must go NOW!!!