Sign in to follow this  
Stan Ley

What a fantastic appointment!!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever happened to those "high calibre" CV''s???????????????????????????????????

Small club mentality!!! No ambition!!! Clueless board!!! £30m down the pan!!!!

Sunderland have Keane / Norwich have Grant  -- Now which of these do you think is more likely to attract the quality of player to get their club to the "promised land"???????

I doubt Keane will attract all the best players...a lot of people withinh the game cannot stand him. Plus he is earning in excess of £2 million p.a at Sunderland...if you want my honest opinion Grant is the better option for Norwich.

[quote user="Stan Ley"]

Whatever happened to those "high calibre" CV''s???????????????????????????????????

Sunderland have Keane / Norwich have Grant  -- Now which of these do you think is more likely to attract the quality of player to get their club to the "promised land"???????

quite honestly, sunderland can keep Keane - the guy is am idiot and will end up being in the same group of twits like souness, robson, hoddle, peter reid. Short term success may be, but let''s see where they are in a couple of years with him and how many players he has antagonised.

this is a risky appointment but I''ve always said that there is no one decent to replace worthington - Curbs would have been my choice but we always knew that was a dream. The only thing I would say is that we maybe should have pressed harder for Tilson.I''m not judging anyone just yet.

[/quote]

Cheap as chips............but, I''m willin'' to give him [O].......Frankly, did anyone actually expect anything other than a thrifty appointment?[8-)] We are after all.........so skint!

I think PG was willing to work with what we have got - regarding playing staff.

What is this post all about Stan?

Surely Keane is a bigger gamble than Grant? At least Grant already has some experience as a number two. Or am I missing something here? (Apart from a few marbles [:)] )

[quote user="Stan Ley"]

[/quote]

now join us BOGO - board out grant out

[quote user="Stan Ley"]

for christ sake give the guy a chance. So what club has the irish thug managed? correct none, so why is he so special? don''t whinge for the sake of it.

[/quote]

For gods sake, just give the guy a chance. This is typical of somepeople around here, when they wanted Nigel out ''anybody'' was better. Now we have someone new and you''re still not happy.  GROW UP!! The board were never going to please everyone.If Mark Bowen preferred to stay as a no.2 then to me that tells its own story, he doesnt have the stomach for the hot seat. PG has the confidence in his own ability to go for it. Maybe WHU will lend us Tevez or maybe Ashton, just to get him fit again ;-)

Ah yes, the same Sunderland that were going to appoint a world-class manager andactually got someone with, erm, no experience. And look where it got them!

[quote user="Stan Ley"]

Are you for real?  Roy Keane. If that idiot had stepped anywhere near our club I would never have passed through a turnstile again.  I pity Sunderland I really do.  Big time Charlie nursing a bigger ego.

Peter Grant may not have his playing credentials, but has done well under Pardew at Reading and W Ham and also done pretty well at Bournemouth and all this promoting good passing football.

Good luck Peter Grant, and great hope to a new era at our club.

[/quote]

To be honest I think we''ve got a bit of a coup here.  Grant has worked with Pardew at Reading and West Ham, knows what it takes to turn a championship standard team into a top 10 team without significant changes in personnel, and is ready to spread his own wings as the wheels seem to be coming off at West Ham with the Argentinians not settling into the side, 5 losses on the bounce and threats of a take-over.  We''ll soon see who in the partnership has the talent, will Pardew be out the door at West Ham soon ?

As for Roy Keane, I don''t think he''ll last the season, he''s more likely to fall out with Niall Quinn at the first sign of trouble.

MartyI have nothing against Grant. Its the small club mentality that Delia & co continue to deliver that pisses me off.

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]Couldnt this have been posted under any of the other 161 posts maoning about our manager?[/quote]Who doesn''t even start ''till Monday.This messageboard is becoming a total joke.I see a lot of parallels between Grant and Bowen. Both proven assistant managers with a decent track record.Obviously I''d have preferred Bowen, but I''d take Grant over Robson, Hoddle or Smegson any day of the week.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]Couldnt this have been posted under any of the other 161 posts maoning about our manager?[/quote]

Who doesn''t even start ''till Monday.
This messageboard is becoming a total joke.

I see a lot of parallels between Grant and Bowen. Both proven assistant managers with a decent track record.
Obviously I''d have preferred Bowen, but I''d take Grant over Robson, Hoddle or Smegson any day of the week.

[/quote]

Exactly!

He has had a successful period as a coach and has more fire in his belly then alot of the other pre-madonna managers - he will bring new passion to the club and hopefully he learnt a bit about the passing game at West Ham, I reckon if Hunter is happy to stay they will make a good team, livermore can get lost though. He will have us in the top six by Christmas.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Stan Ley"]

for christ sake give the guy a chance. So what club has the irish thug managed? correct none, so why is he so special? don''t whinge for the sake of it.

[/quote][/quote]

so who would you have suggested? most options where either unproven managers, experienced managers on the managerial scrap heap or managers in reasonable jobs already, i.e. ones that were not necessarily available, at least not at our price. Why should we offer and obscene amount for any of these? Nigel was unproven and did OK in his spell, why shouldn’t it happen again?

now we have a new manager, let''s back him

Y do u use so many Stick out tongue [:P]''s. It makes me really Ick! [+o(] and Super Angry [8o|]. This is one of the most Devil [6]things about the Computer [co] age. As if we can''t Idea [I] for ourselves without visual stimulation. To u i say No [N]. i''m off to down my Crying [:''(] in Beer [B].

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Cheap as chips............but, I''m willin'' to give him [O].......Frankly, did anyone actually expect anything other than a thrifty appointment?[8-)] We are after all.........so skint!

I think PG was willing to work with what we have got - regarding playing staff.

[/quote]

we''ll just have to wait and see, every manager has to start somewhere and since many ''high calibre'' managers do exsist and they didnt pop out of thin air only time will tell, whats to say he wont be the next Alan Curbisley or someone similar???. Granted its a suprising appointment, but as the saying goes, your only as good as your last game. and people are complaining before he''s had his first. Optimism is a lovely word, maybe some more people need to get in touch with it.

theres no pleasing some fans i would have liked to c crook down here i didnt even think about grant but hes been at westham as no 2 so he must have had some input into there up + he played 4 us 4 2 years so he knows what kinder football city should play lets just get behind the team new manager & support r loved club if not why not go some where else

I`m sort of looking forward   to Grants team selection  , and formation !     I hope he`s got a strong stomach   when he looks over  what passes for our team  .....   there`s one thing we do know about him already , he`s a brave man !  either that , or completely barmy  .........

I predict a 1-1 draw  today

it is an unbelievable gamble by the club and one which surely is a poor excuse for an appointment

with the sacking of worthington we had an opportunity to bring in a top quality manager to restore us to the premiership and what have they done gmabled on someone who has never managed before and brought him in when the team is in crisis and needed inspiration

what does he bring.... NOTHING

actually i''ll tell you why the board have done this because they are cheap!!!!! first it was the lack of money spent in the summer or players brought in after selling two of our best players and now it is highering the cheap option of grant..... i had never heard of him until he was mentioned in the race to be manager and i doubt many of you had.

im not saying it had to be a household name appointment but someone who at least has some management know how!!

what is wrong with us, if we want tilson and he wants to come here try and get him don;''t just ENQUIRE!!!!! look at WBA and Mowbray, they got their man because they persiviered!!!

why are players want to come to a club now with such a novice as manager!!!

no more than 12th place at end of season and earny gone by then if not before in january!!!

you have let us down again Norwich City

Come on Stan, some people will never be satisfied.

Why the doom and gloom. Read my post about giving him time.

Please stop sending posts which are going to cause arguements.

Lets get the positive attitude back at Carrow road.