Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Good luck peter!!

Excellent choice from a very limited number of quality applicants. Mr M Mackay would make an excellent player coach, hopefully Iasn Crook has a job there somewhere. Where does that leave Hunter, Webb and Livermore????

I am sure that many will question the appointment, but he must be given time to prove himself.

I too want to wish Peter all the best.  I am strangely optimistic tonight, after thinking M Hunter would just continue in a long line of appointments from within.

He''s an ex player (okay, not Bowen or Crook) but he has fire and obviously now ambition to manage.  Talking to my son in law (W Ham supporter), he''s gutted that he''s left them and says Grant has done wonders down at Upton Park, including coaching in the right way.  West Ham play our sort of football and he''s a young and hungry manager, so I hope for good things.

Far better than some tired old Prem relic who only cares for his money.  P Grant hopefully will kick a few lazy arses and get them playing again.

The very best of luck - and I feel much better than when NW was announced as manager.

yeah I agree, the guy has a good attitude and we should give our best support for the near future, good luck.

I would also like to wish Peter Grant good luck in the job and hope he can revive the club''s fortunes. He was a passionate player on pitch, wore his heart on his sleeve, there is no reason to believe he will not be the same as manager. Let''s all get behind him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]God help us![/quote]

Nothing like giving the bloke a chance, eh?

Lets face it if they''d anounced big Phil Scolari some people would be whinning.

I for one am happy to give the bloke a chance, He''s been part of a successful team for the past few years, and he knows how to get out of this division. None of us were at his or anybody elses interview.

At the end of the day, nobody knows how this will shape up, but just going into a negative moan says alot more about the poster than Grant.

Jesus, does this make me a KTF    

wow, what a difference a couple of weeks can make

[quote user="WHITE VAN MAN"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]God help us![/quote]

Nothing like giving the bloke a chance, eh?

Lets face it if they''d anounced big Phil Scolari some people would be whinning.

I for one am happy to give the bloke a chance, He''s been part of a successful team for the past few years, and he knows how to get out of this division. None of us were at his or anybody elses interview.

At the end of the day, nobody knows how this will shape up, but just going into a negative moan says alot more about the poster than Grant.

Jesus, does this make me a KTF    

wow, what a difference a couple of weeks can make

[/quote]

Well if you''re one White Van, so am I!  Wonder of the world 

I really think this could be a good astute appointment.

He is young and has learnt the trade as Pardews wingman at Reading and West Ham. He will certainly remove players from there comfort zones, get them playing with pride and passion and get us playing the right way.

Looking at west Ham boards they only speak highly of him and are sad to see him go. I think this will turn out a good appointment. So what if he is young and its his first role?

Were Watford chuffed when Aidy Boothroyd was appointed? Was he viewed as too young?

I wanted Ian Crook as manager, he too shares the same credentials as Grant, would Crook of been welcomed because he is a legend?

We just need to give him a chance. Things may not happen straight away but things do take time.Lets be patient get behind him and stop the negativity that spreads so bloody quickly on this board!

Yellow fever....as for this BOGO.....you really are a sad old man aint ya! Total binner. Your posts are unconstructive and dull. Yeah your entitled to freedom of speech but pleeeeaaasssee, say something decent for once!! As someone has previously said....your starting to wear my mouse wheel down skipping past your comments!

PGGAYA!

You would have been somewhere around 10th choice if I had anything to do with the managerial selection process, Peter. But I had nothing to do with it, so what I think is irrelevant and anyway my choice (Mike Newell) may not have been any better in this job than you will prove to be. So, good luck, mate. I hope you can turn our fortunes round and make City a team that the fans can be proud of once again. Here''s hoping that in the fullness of time you can steer us back to the promised land that is the Premiership. Furthermore, I hope everybody will remain calm and patient, if it takes a bit of time to bring your team up to speed.