Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Hope you Worthy Outers are happy now

[quote user="Middle of the Road"]

You deliberately misrepresent my point. Most City fans get behind the team and the manager at all times - not just when it suits us! I will support us whoever the manager is - unlike you.

[/quote]

Big fan of Hamilton too then Delia?? [:O]

Yeah Silver Fox, that''s right. Not.

Worthington was a top class left full back, who consistently played in a top 10 team in the top league of English Football.

I didn''t even mention his managment skills, so the obligatory CJF-style rant about Fleming, Doherty and Malky is utterly irrelevent to me. And. Borrrring. Me. To ........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

You deliberately misrepresent my point. Most City fans get behind the team and the manager at all times - not just when it suits us! I will support us whoever the manager is - unlike you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No but I did not boo him or the team or cheer opposition goals, forge petitions etc. In fact, I acted like a fan... and you know what he was sacked?

Get the point?

those petitions werent forged MOTR, im sure there are copies somewhere and u can contact all the names on them if u so wish to double check.

jas :)

No but I did not boo him or the team or cheer opposition goals, forge petitions etc. In fact, I acted like a fan... and you know what he was sacked?

Get the point?

[/quote]

No he wasnt, he resigned...  AND Delia tryed to talk him out of it!!

Get the Point?

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Get the point?

[/quote]

but we didnt boo we would still have worthington - we saved the club

BOGO

I''m a true fan of many years and have only been moved to join & add to this forum now.

TOTALLY behind the opinions expressed by MOTR...

...some people have very short memories of the awful mess that was the legacy of the Chase era. NW emerging from Hamilton''s shadow did much for our club over the years but went stale. Then the WO''ters  made it personal.

There''s now a nasty atmosphere lurking below the surface of a new chapter in the history of NCFC.

ROME WASN''T BUILT IN A DAY .

OUR CLUB NOW NEEDS THE UNITED FORCE OF A LOYAL FOLLOWING ,....TO ONE END - SUCCESS FOR NCFC,PLAYING THE BEAUTIFUL GAME THE''NORWICH''WAY.

GOOD LUCK Peter Grant ! OTBC

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Get the point?

[/quote]

Get the Point?

[/quote]

You really are that naive aren''t you? No doubt you also believe it when they tell us Blair and Brown are best friends too!

[quote user="Dicky"]

Peter Grant eh? - know who I would rather have.  I hope more than anything that I am wrong, but I really don''t think I will be.  A successful manager in many ways has been hounded out and replaced by somebody with NO experience of being a manager, who was hardly a success as a player for us and doesn''t seem to bring a lot to the party (apart from being cheap?).

I will support the new manager as I have every manager, but with a heavy heart.

Anyone truly happy today?

[/quote]

Do you support Worthy or Norwich?

You questioned people who wanted Worthy gone even though the evidence is right there in front of you YET you slate someone before he has even started.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Get the point?

[/quote]

Get the Point?

[/quote]

You really are that naive aren''t you? No doubt you also believe it when they tell us Blair and Brown are best friends too!

[/quote]

I guess you never read Iwans book then did you... 

"He resigned...  AND Delia tryed to talk him out of it...." FACT

Naive.... No....  Blind Loyalty is a sign of naivety MOTR.

CJF, you really think that the players know all about the boardroom discussions? Any decent manager would try to let the dismissed employee go with dignity.

So CJF, with your limited loyalty, how would the world be different if we all had your wisdom? Let''s say there were 24,000 CJFs at Carrow road. How would things be different? What would your supreme presence have done to ensure that we were in the prem?

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

CJF, you really think that the players know all about the boardroom discussions? Any decent manager would try to let the dismissed employee go with dignity.

So CJF, with your limited loyalty, how would the world be different if we all had your wisdom? Let''s say there were 24,000 CJFs at Carrow road. How would things be different? What would your supreme presence have done to ensure that we were in the prem?

[/quote]

24,000 of me, well Clint Easton wouldnt have stood a chance!!  lol

Certainly Worthington would have been sacked round about November time last season.  Apart from that I doubt it would be much different - it would certainly be a noisier carrow road, but too much whinging no doubt...

As for Delia''s comment, its general knowledge.  And as I said HE WAS NOT DISMISSED HE RESIGNED.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

those petitions werent forged MOTR, im sure there are copies somewhere and u can contact all the names on them if u so wish to double check.

[/quote]

See thread exposing MOTR.

Dicky,

I don''t usually participate in these infighting threads because I am interested in the club and its wellbeing and not in squabbling with anyone.  It is credit to you for standing up and starting a thread with your views rather than sniping from the sidelines as per usual and you have responded to challenges for once instead of ducking them.......

BUT even by your standards this a snide and meanspirited thread.  To suggest Worthy was hounded from the club is ludicrous.  No manager in the last 40 years was given greater latitude to succeed that he.  Also, fans had the right to protest and the Board had the right to ignore them.  Compare Worthy with Blackwell to see a manager hounded by fans with threats a nd worse.

Perhaps more importantly, as a spectator rather than a participant in this thread thus far, I have to say that your contributions scream out that you care about Worthy more than you care about the Club.  Is that the case?  If so, why?  If not, then beware because that is how it comes across and you do yourself a disservice by displaying your views in this light.

[quote user="Mook"]

Worthington was a top class left full back, who consistently played in a top 10 team in the top league of English Football.

I didn''t even mention his managment skills, so the obligatory CJF-style rant about Fleming, Doherty and Malky is utterly irrelevent to me. And. Borrrring. Me. To ........ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

[/quote]  The trouble is Mook like most Worthy supporters you failed to answer the question which was '' when were Shef Wed last in the top flight?''  Do you want me to make the questions a little simpler for you to answer in future?  Hopefully Worthy will get to manage a local team and then you can continue to support him.  I trust that isn''t too boring for you.

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

see posts pointing out its a load of *****.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="silver fox"]

Worthington was hardly a big success as a player

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish. Worthington was a fabulous full back, just ask any Wednesday fan what they think of him. And this was when they were playing top league football.

[/quote]

My dear old Mook , all i can think was you never did ever see good old nidge play , all he ever had was a booming left foot down the left wing , and on a wet pitch he would dive on his back with his legs bicyling in the air taking the ball ,winger , himself . into the crowd .thats very good educated football . when sheff wed talked tactics they told nigel to go and pump up a few footballs, we know this is right because norwich city sacked him , he was no good

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

Come on GOTF........loyalty is not just about being led blind. It is the duty of all loyal supporters to ''protect'' their club and if that means reluctantly protesting...then so be it.

I have a real fear that the protesters voices were heeded far too late and instead of a bit of unpleasantness....we now have a serious crisis.To accuse CJF of disloyalty is to misunderstand the role of a ''genuine supporter''...........

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Ralph Wrong"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Am I the only person wondering why GOTF would post in defence of MOTR?

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Ralph Wrong"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Am I the only person wondering why GOTF would post in defence of MOTR?

[/quote]

Are you married Ralph?

[quote user="Dicky"]

My true colours?  Meaning what exactly? I have always stated that I thought Worthy should not have been hounded out and I still believe that.

[/quote]

lol...  Dicky.... you would have rather had a manager patently failing in his job in charge of our club....

Some are just blind to what is in front of them.

Going back to the title of this thread, extremely, deliriously, over the moon bloody happy!

[quote user="silver fox"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]  The trouble is Mook like most Worthy supporters you failed to answer the question which was '' when were Shef Wed last in the top flight?''  Do you want me to make the questions a little simpler for you to answer in future?  Hopefully Worthy will get to manage a local team and then you can continue to support him.  I trust that isn''t too boring for you.[/quote]

I''m actually quite glad this thread got dragged up, because it gives me a chance to highlight the RIDICULOUS behaviour of some of the Worthy Out movement, and why the bickering gets so bad. Take the above quote:

I am no Worthy supporter. I have never been a Worthy supporter, per se, just highlighted the things I thought that were good about his management. Why would I change my allegience from my beloved Norwich to follow a local team? Playground stuff.

And as for the actual question, which relates to my stating that Nigel Worthington played consistently in one of the top 10 clubs in England, plese see the following, bearing in mind Worthington played from 1984-1994 and Sheffield Wednesday were last in the top flight in 2000:

Sheffield Wednesday spent the majority of the 1980s and 1990s in the top tier of English football. 1990-91 was the only season out of SIXTEEN in a row that Wednesday spent in a lower division, but that season is best remembered for Wednesday''s swift return to the top flight under the management of Ron Atkinson and their LEAGUE CUP victory over MANCHESTER UNITED to WIN their first MAJOR TROPHY for over 50 years. The 1992-93 season established Sheffield Wednesday AS A TOP CLUB as they visited Wembley FOUR TIMES during the season - a League Cup final and an FA Cup semi-final, final and replay.

It seems the real trouble is, Silver Fox, that like most Worthy Outers you were trying to ignore the facts so you can slate your mortal enemy. All I did was point out the factual inaccuracies.

So, he isn''t a great manager. But to say he was a bad player is nonsense.

2 games, 2 winsOur first away win since JanuaryBoth games were good performancesHow much more happy could we be [:P]....Well maybe if Earnie had scored at least one of his several chances...