Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Hope you Worthy Outers are happy now

Peter Grant eh? - know who I would rather have.  I hope more than anything that I am wrong, but I really don''t think I will be.  A successful manager in many ways has been hounded out and replaced by somebody with NO experience of being a manager, who was hardly a success as a player for us and doesn''t seem to bring a lot to the party (apart from being cheap?).

I will support the new manager as I have every manager, but with a heavy heart.

Anyone truly happy today?

and lets just say he takes us up, playing passing football, and not a team on the verge of relegation which we were under worthy

Id be cock-a-hoop

jas :)

The more you look at it, the more you realise that great players don''t necessarily make great managers. So whether or not Grant stood out for Norwich is pretty much irrelevant.

And what does Grant have that neither Tilson or Newell have?

Experience of taking a team out of this division, even if it was alongside Pardew.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Peter Grant eh? - know who I would rather have.  I hope more than anything that I am wrong, but I really don''t think I will be.  A successful manager in many ways has been hounded out and replaced by somebody with NO experience of being a manager, who was hardly a success as a player for us and doesn''t seem to bring a lot to the party (apart from being cheap?).

I will support the new manager as I have every manager, but with a heavy heart.

Anyone truly happy today?

[/quote]

Yes, I am Dicky.  We have at last broken free from the decline of Mr Worthington and started anew.  Yes, he''s unproven, but he''s young, obviously ambitious. He''s done v well at W Ham and has coached them, and Reading to play NORWICH football.  Something NW didn''t manage successfully.

We have had many happy connections with W Ham in the past, Ken Brown for one, plus numerous players.  I for one am happy to keep that connection. 

It''s a new era.  Of course we could have appointed a tried and tested, had they applied for the job.  Who of those tried and tested would have pleased you?  As for NW, he''d had his day.  Last season was a complete failure, this season was heading the same way.  The players voted him out. 

The board acted, not before time.  It''s now time for us all to get behind Mr Grant and the team.  Be positive!

Gazza the great wrote, " We have had many happy connections with W Ham in the past, Ken Brown for one, plus numerous players. I for one am happy to keep that connection.

Well said Gazza. If we have as much success as we did with Ken Brown and one of his predecessors, former Hammers team mate John Bond as our managers then let the good times roll......

Well Dicky - It didn''t you long to show your true colours did it?

I tell you this. Peter Grant is an intelligent coach with a sense of humour, a track record of playing good football and is respected within the game.

I am sure you will get over Worthy moving on and , as you say, lets all get behind the team. I think we are in for a very interesting and entertaining ride.

I''ll be at QPR tomorrow and will give Grant a warm welcome.

I can''t believe this post! Is it designed to open up old wounds?? I supported Worthy right up to the end and have fought to have his achievements recognised on here since he was sacked. But all this post has done is to invite a load more anti worthy posts when we should be getting behind Peter Grant.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I can''t believe this post! Is it designed to open up old wounds?? I supported Worthy right up to the end and have fought to have his achievements recognised on here since he was sacked. But all this post has done is to invite a load more anti worthy posts when we should be getting behind Peter Grant.

[/quote]

They''re not anti-Worthy posts, Nutster.

They''re anti-''I''ve-kept a low-profile-since-we-got-stuffed-by-a-load-of-crap-teams-but-now-seems-like-a-good-time-to crawl-out-of-the-woodwork'' posts.

I tell you what, Dicky - when Worthington gets an appointment at a Division 2 or Conference club, do us a favour and go and support them.  

[quote user="Yellow fever"]

see i sed the ktfs were still strong

strike now while we can

join the protests

BOGO - board out grant out

[/quote]

can we have a vote to stop this dullard posting here, he can''t spell or write properly, his logic is that of an under 7 year old, he simply says nothing constructive or interesting, he just whines on about the board etc. to be blunt, he bores me!

I''m happy Dicky, Worthy was well past his sell by date and was slowly dragging the club down.

Now we have a young, ambitious & passionate manager who will be well up for the new challenge.

Lets get behind him and give him a helping hand.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]

I tell you this. Peter Grant is an intelligent coach with a sense of humour, a track record of playing good football and is respected within the game.

I am sure you will get over Worthy moving on and , as you say, lets all get behind the team. I think we are in for a very interesting and entertaining ride.

[/quote]

My true colours?  Meaning what exactly? I have always stated that I thought Worthy should not have been hounded out and I still believe that.

You say Grant is an intelligent coach - based on what?

As for him having a sense of humour, what relevance has that got.  As for playing good football, I take it you never watched him play for Norwich.  As for being respected, for doing what exactly?

I was pro-Worthington (most people would say too much so), I am sad that his squad let him down in such an appalling manner towards the end, but we have to move on, and Grant is now the manager of our team.

This could be the appointment we need.  Grant has experience of taking a squad of championship players, getting them promoted and keeping them together to be successful in the Premiership, albeit not as manager but as coach, but I''m fairly certain he''ll have an extensive enough list of contacts to help us bring in new players and work effectively in the transfer market, being in the game for as long as he has been.

What Grant needs from the fans is about 18 months of patience.  If we''re not in the play-offs at the end of this season, we need to understand that it is not the end of the world.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Yellow fever"]

see i sed the ktfs were still strong

strike now while we can

join the protests

BOGO - board out grant out

[/quote]

can we have a vote to stop this dullard posting here, he can''t spell or write properly, his logic is that of an under 7 year old, he simply says nothing constructive or interesting, he just whines on about the board etc. to be blunt, he bores me!

[/quote]

I agree, it is getting silly.

A cardboard cutout could have done a better job than Worthington , Grant no its not the big name we were hoping for , but better than Worthington ? 100% gauranteed i would say.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]

[/quote]

My true colours?  Meaning what exactly? I have always stated that I thought Worthy should not have been hounded out and I still believe that.

You say Grant is an intelligent coach - based on what?

As for him having a sense of humour, what relevance has that got.  As for playing good football, I take it you never watched him play for Norwich.  As for being respected, for doing what exactly?

[/quote]

Grant has been with Pardew and assisted W Ham to the Premiership, through playoffs and to a FA Cup Final, also worked well at Reading and Bournemouth. 

Grant was a no nonsense midfielder in the mould of Gary Holt.  A man of passion and drive, a good captain.  Not the sort to stand on the touchline with his arms folded!  Worthington''s time was up, Dicky, you have to accept it and get behind the team.

OTBC

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m happy Dicky, Worthy was well past his sell by date and was slowly dragging the club down.

Now we have a young, ambitious & passionate manager who will be well up for the new challenge.

[/quote]

The vast majority of fans always did their best to help the manager of our team. We shall of course continue to do so but to have lectures in loyalty from organisers and helpers of Worthy Out is annoying!

Nigel Worthington was unproven when we gambled on him, but if Grant could do what Worthy did in his first 4 years not many would be complaining. I think it is obvious we needed a change, and with fiery grant (he''ll take no muckin about) and Ian ''pass the ball'' crook, Hopefully!, we''ll have a good mix. Out with livermore!

[quote user="ncfc1"]A cardboard cutout could have done a better job than Worthington , Grant no its not the big name we were hoping for , but better than Worthington ? 100% gauranteed i would say.[/quote]

There ya go link.. I rest my case!

Why is all this neccessary??

Turned the club around, took us to the playoffs, won the championship, took us into the premier league where we didn''t get relegated until the last game and put 10,000 on the gate!

Bring on the next cardboard cutout!

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

The vast majority of fans always did their best to help the manager of our team. We shall of course continue to do so but to have lectures in loyalty from organisers and helpers of Worthy Out is annoying!

[/quote]

Well I suggest you go and help him find a new job then and then start a new website for his fans!!

I thought that you and your mate Getting Off The Fence has left us, what a nice surprise that you havent. [:)]

I am absoutely over the moon Dicky.  Nigel Worthington''s previous experience was to almost get Blackpool relegated before they sacked him.  He came pretty close to doing the same here until the board saw sense.  Worthington was hardly a big success as a player and if we are honest he was lucky in the promotion year as the league was fairly poor, and we had more than our fair share of luck.  He consitently backed journeymen when most of the supporters could see they were poor.  He very rarely gave the youngsters a chance, unless he signed them from a Premiership club.  His dabble in the transfer market, with the exception of Ashton and Earnshaw, was hardly a success.  His tactics were limited, his substitutions were invariably left too late, and he was regularly out-thought by the opposing manager.

The real reason I am truly happy today is that I no longer have to listen to a manager who often said he didn''t really care what the supporters thought, as he was the manager.  Nigel Worthington did very well out of Norwich City and their supporters, and will probably have a very comfortable lifestyle with the compensation he received for being sacked.  Perhaps if he had been man enough to leave when he knew he couldn''t turn things around, we could have avoided all the protests which led to supporters arguing amongst themselves.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I suggest you go and help him find a new job then and then start a new website for his fans!!

I thought that you and your mate Getting Off The Fence has left us, what a nice surprise that you havent. [:)]

[/quote]

You deliberately misrepresent my point. Most City fans get behind the team and the manager at all times - not just when it suits us! I will support us whoever the manager is - unlike you.

[quote user="silver fox"]

Worthington was hardly a big success as a player

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish. Worthington was a fabulous full back, just ask any Wednesday fan what they think of him. And this was when they were playing top league football.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="silver fox"]

Worthington was hardly a big success as a player

[/quote]

Absolute rubbish. Worthington was a fabulous full back, just ask any Wednesday fan what they think of him. And this was when they were playing top league football.

[/quote]  Just remind me when Shef Wed were playing top league football Mook?  If the Wed fans think he is so good perhaps they will try and entice him to their club, and he can take them even further down the league.  I guess if you think Worthy was fabulous you must also believe that Fleming and Doherty are top class.  Worthington was nothing more than a reasonable defender who hardly ever got out of his own half, a bit like the way he got our defence to play.  We did have a good defender by the name of Malky, but sadly the manager saw fit to get rid of him to a Premiership club.

I think you will find that ''absolute rubbish'' is the best way to describe the way Worthington ran the club over the last 18 months.

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You deliberately misrepresent my point. Most City fans get behind the team and the manager at all times - not just when it suits us! I will support us whoever the manager is - unlike you.

[/quote]

but cos you do board appoint bad manager which is why hey should go with worthington

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]A cardboard cutout could have done a better job than Worthington , Grant no its not the big name we were hoping for , but better than Worthington ? 100% gauranteed i would say.[/quote]

There ya go link.. I rest my case!

Why is all this neccessary??

Turned the club around, took us to the playoffs, won the championship, took us into the premier league where we didn''t get relegated until the last game and put 10,000 on the gate!

Bring on the next cardboard cutout!

[/quote]

very true, (altho the premiership bit is more than just that really - we could have stayed up with a better manager).

Maybe the board will learn when to sack the next cardboardcutout.  19th - great!! :-)