Sign in to follow this  
GreennYella

NCISA

Having read todays Evening News I was a bit hacked off to read the NCISA statement regarding the Andy Hughes situation. Having started the witch hunt on Nigel Worthington it now seems Roy Blower and co. have something else to moan about. I really wouldn''t be surprised to see a ''Hughes out'' demonstration before the Cardiff match at home, just so Blower can issue another statement and get his name in the paper. Rather than saying the player has no future with the club, how about supporting him rather than abusing him? His confidence has been completely destroyed. Getting slated by opposition fans is one thing but booing your own player is disgraceful.

[quote user="lfreresmith"]Having read todays Evening News I was a bit hacked off to read the NCISA statement regarding the Andy Hughes situation. Having started the witch hunt on Nigel Worthington it now seems Roy Blower and co. have something else to moan about. I really wouldn''t be surprised to see a ''Hughes out'' demonstration before the Cardiff match at home, just so Blower can issue another statement and get his name in the paper. Rather than saying the player has no future with the club, how about supporting him rather than abusing him? His confidence has been completely destroyed. Getting slated by opposition fans is one thing but booing your own player is disgraceful.[/quote]

On the basis of what I know of the incident I totally agree with everything you have posted.

Maybe NCISA know more than me.

We never issued that statement. The Evening News was well out of order and have been told so.

It was an opinion written by a website contributor as are many more articles on there. That is quite different from an issued statement. The first I knew about it was when a colleague told me about it yesterday.

The fans have done the right thing in not pursueing the matter further, I thoughly respect their stance in letting the club deal with the issue.  The last thing we want is the filth involved.  I have no doubt the pigs would cock it up and blow it out of all proportion as is usual for them. NCISA is a disgrace to be sticking its nose in this issue that is already being sorted out fairly and properly, this kind of things makes me annoyed to be a member.  I was hoping for a clean break after the club have finally belatedly sacked Worthington - and that includes giving Andy Hughes some slack.

In such a highly charged atmosphere and after being booed onto the pitch and slagged off in the press.......it''s hardly any surprise he flipped. This sort of stuff is heard at every ''rec'' up and down the country at weekends......and is seen as part of the game.

I don''t condone it...but I understand it. I don''t rate him and I think he was a shocking waste of money......but how can you begin to do your best as a player when you know you are so hated by the fans?

Not everyone has the same passion for Norwich City as we fans do. For us it''s everything........for a journeyman player it''s a wage..........simple as that.

[quote user="Web Team - Celia Sutton"]

As I understand it from the reporter, the statement was on the www.ncisa.co.uk website - it is no longer there. It was titled ''Why Hughes Must Go" and was in the top section of the site in red lettering.

Celia

[/quote]

sorry celia, but in my humble opinion someone needs to look up the word ''statement'' in a dictionary.

archant in general have been guilty of some awful journalism of late, and it has been told so by certain people ( i think we both know)

now a ''statement'' is something that is issued by the chair of an organisation, if you can say that happened, then fine call it a statement - seems strange to me that the chair (having been asked by myself) knew absolutely nothing about it.

there have been people within ncisa contacted about seemingly everything recently, yet archant chose to run the story with no direct quote from any meber of the committee. it simply took something from a website, clearly labelled at the bottom as not being run by the chair, then completely ignored whole sections that involved the words ''I'' and ''for me'' and called it a group statement.

gutter press IMHO.

[quote user="Kathy"]It was an opinion written by a website contributor as are many more articles on there. That is quite different from an issued statement. The first I knew about it was when a colleague told me about it yesterday.[/quote]

I just had a look on the NCISA Website and I can''t find the article there, so has it been removed? And if so why has it? I still haven''t even read it because I don''t see the EEN.

''This site is designed, maintained and run by Antony Parke.'' Surely as the designer of the site and the one who maintains it, and he is on the committee or ''team'' it would seem that this may be a fair bet for a member of the association issuing a statement!

Otherwise anyone could submit something to the letterhead on the homepage of this association.

And If, and Kathy knows who the contributor was, is a member of the ''team'' and he issues a statement then surely that is a spokesperson for the association. People are only too happy when a ''spokesperson'' for the club issues a statement - thats taken as gospel. Surely this is seeing the world through rose tinted glasses in the case of some!

Sounds to me like very fast back-tracking by the association,; an own goal of sorts. Time the association became less in the public eye and more in the background helping to build up relationships between fans, players and club than trying to create more bad press!

[quote user="rocky marshall"]''This site is designed, maintained and run by Antony Parke.'' Surely as the designer of the site and the one who maintains it, and he is on the committee or ''team'' it would seem that this may be a fair bet for a member of the association issuing a statement! Otherwise anyone could submit something to the letterhead on the homepage of this association. And If, and Kathy knows who the contributor was, is a member of the ''team'' and he issues a statement then surely that is a spokesperson for the association. People are only too happy when a ''spokesperson'' for the club issues a statement - thats taken as gospel. Surely this is seeing the world through rose tinted glasses in the case of some! Sounds to me like very fast back-tracking by the association,; an own goal of sorts. Time the association became less in the public eye and more in the background helping to build up relationships between fans, players and club than trying to create more bad press![/quote]

See what I mean Nigel?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

The fans have done the right thing in not pursueing the matter further, I thoughly respect their stance in letting the club deal with the issue.  The last thing we want is the filth involved.  I have no doubt the pigs would cock it up and blow it out of all proportion as is usual for them. NCISA is a disgrace to be sticking its nose in this issue that is already being sorted out fairly and properly, this kind of things makes me annoyed to be a member.  I was hoping for a clean break after the club have finally belatedly sacked Worthington - and that includes giving Andy Hughes some slack.

[/quote]

Bit harsh calling them pigs and filth, its a bloody hard job, thank you. The police only investigate it, there is not much the police can do apart from gather as much information as possible and then its passed on to the CPS. If you ever have to police a football match you will realise what a nigtmare and how hard you have to be to get control otherwise you lose the situation.

And I''m pretty certain that you would be the first to phone the police cying saying your house has been burgled.

Have a bit of respect, even if you may have had a bad experiance with the police.

Thank you. End of rant...

it would be better if the NSCA did something useful withtere time like trying to help us with some more protests this time versus the board that have no ambition. we should organise a protest for the next game if we have not got a decent manager yet which we wont cos they will try to save money

In a statement issued today,  Rocky Marshall hit out at a fans group for being too independent to be effective. According to Marshall, fans groups should be all about building relationships with the club and the players.- A nice cozy little set up.

Sorry, Rocky i have to disagree with you.

Whilst we are on the subject can i just add that to compare any group that is run by ''volunteers'' to a multi million pound football club with dedicated press officers is not particulary clever. If a member of the ticket office said something, thats someone who is part of the team, would that then be an official statement from the club? would it heck.

within the pages of the pinkun are many contributors, some are independent, some represent other organisations.

when for example a journalist, say ballsy or cuffley, writes something, is that an offical statement from Archant? Is it heck.

when someone writes something for nortern or capital, or ncisa is that an official statement? Is it heck

Of course, you''ve also moved a little way away from the actual subject - the aggressive act by a player to a fan, but hey what does that matter?

ok, back to the subject!

did the player instigate the ''attack'' or was he provoked!

No fan action = no player reaction! Seems quite a system employed by the fans at CR these days. Turn up and be entertained without giving any degree of support to the act that is entertaining!

If all the fans are going to do is jeer at things and moan perhaps they should just stay at home and let SUPPORTERS SUPPORT!

And back 2 my original point: if someone is given a forum to express their views and they are representing an organisation, then in that forum their views must be taken as being representative of that organisation. The NCISA website is such a forum. Where someone steps out of line, the organisation must make a stance and condemn this statement and distance themseves from it!

NCISA have not done this. By not denying it they have endorsed it and added to it!

[quote user="rocky marshall"]ok, back to the subject! did the player instigate the ''attack'' or was he provoked! No fan action = no player reaction! Seems quite a system employed by the fans at CR these days. Turn up and be entertained without giving any degree of support to the act that is entertaining! If all the fans are going to do is jeer at things and moan perhaps they should just stay at home and let SUPPORTERS SUPPORT! And back 2 my original point: if someone is given a forum to express their views and they are representing an organisation, then in that forum their views must be taken as being representative of that organisation. The NCISA website is such a forum. Where someone steps out of line, the organisation must make a stance and condemn this statement and distance themseves from it! NCISA have not done this. By not denying it they have endorsed it and added to it![/quote]

You don''t moan then Rockster?  [8-|]

the is a time and a place to moan and perhaps getting in the faces of players coaches and managers at the end of a match is perhaps not the right time! However agrieved someone might be! To expect them not to react in the face of either a torrent of abuse or a more damning and highly personal one-liner is, I believe asking a bit much.

I may moan when time and having had due recollection of all events and if its warrented. I always believe in blancing the equation rather than going for either blind faith, predjudice or bias. Their is more to be said for trying to be optomisitc than being wholeheartedly pessimistic. A certain amount of objectiveness needs to be interjected into all of this too.

Only then can we make rational decisions and thereafter set our ''agenda'' should we wish to. I believe that some people come into matches already beset on moaning abusing and criticising. Perhaps designating different parts of the ground into optomistic etc would help all concerned. Or perhaps a traffic light system for all fans to know when to a) cheer b)jeer or c) stay silent should be employed.

I would summise that b) & c) have been employed my many fans for far too long!

[quote user="rocky marshall"]ok, back to the subject! did the player instigate the ''attack'' or was he provoked! No fan action = no player reaction! Seems quite a system employed by the fans at CR these days. Turn up and be entertained without giving any degree of support to the act that is entertaining! If all the fans are going to do is jeer at things and moan perhaps they should just stay at home and let SUPPORTERS SUPPORT! And back 2 my original point: if someone is given a forum to express their views and they are representing an organisation, then in that forum their views must be taken as being representative of that organisation. The NCISA website is such a forum. Where someone steps out of line, the organisation must make a stance and condemn this statement and distance themseves from it! NCISA have not done this. By not denying it they have endorsed it and added to it![/quote]

I think Adam Drury has got a nice arse.

The NCISA chairman, treasurer and website coordinator (I think) would like to distance themselves from this remark.

Don''t  fancy him myself Kathy.  Seems to me Rocky Road is getting into the ''if you don''t support us you are against us ''mode - just a little bit too right wing for me.  I believe that supporters have an absolute right to express their view of the dross that was on the field last Sunday and if the player doesn''t like it, too bad, thats what he gets paid thousands per week for.  Maybe we should just doff our caps when they go past.

[quote user="Kathy"]

The NCISA chairman, treasurer and website coordinator (I think) would like to distance themselves from this remark.

[/quote]

Point proven!![:D][:D]

Kathy wrote: "The NCISA chairman, treasurer and website coordinator (I think) would like to distance themselves from this remark"

Kathy, just to be clear, are you saying that ONLY the website coordinator would like like to be distanced from your remarks, while the chairman and the treasurer share your sentiments?  

Folks

I hadnt been aware of this ''discussion'' until i was informed by Kathy so thought i would log in and personally take the flak.

The comment regarding Andy Hughes was written by myself on Sunday afternoon, about 10 minutes or so after the press conference. My individual opinion was quite a few hundred words and based upon the role that footballers have, their priviledges lifestyles, and how, in todays game with so much money floating about any financial penalty is hardly one at all.

Having then read the EEN to see a quote from the site didnt make me best pleased, especially at a time when NCISA represenatives have been woken up at daft o''clock for quotes about so many things recently. Had the journalist bothered to have asked a single question surrounding the remarks he would have established that it was not a ncisa statement, but a personal opinion.

The sole reason why it was ''pulled'' was because within the same article from the EEN contained a story about how the fan wanted to forget about the issue having accepted that the club were dealing with the matter. Had that not been the case then i would have re-iterated what i thought everyone had already assumed by the use of language that made the story personal to myself (i.e the use of I, not we etc) and that was my opinion.

Throughout the ncisa site are pieces that are written, and also duplicated on this very site, regarding our weekly column in the pink un. They are personal opinions, and it offers people an insight into how, as individuals we see things. Now, IMHO, they are no more of a group statement than what i wrote. Further to that whenever a ncisa press statement is realeased there is much discussion about the wording of such, and then the media are emailed en mass with the statement and the name responsible for those comments is always the chair. A copy of that is then written on the front page of the site, again with the chairmans name with said comments.Whilst i do not expect individuals on this board to know of that procedure, or at least in it''s full extent, i do expect journalists to be aware of that.

I seem to get the impression, again personally, that there is a bit of a battle going on between the media and the club,and certain factions of the media seem quite happy to pressure the club in any way possible. Now, again in my opinion, i gave the press indirectly the ammunition that they needed in this instance - but the ''unwritten rules'' were pushed out of the way to the furthest extent possible in order to get a ''story'' and allow this whole thing to happen in the first place.

From a personal point of view i have to hold my hands up and as i''ve already say take the flak. But this whole situation had nothing to do with any other member within the committee and was most certainly not a ncisa press statement. Certain individuals have said that ncisa are distancing themselves from this and that it is not fair - i was responsible and i''m not distancing myself from it. As for the other committee members, and ncisa in general, you guys really shouldnt hammer them for my remarks.

Antony.

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"][quote user="Kathy"]

[/quote]

Point proven!![:D][:D]

[/quote]

I don''t think any point is proven here. Like I said on theDoug Livermore thread, what Kathy posts on here as Kathy Blake with the cool Blakes Seven avatar is very different to something either posted on the NCISA website or a quote in the press attributed to Secretary of NCISA.

Hi Antony

I hope I wasn''t giving Kathy flak, I didn''t mean to. I still haven''t been able to read the article so I can''t comment on it. The original poster on this thread was obviously under the impression that it was a NCISA statement and now we know that not to be the case.

I can undestand why he was hacked off about it though. Ther has been an awful lot of criticism towards the club from the NCISA so far this season. When results were going well I remember the clubs travel arrangements being questioned in the local press. When it was felt that Martin Hunter had helped turn things around the club were accused of demoting Steve Foley last season. But when the current poor run of form started all this was forgotten as Worthy Out came back to the fore. I think it was hoped that the sacking of the manager would unite the fans once more and the poster was probably hacked off that through this article it appeared the criticism was going to move on to a player.

[quote user="Antony Parke"]

Folks

I hadnt been aware of this ''discussion'' until i was informed by Kathy so thought i would log in and personally take the flak.

The comment regarding Andy Hughes was written by myself on Sunday afternoon, about 10 minutes or so after the press conference. My individual opinion was quite a few hundred words and based upon the role that footballers have, their priviledges lifestyles, and how, in todays game with so much money floating about any financial penalty is hardly one at all.

Having then read the EEN to see a quote from the site didnt make me best pleased, especially at a time when NCISA represenatives have been woken up at daft o''clock for quotes about so many things recently. Had the journalist bothered to have asked a single question surrounding the remarks he would have established that it was not a ncisa statement, but a personal opinion.

The sole reason why it was ''pulled'' was because within the same article from the EEN contained a story about how the fan wanted to forget about the issue having accepted that the club were dealing with the matter. Had that not been the case then i would have re-iterated what i thought everyone had already assumed by the use of language that made the story personal to myself (i.e the use of I, not we etc) and that was my opinion.

Throughout the ncisa site are pieces that are written, and also duplicated on this very site, regarding our weekly column in the pink un. They are personal opinions, and it offers people an insight into how, as individuals we see things. Now, IMHO, they are no more of a group statement than what i wrote. Further to that whenever a ncisa press statement is realeased there is much discussion about the wording of such, and then the media are emailed en mass with the statement and the name responsible for those comments is always the chair. A copy of that is then written on the front page of the site, again with the chairmans name with said comments.Whilst i do not expect individuals on this board to know of that procedure, or at least in it''s full extent, i do expect journalists to be aware of that.

I seem to get the impression, again personally, that there is a bit of a battle going on between the media and the club,and certain factions of the media seem quite happy to pressure the club in any way possible. Now, again in my opinion, i gave the press indirectly the ammunition that they needed in this instance - but the ''unwritten rules'' were pushed out of the way to the furthest extent possible in order to get a ''story'' and allow this whole thing to happen in the first place.

From a personal point of view i have to hold my hands up and as i''ve already say take the flak. But this whole situation had nothing to do with any other member within the committee and was most certainly not a ncisa press statement. Certain individuals have said that ncisa are distancing themselves from this and that it is not fair - i was responsible and i''m not distancing myself from it. As for the other committee members, and ncisa in general, you guys really shouldnt hammer them for my remarks.

Antony.

[/quote]

Well done and thank you for coming on here and taking the trouble to explain to everyone about what is quite frankly, a storm in a teacup. The ironic thing is I wouldnt mind betting that some of those who have been making such a fuss about this, agree with every word you''ve said anyway. Perhaps we can forget this now and concentrate on the very important issue of the futue of our club at what is a crucial time in its history.

I think people should know the truth about this. Anthony Parke, who came on the message board towards the end of this post to say he hadn''t been aware of the discussion, is not being honest. He is also "Rossi" - a regular poster on these boards - and he was involved earlier on in this discussion, spouting off about gutter press. It is surely against the spirit of this board to have the same person logging in as two people in the same post backing "each other" up. It''s even worse when that person is economical with the truth in that post.

[quote user="Truthseeker"]I think people should know the truth about this. Anthony Parke, who came on the message board towards the end of this post to say he hadn''t been aware of the discussion, is not being honest. He is also "Rossi" - a regular poster on these boards - and he was involved earlier on in this discussion, spouting off about gutter press. It is surely against the spirit of this board to have the same person logging in as two people in the same post backing "each other" up. It''s even worse when that person is economical with the truth in that post.[/quote]

And who did you used to be, Truthseeker?  I notice this is your first post . . . NOT.

As it happens I used to know Anthony fairly well, and I have no reason to doubt what you say.  But how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you conceal your own identity?  For all we know, you could have been involved in the earlier discussion too under a different name.  

Fair point, Mystic Megson and I''m happy to answer you. My name is Simon Neary, and it was my first post under this web name or any web name on this website - let alone in this post. I am not a diehard Norwich fan, although I have a little bit of an interest at what goes on at Carrow Road, which is why I''ve never posted here before. I decided to submit my post because someone told me about this issue (and I believe them), and I thought people should know. I have no ulterior motive. I just thought abuse of the message board should be highlighted.

[quote user="winchmorehill canary"]

Bit harsh calling them pigs and filth, its a bloody hard job, thank you. The police only investigate it, there is not much the police can do apart from gather as much information as possible and then its passed on to the CPS. If you ever have to police a football match you will realise what a nigtmare and how hard you have to be to get control otherwise you lose the situation.

And I''m pretty certain that you would be the first to phone the police cying saying your house has been burgled.

Have a bit of respect, even if you may have had a bad experiance with the police.

Thank you. End of rant...

[/quote]

I got robbed at a cashpoint a few years back, I couldn''t be bothered to call the filfth.  I live opposite a police station and my housemate''s Car''s tyres were slashed just this Friday Night.  Fortunatly when reported they asked does any other building overlook where the incident happened....

Anyway my main football related greivance comes from the Stoke QPR match.  A fan entered the pitch and attacked QPR keeper Simon Royce.  The stewards came on after a ridiculously long tiome to break things up - where were the pigs? what is the point of having them at the game if they don''t go to protect a player being attacked by a fan.  ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY PATHETIC. And the clubs have to pay through the nose for these idiots to be here!!

Unfortunatly I have found the police arrogant and offensive on other occasions, in fact last time they were so bad I resorted to bringing up failures of the police such as Huntly...  that soon put this arrogant ass in his place.    I realise we need the police, but its a shame that often it takes a certain type of person to join.

Call me naive......but why all of these multiple user names?

Say what you think under the one name and take the flack that comes along like a man......What the hell is going to happen to you on  here if you ''get it wrong'' or speak out of turn?  If we can''t be straight on here.....how the hell can we poke fingers at others....including Worthington and the Board?.