Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Prudence with zero ambition!

.... and Norwich are 6 points off the top 6. Which, incidentally, includes PNE & Luton, both of which lost to NCFC - only because they''re rubbish teams, mind, nothing to do with any merit in the team you allegedly support.

[quote user="andrew young"].... and Norwich are 6 points off the top 6. Which, incidentally, includes PNE & Luton, both of which lost to NCFC - only because they''re rubbish teams, mind, nothing to do with any merit in the team you allegedly support.[/quote]

Andrew, I take your point!.

Anyway, as I''m somewhat calmer now, of course I''ll give Peter, time to settle in,  he''s still hindered by the dross that Worthy signed.

But only till January mind.

I have a ''spooky'' feeling about Granty.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Anyway, as I''m somewhat calmer now, of course I''ll give Peter, time to settle in,  he''s still hindered by the dross that Worthy signed.

[/quote]

I''m glad that you are calmer now. Hopefully you will recognise that there are a lot of good players as well as dross!

5 bloody nil!.

This is the reason I started this thread. Anyone who still plays ''ball watcher'' Fleming in the team, and destroys the No.1 goalkeepers confidence, has to be suspect.

We needed a Tilson, Newell or Burley, and we get someone who''s never managed before.

Slagging players off in public is not clever Grant, this is your fault Delia.

You''ve messed up........... again.

[quote user="andrew young"].... and Norwich are 6 points off the top 6. Which, incidentally, includes PNE & Luton, both of which lost to NCFC - only because they''re rubbish teams, mind, nothing to do with any merit in the team you allegedly support.[/quote]

Andrew, I take your point!.

But only till January mind.

I have a ''spooky'' feeling about Granty.

[/quote]

January already is it Wiz?

5 bloody nil!.

This is the reason I started this thread. Anyone who still plays ''ball watcher'' Fleming in the team, and destroys the No.1 goalkeepers confidence, has to be suspect.

We needed a Tilson, Newell or Burley, and we get someone who''s never managed before.

Slagging players off in public is not clever Grant, this is your fault Delia.

You''ve messed up........... again.

[/quote]

Throw stones at Wiz all you like.......but I tell you, he sees the bigger picture and it wouldn''t hurt to listen........

hey 1st wizard, didnt mike newells team get beat 5-0 today too? so why do you say hes a winner then? hes won nothing!!!

[quote user="baldyboy"]hey 1st wizard, didnt mike newells team get beat 5-0 today too? so why do you say hes a winner then? hes won nothing!!![/quote]

Probably a reaction to the player having a stroke in the team coach.............

[quote user="cluck"]

Throw stones at Wiz all you like.......but I tell you, he sees the bigger picture and it wouldn''t hurt to listen........

[/quote]

Jeez.  So, just to get this straight: seeing "the bigger picture" invoves slagging someone off before they are given a chance - even one game - followed by backtracking within one week saying you''ll give them until January, and then slating them again the very next game, does it?  To me that is a pretty decent definition of someone who can barely see the smaller picture rather than the bigger one!! 

I think the "bigger picture" is that PG has only been a football manager for two weeks and is learning on the job.

Whether the board were right or wrong to appoint a rookie manager is a whole different question but the point is he''s here now, on a long-ish (though not a rolling) contract so we''d better get used to him for a while because if one things for sure, the Board will stick by him for some time yet.

If the Board don''t give him any money to spend then he''s going to have to wheel and deal come January, getting rid of some to bring others in. In the meantime he is no doubt scouring the Prem reserves for possible loan signings.

One thing''s for sure, we can argue about it all we like but only time will tell how good or band a manager he will prove to be and his transfer dealings will help to decide that.

That''s a little harsh Pickle. Wizard does see the big picture. Unfortunately, he doesn''t know whether he''s in the Louvre or the local church jumble sale when viewing, which is why we see so many changing opinions from him.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]That''s a little harsh Pickle. Wizard does see the big picture. Unfortunately, he doesn''t know whether he''s in the Louvre or the local church jumble sale when viewing, which is why we see so many changing opinions from him.[/quote]

Thats rich coming from Mr Contradiction.

Nobody could do a good job managing our squad , we have two class players and the rest would not get into any half decent side in this division . For Norwich to be fielding a side with Fleming , Thorne and Dublin in it is nothing short of a disgrace.

Jeez, I was wondering when the outers would make an appearance, but even I thought it would take a little longer than this. What were you expecting, or just want an excuse to have a whine, which is more the case. It has made me wonder over the years, what joy do some people get by supporting the Yellas, when they are only able to write things and raise themselves when things go wrong? If it really riles you that bad, why not take up DIY or fishing on a Saturday?

But, why not just give the guy a chance, he has said the right things, and maybe, just maybe given time, may just be what we have been looking forward. I at least will look forard to his weekly post match comments as they promise to at least be interesting, not the tired of rehases that Wortless used to spout.

"mystic megson" wrote

Prudence Wiz?  Offering a completely untried manager a 3 1/2 year contract?  I don''t think so . . .

Isn''t such a contract to such a new manager an INCREDIBLE leap of faith bordering on reckless or were we just desperate.

This is aimed at everyone of my critics, apart from the wise Cluck that is:

When a manager slags off his own players in the media, then I will have a problem with that manager. I would suggest the players will too.

Until one of my critics can counter my arguement with REASONED debate, I shall hold to that view.

Hopefully, Peter Grant won''t be here too long!.

so jose, ferguson, rafa and wenger never got their tactics wrong, never made a mistake. lets give grant the chance to show us something before jumping all over him, the weekend was a disater but this is just a pathetic post from a pathetic poster. seriously wiz are you ever going to be happy unless we win every game and the board appoints you as manager.

Going to be really unpopular with my first post.....

Got to say I''m not getting a good vibe with Peter Grant, am not really happy with some of the things he''s saying to the press etc...his public man-management leaves a little to be desired. Some things should only be said behind closed doors, on the training ground or in the managers office.

Is it just me or does he appear to like the sound of his own voice?.

P.s, I''m not Nigel Worthington.

When a manager slags off his own players in the media, then I will have a problem with that manager. I would suggest the players will too.

Until one of my critics can counter my arguement with REASONED debate, I shall hold to that view.

[/quote]Grant has inherited a squad that isnt up for a fight, almost half a sleep if you will, he needs results quickly if he is to reach his goals this season (personally i think it isnt possible this season).  He also needs to stop the players from hiding behind the manager when they put in poor performances, this only way to do this is for them to take responsibility and be singled out.  He has been just as quick to praise as he has to criticise so I do not see how he is ''slagging'' off his players, his points have been honest and spot on.  If nothing was said how are they to take responsibility, because they certainly arent doing that themselves?

Peter Grant may well like the sound of his own voice, but for far too long Norwich players have had it easy. Too easy. Time after time some players would of put in a woeful performances for the Worthless one and always get praised for their ''hard work and ethic'', which was patronising in the extreme.

Grant obviously will not put up with shoddy performances from players and if they don''t achieve what they are told to do, he will hang them out to dry for the public.

Whether this will work is unclear. I not a big fan of rucking your players in public, but I could not tolerate Worthingtons approach of praising diabolical performances from players, without a hint of irony.

What we have to remember that this season is a right off. No question about that. Grant has hardly inherited shining jewellery - he has to have the time to put his stamp on the squad, bringing some players in and clearly moving on players that are clearly not up to it. And there are quite a few of those.

I look forward to tomorrow night with interest. Colchester aren''t that bad a side atall and will stay in this League for sure, so it will be no walkover. But if Grant can''t overachieve with the mediorce squad he has available to him at present, don''t expect too much because you are not going to get it.

[quote user="komakino"]Peter Grant may well like the sound of his own voice, but for far too long Norwich players have had it easy. Too easy. Time after time some players would of put in a woeful performances for the Worthless one and always get praised for their ''hard work and ethic'', which was patronising in the extreme.

Grant obviously will not put up with shoddy performances from players and if they don''t achieve what they are told to do, he will hang them out to dry for the public.

Whether this will work is unclear. I not a big fan of rucking your players in public, but I could not tolerate Worthingtons approach of praising diabolical performances from players, without a hint of irony.

What we have to remember that this season is a right off. No question about that. Grant has hardly inherited shining jewellery - he has to have the time to put his stamp on the squad, bringing some players in and clearly moving on players that are clearly not up to it. And there are quite a few of those.

I look forward to tomorrow night with interest. Colchester aren''t that bad a side atall and will stay in this League for sure, so it will be no walkover. But if Grant can''t overachieve with the mediorce squad he has available to him at present, don''t expect too much because you are not going to get it.[/quote]

Agreed, Worthington was too soft.

komakino and Kidcanary''s words resonate with me.

Grant has a different approach- it looks tougher and I don''t believe he has actually singled out any one player- unlike Worthy who in his most famous rant blamed Huckerby for passing the ball around at 2-0 up.

Grant has inherited an underachieving, low on confident, thin on depth squad in a dire state and has already achieved more than Worthy by winning at Brum and at home to the (near) runaway legaue leaders. He needs time to work out what to do with what he has got and what he has got is getting thinner by the day.

None of this is his fault. So far he has won 2 and lost one in the league- that''s not a bad start from the state that Worthy left us in.Remember we lost 4-1 to Burnley and that was with our best two players let alone without them.

We all know this is going to be a tough job. We all knew that our confidence in Worthy in turning it around had gone. So one bad defeat is no excuse for the kind of reactionary and hysterical rivel being written in some places.

Smell the coffee folks- the squad is shot to pieces right now and one new man cannot undo 18 months of neglect with no transfer window. What are you expecting- flocks of pigs to start flying over the Cathedral spire?

Like several posters on this message board I was underwhelmed and far from excited when I heard the announcement that Peter Grant was to be our new manager. If it wasn''t for the fact that he played for City for a couple of seasons in the late 1990''s, it would have been very much a case of Peter Who? But the board in their infinite wisdom appointed him, and in an act of sheer folly (didn''t they learn anything from the Worthington saga?) gave him a 3 and a half year contract. Therefore I guess we''re pretty much stuck with him for the forseeable future. So the best thing to do would be to have patience and give him our full support, and just hope and pray that the board haven''t got this major decision badly wrong. I have grave doubts though.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

komakino and Kidcanary''s words resonate with me.

Grant has a different approach- it looks tougher and I don''t believe he has actually singled out any one player- unlike Worthy who in his most famous rant blamed Huckerby for passing the ball around at 2-0 up.

Grant has inherited an underachieving, low on confident, thin on depth squad in a dire state and has already achieved more than Worthy by winning at Brum and at home to the (near) runaway legaue leaders. He needs time to work out what to do with what he has got and what he has got is getting thinner by the day.

None of this is his fault. So far he has won 2 and lost one in the league- that''s not a bad start from the state that Worthy left us in.Remember we lost 4-1 to Burnley and that was with our best two players let alone without them.

We all know this is going to be a tough job. We all knew that our confidence in Worthy in turning it around had gone. So one bad defeat is no excuse for the kind of reactionary and hysterical rivel being written in some places.

Smell the coffee folks- the squad is shot to pieces right now and one new man cannot undo 18 months of neglect with no transfer window. What are you expecting- flocks of pigs to start flying over the Cathedral spire?

[/quote]

After the plain daft formation picked at the weekend it is no surprise us fans are unhappy with Grants comments blaming the when it is obvious to all and sundry that it was the formation and players badly out of position that was the basis of the problem.  When most city fans are probably extremely disappointed with the starting line-up you know there is going to be a problem.

However Granty hasn''t been here long and hopefully learns from this.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Grant............  has already achieved more than Worthy by winning at Brum and at home to the (near) runaway legaue leaders. [/quote]

It happened so quickly I missed PG getting us promoted!

Thanks ALOS- I meant to say "this season"! PG getting us promoted [and to Cardiff] in three league games would have been as impressive as that flock of pigs.

I too was underwhelmed by his appointment but whoever had been appointed would have still faced the same problems.

[/quote]

It''s a fair point, although I think we''ve got used to the previous manager suggesting everything was alright with the performance we''d just witnessed, when clearly it wasn''t.

Personally, for what it''s worth, I honestly don''t believe the players should be above critisum from the manager, but, maybe on this occassion, it was the way PG said it that was wrong?