Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Prudence with zero ambition!

Peetr Grant, Peter bloody Grant!, so much for high profile candidates Doomcaster. Delia claimed on SPN that the board wanted a winner. Grant hasn''t even managed a team before, for Gods sake.

We desperately needed a proven winner (Tilson Newell etc) and what do we get? Peter Grant!.

I damn gutted tonight, the club has demostrated it has zero ambition.

We must hound Smith out!.

Yawn. Well, Wiz, you can start the GO campaign. I see that grantout.co.uk hasn''t been registered yet.

Frankly, if Sunderland can appoint Keane, Midds Southgate, Ipswich Magilton etc., and it works, then why not us with Grant? Surely he ticks alot of the boxes: he knows what it takes to get promoted, can motivate and inspire others, knows something about Norwich as a club... he may even know some good players we can get when the revolution starts down there. Apparently they have quite a good keeper and striker who are English, so won''t get many chances....

It''s good to know that the fans will now unite and the cliub can move forward without the constant sniping of some fans. Well, it would have been.

Sorry Wiz, but I am pretty happy with this appointment.  Only thing not making me sing from the rooftops is if he has to keep the coaching staff.  Not that I would particuarly object to Martin Hunter staying, but we do have to wave goodbye to Livermore and Webb.

West Ham play good attacking football and he''s been part of that.  They have produced good players, part of that too.  He''s been with Pardew at W Ham and also Reading. 

So, not a manager at all yet, but we all start somewhere.  I just hope he''s given  a fair chance. Yes we must do well this year to retain our better players, but the slide has hopefully been stopped.

Good to see a Norwich connnection, someone who''s young and hungry and wants good football. Also, he was a great leader on the pitch and passionate. 

Good luck Peter. 

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Peetr Grant, Peter bloody Grant!, so much for high profile candidates Doomcaster. Delia claimed on SPN that the board wanted a winner. Grant hasn''t even managed a team before, for Gods sake.

We desperately needed a proven winner (Tilson Newell etc) and what do we get? Peter Grant!.

[/quote]

i told you i told you

now beleve me i sed he would be rubbish

BOGO, BOGO - board out grant out

Admit it Wiz, you''ve had this statement ready to roll for 12 days, the only thing that was going to change was the name of the manager coming in, and the names of the "more ambitious managers", neither of yours have coached Premiership standard players, incidentally.

[/quote]

Cmon Wiz give him a chance, hes young, ambitious and passionate and at least we didnt take the easy route with Hunter.

I''m pleased.

Out of interest Wiz, who was your no1 choice out of the applicants who''d applied?

[quote user="cityangel"]Out of interest Wiz, who was your no1 choice out of the applicants who''d applied?[/quote]

Anyone out of our reach, giving you an excuse to rail against the board of directors, by any chance Wiz ? [;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote user="cityangel"]Out of interest Wiz, who was your no1 choice out of the applicants who''d applied?[/quote]

Anyone out of our reach, giving you an excuse to rail against the board of directors, by any chance Wiz ? [;)]

[/quote]

Exactly Blah - remember the confident predictions of Curbishly''s appointment?

Mr Wiz,

Firstly, may I ask who you actually would like to see appointed? No garbled nonsense please, just one name...

Secondly, why such a hunch with Grant? You mention you want a ''winner'' appointed but what actually constitutes a ''winner''?

I agree that Tilson would have been a decent appointment, someone who knows the lower leagues and has had success on a shoe-string budget. Newell again has done well in his 3 year career as a manager at Luton, achieving more than his past employees, but what ''winning'' has he actually achieved?

My advice to you would be to give Grant an opportunity, don''t expect miracles but at least give him an oppotunity to make his mark. Grant has had a good football education in terms of the clubs he has played/worked for, let''s hope most of which translates to the fortunes of NCFC. The term ''winner'' I believe wouldn''t be wide of the mark when referring to Grant as a footballer (league titles with Celtic, etc in addition to the way he plays the game - if you ever did watch him play for us [^o)]).

Let''s give the bloke an opportunity shall we? (as opposed to thinking up which people we can ''stir up'' with ridiculous and antagonising posts which keep you entertained most evenings).

Stop talking out of your rear and at least make some constructive comments when things don''t go all your way.

Call yourself a wizard... hocus pocus my A***!

I think we should wait and see how this one pans out. It may just be a very bold imaginative move. the cheap option is the appoint from within option. Ensuring continuity. continuing on our path of the last 2 1/4 years would see us relegated, so continuity was never a sensible option. hunter may yet have a place within the coaching structure - he was never manager material. We will quickly see which players want to play for Norwich City and which ones don''t. the ones that don''t.. kindly **** off......  theres work to be done. Hopefully Grant will crush the ''Costa Del Norwich'' comfort zone, going through the motions ethos that pervades in the corridors of colney.  The real test of ambition, is how much cash Grant is allowed to repair the virtual rape of the squad which has taken place over the last few months. Over to you Delia.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

Yawn. Well, Wiz, you can start the GO campaign. I see that grantout.co.uk hasn''t been registered yet.

Frankly, if Sunderland can appoint Keane, Midds Southgate, Ipswich Magilton etc., and it works, then why not us with Grant? Surely he ticks alot of the boxes: he knows what it takes to get promoted, can motivate and inspire others, knows something about Norwich as a club... he may even know some good players we can get when the revolution starts down there. Apparently they have quite a good keeper and striker who are English, so won''t get many chances....

It''s good to know that the fans will now unite and the cliub can move forward without the constant sniping of some fans. Well, it would have been.

[/quote]

Maybe www.delia-out.co.uk would be a better idea???

So many answers reguired, so here goes:

1.  I have watched and cheered Peter many times when he played for us, and I found him to be totally committed to the City cause, but that was as a player...............

2.  Have you noticed how West Ham can''t win a game lately?.

3.  Delia, when asked on TV, said the successful candidate would have to be a PROVEN winner............here I could rest my case!.

4.  We deserved a PROVEN manager ie. Tilson. But of course being ''little old Norwich'' we take no as the final answer. Hull were knocked backed 3 times by Colchester, before they got their hands on Parkinson.

5.  Left unchecked, Delia will help get us relegated this season with her absurb appointment of Grant, remember?she sacked Walker, appointed Rioch and Hamilton, sacked them when they failed and appointed Worthy etc etc.

6.  Once again,  City have gone for the cheap option, and Smith has done this time and time again!..

She is not fit, in my opinion, to be a majority shareholder, and in all honesty, I would much prefer Mr Chase in charge any day.

Having said all the above, and because of his City past, I will wish Peter all the best. Still, she knew damn well, most City supporters would say this, because we''re born mugs aren''t we?.

1.  I have watched and cheered Peter many times when he played for us, and I found him to be totally committed to the City cause, but that was as a player...............

3.  Delia, when asked on TV, said the successful candidate would have to be a PROVEN winner............here I could rest my case!.

4.  We deserved a PROVEN manager ie. Tilson. But of course being ''little old Norwich'' we take no as the final answer. Hull were knocked backed 3 times by Colchester, before they got their hands on Parkinson.

5.  Left unchecked, Delia will help get us relegated this season with her absurb appointment of Grant, remember?she sacked Walker, appointed Rioch and Hamilton, sacked them when they failed and appointed Worthy etc etc.

6.  Once again,  City have gone for the cheap option, and Smith has done this time and time again!..

She is not fit, in my opinion, to be a majority shareholder, and in all honesty, I would much prefer Mr Chase in charge any day.

Having said all the above, and because of his City past, I will wish Peter all the best. Still, she knew damn well, most City supporters would say this, because we''re born mugs aren''t we?.

[/quote]

Face it 1st Wiz, if Tilson really wanted the job, he would have "thrown his toys out of the pram" when Southend made their announcement. He didn''t, so that was him out of the running. Parkinson actually wanted to go to Hull and that''s why they got their man eventually  

For me Wiz has just about hit the nail on the head.

Norwich fans are by nature very loyal......but how far can we be stretched? This debacle is just too far for me and Delia WILL get us relegated if left to it.

When that happens....the blind will start panicking. By then it will be too late.

Delia and Co must go.

Ok, I guess it is fair to say that not many people would have had Grant as their choice, but to be perfectly honest I couldn''t care less who is the manager as long as they get us to play the sort of football we want as supporters, and are (hopefully) successful.  Time will only tell on either of those, so it is only fair to give him a chance.  Certainly having watched West Ham several times in the last few years, you cannot help but be impressed at the way they play decent, open football: Grant must have had something to do with that being Coach/No2 to Pardew (and only a fool would not think that they have been a success over the last few seasons while he was there).

The fact is that the fans favourite (Curbishley) quite reasonably doesn''t seem to want to manage in the Championship, but the main popular alternatives of Bowen/Crook are not really any more proven than Grant.  I think we will be pleasantly surprised: there are lots of cases where a young manager has been a success under similar circumstances (eg Boothroyd) and it is often those with experience who have come with a lot of baggage and fail.

[/quote]

Fully agree with you Wiz, whilst I will wish him well and give him time (mug) this is a totally uninspiring appointment.

Our board isn''t any good as any City fan will know. If Grant turns out to be a success, it will be down to more luck than judgement. At least it wasn''t Hunter, which I feared might happen. Grant is a cheap-ish option - I can''t see West Ham asking anything daft for him. I would like to know who these ''high calibre'' applications that Doomcaster banged on about were? Would Grant be considered in this vain?? That said, the club said it was a plum job. Let''s take a reality check here - it isn''t. This is Norwich City, who are in the lower reaches of The Championship, with a heavy debt, with little to spend, with a good, thin, if indifferent side, plus in a difficult location to attract players. The only thing ''plum'' about it is the sauce that Delia pours over one of her crispy ducks. Believe me, the problems with Delia will go on and on and on. Unless Delia and Michael divorce, they can be no democracy at Carrow Road, therefore a lack of quality decision making will continue ad infinitum. Peter Grant - Let''s hope it works, because if it doesn''t...

i agree with the wizard here. im sorry i just cant see where we are coming from by appointing peter.Obviously i wish him success but he is not the big name we all expected.I also see it as a lack of ambition on the clubs behalf.is he going to be given transfer money in january??.it worries me he has no managerial experience,and dont see him being the motivational catalyst we need.and before you all start,i want whats best for this club and dont just moan for the sake of it,but surely he hasnt been appointed because he came accross well at the interview!!!.Sorry but a mid table championship side is what we are and im afraid thats what we are staying with this set up.

1.  I have watched and cheered Peter many times when he played for us, and I found him to be totally committed to the City cause, but that was as a player............... I am sure he will be commited enough and will do his best, I am willing to give him a chance

2.  Have you noticed how West Ham can''t win a game lately?.  So what??

3.  Delia, when asked on TV, said the successful candidate would have to be a PROVEN winner............here I could rest my case!. Proven winners are in short supply.  We were going to get a lower league success or experienced man with an average record. 

4.  We deserved a PROVEN manager ie. Tilson. But of course being ''little old Norwich'' we take no as the final answer. Hull were knocked backed 3 times by Colchester, before they got their hands on Parkinson.  I agree totally here, if they wanted Tilson they should have forced the issue...

5.  Left unchecked, Delia will help get us relegated this season with her absurb appointment of Grant, remember?she sacked Walker, appointed Rioch and Hamilton, sacked them when they failed and appointed Worthy etc etc.   the threat of relegation is very real, we are dropping like a stone at the minute and have a tough few weeks coming up

6.  Once again,  City have gone for the cheap option, and Smith has done this time and time again!.. as worthy failed to fall on his sword even though he new he was failing and could take the club no further, money is in short supply.  Blame the pillock we have just sacked for his part in this

We have no choice we have to support Peter wholeheartedly. He would be far from my first choice but he is the manager, a new manager and he deserves a fair crack of the whip. The board is the real problem at the club.  Delia''s green and yellow army. I don''t think so. Good luck Peter Grant - You''ll need it.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]We have no choice we have to support Peter wholeheartedly. He would be far from my first choice but he is the manager, a new manager and he deserves a fair crack of the whip. The board is the real problem at the club. Delia''s green and yellow army. I don''t think so. Good luck Peter Grant - You''ll need it.[/quote]

You might not like me supporting you...but there is alot of truth here. You can''t blame Grant from giving it a go.......but you can blame the Board for another pack of nonsense.

Sit by and watch the club fall by all means, but don''t then start crying when it is all too late.

[/quote]

I bet Hull are glad they pushed the boat out to get their man, eh Wiz?

24th position and sinking without trace.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I bet Hull are glad they pushed the boat out to get their man, eh Wiz?

24th position and sinking without trace.

[/quote]

Yes, I remember him being touted by WO as a potential saviour last year!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

The Mookster wrote: "24th position and sinking without trace."

They are only 4 points below us buddy!!  lol

[/quote]

You are clearly much amused and please by this. Well why wouldn''t you be - if we got relegated the mighty cjf would be shown to be right, which is the main thing for you isn''t it?