Sign in to follow this  
Disco

If Worthington Leaves...

After 2 years of under achievement, it''s now finally looking likely that Worthington will get the boot or walk - either way I don''t care. But, who would people want to see take over the reigns if he does go?

I personally would love to see Alan Curbishley here, provided he doesn''t get snapped up by either Leeds or WBA.

Others I wouldn''t mind seeing arrive would be Newell, Tilson or Crook...

Thoughts? [^o)]

Tilson would be grand - but would never leave Southend for a club in the same boat.  Ditto I guess Mike Newell.

I have the feeling that the club needs someone that the players would run through walls for - who could extract all the ability possible out of aaverage players - much how Jack Charlotn did for Ireland.  We missed out on two of the great managers of our time recently in George Burley and Martin O''Neil.

Its all very difficult and at the moment I am not sure that Alan Curbishley would be the right man for the job - maybe as director of football yes with Hunter as team manager.   I do not know - apart from one thing

WORTHY OUT

I think we need a manager who will attract top players (well,as top as a championship club can get), a big name manager will do us wonders, Curbishley would be top of my list, but please not Robson.