Sign in to follow this  
SI

We want Premiership football in 2004

Hi Everyone

I allways claimed that it was better to be in the top 8 every season in Div 1 than going up for a season to the Premiership and then back down again.

Not any more. I WANT the likes of Liverpool, MU, Arsenal and the rest to come to our fortress.

Will they signed them or not who knows? But I know one thing: The atmosphere in Norwich is fantastic. Football and the community!!!

After the Sunderland match, I went out in that evening, I was really surprised to see Huckerby, Roberts and Companyall having a beer and a laugh in one of the City''s Bars. They were having a good time.

And this Saturday we ( Her indoors and myself) are going out again cos: WE ARE GOING TO BE TOP OF THE LEAGUE. And Norwich and Norfolk and all the supporters deserve this.

The three lads have helped us to be in that position with no doubt, but there is 11 in a team not 3 or one( Huckerby). Let''s give credit to the rest of the team.

What we don''t want are mercenaries or primadonnas. I am sure Nigel will not allow this. Nor the supporters.

Whatever happens Dec 06, I''ll still be there supporting the lads every match.

The opening statement caught my eye, why would it be better to be in the top 8 of Div. 1
than get promoted to the premiership ?
If we go up to the premiership it''s worth over 14 million and if we came down the following season we still get a payment of about half that amount whilst in Div.1. It puts clubs that drop out of the premiership at a big advantage over the rest of Div 1.
It will always be better for the club to go up even if they lose almost every game in the premiership, coz with our sensible board, when we go back to Div 1. We would be much stronger.

You have a point when you talk about finances. Of course we better off. What I am trying to say swindoncanary is that for the last 8 homes matches that I have been at Carrow Road the atmosthphere has been fantastic. The songs, the cordiality, the hugs, every time we score.

That is why I go to the football ground. To go there and lose every game , well no thanks. That is not what I want. I agree with you about the board being sensible and we would be stronger after a spell there. I rather build up a strong team with the academy ( Henderson and others) and prepare the premiership status as a one way ticket.

However I rather have this sooner than later. And yes at the end of the day it''s all about speculation.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]The opening statement caught my eye, why would it be better to be in the top 8 of Div. 1than get promoted to the premiership ?If we go up to the premiership it''s worth over 14 million and if we came down the following season we still get a payment of about half that amount whilst in Div.1. It puts clubs that drop out of the premiership at a big advantage over the rest of Div 1.It will always be better for the club to go up even if they lose almost every game in the premiership, coz with our sensible board, when we go back to Div 1. We would be much stronger.[/quote]I think a season inthe prem is now worth something like 90 million.

Theoretically, could a team not just go up, then save every single penny, get relegated, and then have £90m to spend on players to hopefully build a squad which may be able to sustain the premier league?

[quote user="Brendo "]Theoretically, could a team not just go up, then save every single penny, get relegated, and then have £90m to spend on players to hopefully build a squad which may be able to sustain the premier league?[/quote]Surely it would be better to spend a few million to try and stay there, personally I think it''s marginally harder to get there than it is to stay there.

[quote user="nevermind"]do some people still not want to get promoted?[/quote]

Never mind. Blimey, not going to ask what you do in your spare time, but to manage to dig a 7 years old thread that sums up again how I feel today after 5 years of misery.

Yes there are many similarities about the two teams and the atmosphere is getting close to what it was 7years ago.

In the other hand, seven years reading the pinkun, I must be getting old.