Sign in to follow this  
gazzathegreat

Anglia News tonight

Just watched Anglia News.

Big feature on the club, Delia''s statement read out, showed goals (!), interview with NW saying it''s not good enough, interview with John Tilson (NCISA) and big shot of his chalkboard on his pub saying Worthington must go....

Lots of time spent on message boards, showing a few, especially Worthyout site.

All looks very bad news for a manager who''s last days must surely be in sight. Not that he feels any pressure.

Ah well, if I had a contract that basically said "you get a million quid a year salary, but if we sack you you get a million quid pay-off" I wouldn''t feel under too much pressure either. It''s win-win isn''t it. When will managers and players have PRP? Profit share? If the players and manager had contracts that were 10k per year basic plus huge win bonuses, perhaps they''d be a bit more interested...? And if they''re any good, just as rich. I have real trouble with millionaire players who don''t give a damn, grrrrr.

[quote user="Amarillo"]Ah well, if I had a contract that basically said "you get a million quid a year salary, but if we sack you you get a million quid pay-off" I wouldn''t feel under too much pressure either. It''s win-win isn''t it. When will managers and players have PRP? Profit share? If the players and manager had contracts that were 10k per year basic plus huge win bonuses, perhaps they''d be a bit more interested...? And if they''re any good, just as rich. I have real trouble with millionaire players who don''t give a damn, grrrrr.[/quote]

Do you honestly think that anybody who had other options would sign such a contract?

if it was me id be cacking my pants and seriously considering Resigning for my own good, leave that way and i retain some credibility and might get another job!

Cant see Worthless doing the same though.

this is all going to get very messy isnt it?

jas :)

I think Jas is right about it getting messy - unfortunate for me, as I''m introducing my 5-year-old to the joys(?) of going to the footy this Sunday!GOTF - these rolling contracts are surely still more the exception than the norm, aren''t they? Most managers should be operating on fixed length contracts, with a stipulated notice period on both sides if results are unfavourable. One thing that seemed sensible under Chase(!) was players and manager being offered large bonuses for achieving set goals, with a lower basic wage as an incentive to strive for the highest standards. (I stand ready to be corrected on all points! [:)])