Sign in to follow this  
hot Drury hes so fine

let's get rid of Paul Mcveigh

Some people who read this will say  paul mcveigh is execllect but he has played rubbish since Huckerbys been out. we need a change down the left side. Why did Worthington play him saturday he could of played Robert Eagle there he played well at Rotherham. He comes through the young team we say we have no players come through what about him.

I maintain we would probably see a better McVeigh should a new manager take charge.  He looks totally hacked off this season.  Same with Shackell whom also does not get on with the manager, its no surprise to see him dropped recently after his performances have faultered.  Worryingly Safri has looked awful recently and probably plays a part in our awful run of results.

i agree he has been poor but that is since his bust up with worthy. eagle should be given a chance on sunday but you know he wont be. if we do change manager i would expect to see different attitudes from a few players who clearly seem to have a problem with worthless.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]I maintain we would probably see a better McVeigh should a new manager take charge.  He looks totally hacked off this season.  Same with Shackell whom also does not get on with the manager, its no surprise to see him dropped recently after his performances have faultered.  Worryingly Safri has looked awful recently and probably plays a part in our awful run of results.[/quote]

Fans darling Paul McVeigh has been rubbish this season and in my opinion hasn''t deserved to start the last few games. Shackell has been a bit shakey but I disagreed with him being dropped, even though Flem had a good game in the week, cuz he is a young player and has to make mistakes before he can learn from them. Safri''s game has always lacked consistency and, in my opinion, if this wasn''t so he would be playing at a much higher level.

CJF, how do you know certain players don''t get on with the manager, you make countless statements like this without backing them up with any proof!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]I maintain we would probably see a better McVeigh should a new manager take charge.  He looks totally hacked off this season.  Same with Shackell whom also does not get on with the manager, its no surprise to see him dropped recently after his performances have faultered.  Worryingly Safri has looked awful recently and probably plays a part in our awful run of results.[/quote]

Fans darling Paul McVeigh has been rubbish this season and in my opinion hasn''t deserved to start the last few games. Shackell has been a bit shakey but I disagreed with him being dropped, even though Flem had a good game in the week, cuz he is a young player and has to make mistakes before he can learn from them. Safri''s game has always lacked consistency and, in my opinion, if this wasn''t so he would be playing at a much higher level.

CJF, how do you know certain players don''t get on with the manager, you make countless statements like this without backing them up with any proof!

[/quote]

Its well known Paul McVeigh and the manager don''t see eye to eye.  Rumours abounded about shackell not being a favorite of Worthy''s I think the Shackell quote was "he doesnt like me"..... 

As for proof what do you want, McVeigh to say he doesnt like worthy in the press and never play again.....  Simon Charlton stated the manager has his ''Favorites''.  I guess its not that great being in the other camp, jarrett didnt like it also, nor brennan.  Funny how Leon wanted out so desperatly that he engineered a move to the mighty Coventry.

Also Neil Doncaster has admitted Worthy has had numerous bust ups with players, I would say it is normal at any football club.

Please, please, face it - Paul McVeigh is a talented terminal under-achiever who gives not a stuff for this Club. Time and time again he''s shown that, when it suits him for contract or other reasons (mainly contract), he can do great things. But most of the time, he''s a lazy dosser. To say that under another manager he would play better is just to admit that he''s getting away with murder at the moment. It doesn''t excuse the manager for letting him get away with it, but it shows McVeigh in a true, and very unflattering, light. Get rid (if anyone would take him).

Mcveigh is the sort of player who would impress the new manager in his first couple of games and then put his feet up in the knowledge that his place is safe.  Lee Marshall was a bit like that when he played for City and Worthy got that one right by selling him.

Talented player but a tad ovverated.  At least Hucks always gives it his best shot.  Mcveigh often just gives up.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Its well known Paul McVeigh and the manager don''t see eye to eye.  Rumours abounded about shackell not being a favorite of Worthy''s I think the Shackell quote was "he doesnt like me"..... 

As for proof what do you want, McVeigh to say he doesnt like worthy in the press and never play again.....  Simon Charlton stated the manager has his ''Favorites''.  I guess its not that great being in the other camp, jarrett didnt like it also, nor brennan.  Funny how Leon wanted out so desperatly that he engineered a move to the mighty Coventry.

Also Neil Doncaster has admitted Worthy has had numerous bust ups with players, I would say it is normal at any football club.

[/quote]It''s well known by who? I don''t know it? If you have information that I don''t have please share it with me! Similarly I was under the impression that Leon was well thought of and engineered his own move for his own financial and personal reasons but I have nothing to back this up so no way would I post it as the truth.

This is about the third version of what you believe Neil Doncaster said about Worthy. Have you heard what he actually said? Or read it anywhere?

I think you have difficulty seperating rumour from fact, but that''s just my opinion [;)]

Paul Mcveigh, along with several others (Doherty, Shackell, Safri, Robinson...) this season has been poor. However, in my opinion Mcveigh is one of the very few players (along with Huckerby and possibly Croft) we have at the club who can entertain and play football in a way we all want to see.

Yes, I agree he has been poor this season but I think with a new manager we will all see the best of Paul Mcveigh again. Worthington''s preferences will always lie with work-rate and enthusiasism over skill, technical ability and flamboyance... and yes, I agree all players should work hard but on the flip side I want to see skillful entertaining football and Mcveigh is one of the very few players we have that can provide us with it.

Rant over.

***********************************************************************************************************

WLY [;)] 

So ,  McVeigh   doesn`t " get on " with Nigel   ( ie  he doesn`t get all his own way )   so its rattle out the crib , and " I`m not going  to  play  100%   , cos  he`s nasty to me "   .....give me strength !      it makes me wonder  , just how many more of these  puffed up gits  we have at this club ?    is it any wonder   we get the results   we do , when   these specimens   fester in the team ....  goodbye team spirit !   

I just can`t get my head around this theory , mooted by some posters , that players like McVeigh   will , magically   ,  flourish  under a new manager !     the reality would be far more likely  that he would get his bowlocks bit off   ....  [:''(]

Francis , thought he was " too good " for the club ,  went to Wigan  got shot up the arse ,  booted out  ....

Green , thought he was  " too good "   for the club ,  went to a prem club  , cant even get a game !

McKenzie , thought he was  " too good "  for the club  ,  went to a prem club   , bench warmer .

McVeigh ?     shape up ... or ship out !     it could well turn out to be a great big nasty world out there McVeigh  ,   how long would you last with the likes of Barry Fry , or  Warnock ?  

Feel free to correct me  if I have things wrong   !

[quote user="Disco"]

Paul Mcveigh, along with several others (Doherty, Shackell, Safri, Robinson...) this season has been poor. However, in my opinion Mcveigh is one of the very few players (along with Huckerby and possibly Croft) we have at the club who can entertain and play football in a way we all want to see.

Yes, I agree he has been poor this season but I think with a new manager we will all see the best of Paul Mcveigh again. Worthington''s preferences will always lie with work-rate and enthusiasism over skill, technical ability and flamboyance... and yes, I agree all players should work hard but on the flip side I want to see skillful entertaining football and Mcveigh is one of the very few players we have that can provide us with it.

Rant over.

***********************************************************************************************************

WLY [;)] 

[/quote]I agree. To single out McVeigh would be very unfair. Your list of under performers is also fair comment. He has been a scapegoat for the team for years. Always the first to be dropped after a bad result. Worthington has never got on with him. He should be kept ahead of Robinson, Hughes, Jarvis, Thorne, Etuhu, Colin, and Henderson. They should all be disposed of first before Paul in my view.

many people on various message boards have said stuff to that effect. A friend of mine had the phone call with doncaster in which worthys bust-ups with players was mentioned - I don''t know the exact word and certainly cant rember them.

As for rumour - many of them turn out to be true. I was ridiculed for mentioning our interest in Sibierski and Mccleod overheard from doncaster - just made up junk apparantly. This was confirmed to be true in the news 2 days later.

As for rumour and fact, I feel I have a decent idea of what is made up and what is true, normally based on the user whom gives the information.  Some people actually have sources!! Can''t say I would always be right as this is message board stuff, but known users whom post good stuff normally I will believe. 

As for McVeigh and Worthy, take your blinkers off mate, lol, I cant see many players treated by the management like he has been having any respect foir him. Christ a fair proportion of fans can''t stand him as it is.

When he leaves this club with 500K in his pocket and our club heading towards the relegation zone then you will see the honesty from the **** in charge.

If he gets a run of games and some confidence under his belt he is one of the best players we have - he has been chronically misused and really badly treted since his run in the play off season - I feel that this is the largest case of Worthys poor man managment - and we the fans are the ones that have really lost out here.

[quote user="sheded"]

So ,  McVeigh   doesn`t " get on " with Nigel   ( ie  he doesn`t get all his own way )   so its rattle out the crib , and " I`m not going  to  play  100%   , cos  he`s nasty to me "   .....give me strength !      it makes me wonder  , just how many more of these  puffed up gits  we have at this club ?    is it any wonder   we get the results   we do , when   these specimens   fester in the team ....  goodbye team spirit !   

I just can`t get my head around this theory , mooted by some posters , that players like McVeigh   will , magically   ,  flourish  under a new manager !     the reality would be far more likely  that he would get his bowlocks bit off   ....  [:''(]

Francis , thought he was " too good " for the club ,  went to Wigan  got shot up the arse ,  booted out  ....

Green , thought he was  " too good "   for the club ,  went to a prem club  , cant even get a game !

McKenzie , thought he was  " too good "  for the club  ,  went to a prem club   , bench warmer .

McVeigh ?     shape up ... or ship out !     it could well turn out to be a great big nasty world out there McVeigh  ,   how long would you last with the likes of Barry Fry , or  Warnock ?  

Feel free to correct me  if I have things wrong   !

[/quote]

actually McVeigh played well and was reguarly dropped and substituted, played out of position reguarly.  The first to shoulder the blame despite the fact Andy Hughes was ****ing useless week in week out.  I would have thought that would dent a players morale.  But hey that doesnt matter in football - morale......  I would struggle to give 100% for a manager I did not get on with and critisized me reguarly.

Anyway are you surprised he doesnt get on with Worthless?  The manager is a total muppet whom speaks a load of old cobblers for the most part.  I doubt Worthy will be a success anywhere ever again.

Nice rant sheded! Spot on I''d say!CJF - I too have my doubts about your assertions. You play with words like some real journalists - careful to sprinkle your statements with plenty of ''It''s well known...'' ''Rumours abounded...'' ''I think the quote was...'' type of statements. You used to be the king of the cut''n''paste - can''t you find the Shackell quote? Even the Neil Doncaster thing is very shaky. Every time you mention it you seem to make his statement more hard-line and yet, when challenged, the best you came up with was ''I think Neil Doncaster mentioned something about this in reply to another fan''s letter, last season...''. That''s a far cry from what we have now - ''Neil Doncaster has admitted that Worthy has had numerous bust-ups with players''! As you say, it''s normal for managers and players not to see eye-to-eye at times, that hardly makes it a truth to imply that a whole host (if we have enough players to form one) of players are just waiting to see Worthy gone, so they can shine for a new boss.Sharing opinions is one thing, embellishing statements to make them fit what you want to believe is another.(I may have been guilty of that myself, just now, by incorrectly quoting CJF himself!?)

[quote user="Sir Quinny"]If he gets a run of games and some confidence under his belt he is one of the best players we have - he has been chronically misused and really badly treted since his run in the play off season - I feel that this is the largest case of Worthys poor man managment - and we the fans are the ones that have really lost out here.[/quote]

No this is crap, he has had many chances to play and has under performed, this should not be blamed on the manager. McVeigh has proven he has the ability to play well on the wings and has done so in the past, he has a lot of natural ability but isn''t really showing at the moment, why Worthington gets the blame for this and not the player I don''t know!

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Nice rant sheded! Spot on I''d say!

CJF - I too have my doubts about your assertions. You play with words like some real journalists - careful to sprinkle your statements with plenty of ''It''s well known...'' ''Rumours abounded...'' ''I think the quote was...'' type of statements. You used to be the king of the cut''n''paste - can''t you find the Shackell quote? Even the Neil Doncaster thing is very shaky. Every time you mention it you seem to make his statement more hard-line and yet, when challenged, the best you came up with was ''I think Neil Doncaster mentioned something about this in reply to another fan''s letter, last season...''. That''s a far cry from what we have now - ''Neil Doncaster has admitted that Worthy has had numerous bust-ups with players''! As you say, it''s normal for managers and players not to see eye-to-eye at times, that hardly makes it a truth to imply that a whole host (if we have enough players to form one) of players are just waiting to see Worthy gone, so they can shine for a new boss.

Sharing opinions is one thing, embellishing statements to make them fit what you want to believe is another.
(I may have been guilty of that myself, just now, by incorrectly quoting CJF himself!?)
[/quote]

Thankyou Fat Barman, just what I was trying to say, you can put your thoughts into words far better than me! Bet I can pull a pint as good as you though!!! [;)]

i have no doubt worthy has his favourites and it seems wly is one of them ,but to throw the toys out the pram and play with the lack of passion he has shown over the last couple of years is a disgrace and he needs to have a real long hard look at himself in the mirror,you are a long time retired paul and living on a few months consistant play and comitment is all you have to look forward to,it will be enough to get you laid for a while then we will all forget you ever played the game at all,good bye mate and good ridance

whoever is in charge when you pull on the shirt the very least we expect is passion,lets see it!!