Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

No Confidence in the Board

What a way to run a football club.

Delia Smith, Michael Wynn Jones, Roger Munby, Barry Skipper, Michael Foulger, Neil Doncaster, just do whatever you gotta do.  Don''t light the blue touchpaper and retreat into the shadows yet again, while all hell breaks loose.

Their gutless approach sums up everything that''s wrong with this club at the moment, and it will take more than a new manager to change it.

Disgraceful.

Totally agree, Worthy and the Board should have come to an arrangement and he should leave. 

IT IS PATHETIC IT IS COMING TO THIS.

So if Burnley score first Worthy will be crucified in the Stadium more than ever before, if we win it will all be delayed a couple of weeks.

What do they expect.

Even Hardened KTFers like Libero, Jbwallis, King of Latvia, Indy Bones have come out this week and given up support for Worthington?

We are left with a few ardent KTFers like BlahBlahBlah and Beelsie whom would back him until Relegation occured.  Even then they would be wishing him the chance to get us promoted.

couldnt agree more! what is needed is to actually state what they want to achieve at this club instead of ducking the issues with veiled threats if you dont get it right in two games! as i said before, what if we win these next two BUT lose the four after that? they should sack worthington now and get a new manager asap to give him time to sort out this mess before its too late!

Very true Meg, and it makes me wonder how much their dithering has affected the closure of identified transfer targets this season.

Wouldn''t you love to be a fly on the wall, there has been a lot of internal politics going on in this Club of ours.

The only person I have any certain respect for at the moment is Huckerby. The man is straight, has tried to lift things and must be a future figure in this Club.

[quote]Even Hardened KTFers like Libero, Jbwallis, King of Latvia, Indy Bones have come out this week and given up support for Worthington?[/quote]

Well, if 4 people with silly names who can type have given up on him, that''s it.  I''ll just make the call to tell him to give up because Indy Bones and King of Latvia say he should. 

[quote]Hello ?  Nige ?  Your old mate blah here, we''ve lost IndyBones and KingofLatvia.  That''s L, A, T, ....[/quote]

[quote]We are left with a few ardent KTFers like BlahBlahBlah and Beelsie whom would back him until Relegation occured.  Even then they would be wishing him the chance to get us promoted[/quote]

Thanks for explaining my position on the relegation issue chicken-head, I really hadn''t thought that far ahead.  But then we haven''t been in league 2 since 1959 when it was known by its porper name of Football League Division 3 and we had that FA Cup run.  Good to know that I''d still be keeping the faith though, you would have thought I''d have given up on Worthington before then though surely ?

Oh wait, hang on a minute, we''re only 9 games in to this season aren''t we ?

Silly names blah?  Pot, kettle if you ask me.

Would you like to address the topic we''re trying to discuss?  I''m all ears . . .

The only time you try to be funny is when things are f***ing serious.  Why is that?  Not in denial are we?

I doubt support from an equally monickered supporter will garner much favour on that basis Blah3 [;)]

9 games into this season - but 1.2 seasons into a poor passionless run in this division alone.

I think the board have been very clever, to be honest I see it as more of a public kick up the back side for staff and players than a vote of confidence, the whole statement leaves them alot of room to manoeuvre.

Thanks for the personal attack megson, much appreciated, especially on the back of Chicken-Heads assertion that I''m a blinkered eedjut who would rather than we were relegated than change manager.  I''m nearly up to my quota of attacks for the day, just another 5 to go.

I hope you''re sitting down, I actually agree with your position on this - to an extent you and others have persuaded me - that Worthington isn''t the whole problem, and that poor performances are symptomatic of complacency within the club, one player for each position, little competition for places, caused by lack of investment in playing staff.  We do need a football brain (and also an elected fan) on the board, we do need to invest more in players (if more can be found), all points I accept.

What worries me is what happens if Worthington goes and things don''t improve.  What are we left with then ?  A manager every 12 months and ever-decreasing circles of money for players ?

[quote]Silly names blah?  Pot, kettle if you ask me.[/quote]

True.  Some people place too much importance on message boards, that was kind of what I was trying to say.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Oh wait, hang on a minute, we''re only 9 games in to this season aren''t we ?

[/quote]

I understand your point Blah but those 9 games gives us a strong indication that not much has changed from last season.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Totally agree, Worthy and the Board should have come to an arrangement and he should leave. 

IT IS PATHETIC IT IS COMING TO THIS.

So if Burnley score first Worthy will be crucified in the Stadium more than ever before, if we win it will all be delayed a couple of weeks.

What do they expect.

Even Hardened KTFers like Libero, Jbwallis, King of Latvia, Indy Bones have come out this week and given up support for Worthington?

We are left with a few ardent KTFers like BlahBlahBlah and Beelsie whom would back him until Relegation occured.  Even then they would be wishing him the chance to get us promoted.

[/quote]

Why do you continually try to put posters into your imaginary gangs!

I find Beelsie and BlahBlahBlah  interesting posters in their own right and don''t associate them with so called KTF or WO gangs.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Thanks for the personal attack megson, much appreciated, especially on the back of Chicken-Heads assertion that I''m a blinkered eedjut who would rather than we were relegated than change manager.  I''m nearly up to my quota of attacks for the day, just another 5 to go.

I hope you''re sitting down, I actually agree with your position on this - to an extent you and others have persuaded me - that Worthington isn''t the whole problem, and that poor performances are symptomatic of complacency within the club, one player for each position, little competition for places, caused by lack of investment in playing staff.  We do need a football brain (and also an elected fan) on the board, we do need to invest more in players (if more can be found), all points I accept.

What worries me is what happens if Worthington goes and things don''t improve.  What are we left with then ?  A manager every 12 months and ever-decreasing circles of money for players ?

[quote]Silly names blah?  Pot, kettle if you ask me.[/quote]

True.  Some people place too much importance on message boards, that was kind of what I was trying to say.

[/quote]

Unnecessary blah I agree.  Apologies.  I''m just so angry at the way this is being handled, and I''m getting really worried about the future of our club, regardless of whether Worthy stays or goes. 

I meant to add blah that I applaud your openness to reasoned argument. 

I used to swallow the "prudence with ambition" mantra myself, so I realise it''s not easy to accept that the emperor has got his kit off again!

But we need to face the truth in order to move forward. 

No worries megson, I share your concerns.  Whoever replaces Worthington needs time and patience from all sides, not a never-ending state of civil war from the fans and a board who will hang a long-standing manager out to dry to protect their profile.

How Hard is to run a football club?

I imagine it''s very bloody hard, If the board get rid of Worthy, then they''ll have my full support! I respect them for bring stablity to the club but i haven''t always liked all of there decisions!

I''d rather our board be in place than a eastern europe multi-millioniare like Ambravich or Ramonov who couldn''t give a toss about the club!