Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

ktf - RIP

delia''s & michaels statement today effectively renders the KTF position untenable.  they recognise an underperfroming team and manager is not in the best interests of NCFC and acting as true supporters have demanded the situation be rectified.

Eureka! 

Lucky Green, there never were any KTFs.  I don''t know a single person who has ever thought of themselves as a KTF.  It was a label invented by WOs to discredit anyone who didn''t agree with them and fuel division and animosity.

Worthy In . . .

i must say that the split between fans at the end of last season, on this board anyway used to be about 50-50 but it is now a struggle to find any pro worthington posts.

i don''t think that now is the time to be saying ''i told you so'' though some people were wrong (me included) lets now get on with supporting our club and whoever takes over.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Eureka! 

Lucky Green, there never were any KTFs.  I don''t know a single person who has ever thought of themselves as a KTF.  It was a label invented by WOs to discredit anyone who didn''t agree with them and fuel division and animosity.

Worthy In . . .

[/quote] I don''t agree with that. It did cause divisions but there were plenty of people who didn''t want Worthy out and were fans of his ue to past glories!

Its nothing to rejoice about - as it means the club has got worse since last season.

As some one else said - its the end game being played out,  just hope it is swift rather than long and turbulent - for everyones sake.

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="mystic megson"]

Eureka! 

Worthy In . . .

[/quote] I don''t agree with that. It did cause divisions but there were plenty of people who didn''t want Worthy out and were fans of his ue to past glories![/quote]

You''ve illustrated my point perfectly Alex. It''s WOs who label certain people KTFs, not those people themselves.  

It there''s anyone out there who is a self-proclaimed KTF, please step forward.

at the end of the day, everybody who cares about ncfc is a true supporter - whether they want worthy in or not is subordinate (even irrelevant) to this fact.  in my view, every supporter should be able to hold an opinion about the manager/squad/directors without having their loyalty to NCFC questioned.  delia and michael have made their statement in the best interests of NCFC, and as such are true supporters.  i''m certain if they felt they couldn''t make the necessary contribution to make city successful, they''d move aside.  this must be the true test of supporter loyalty, not a narrow misconception that giving everfailing  (blind)  support  to  squad, manager, board through thick and thin is somehow being a true supporter, as plenty of ktf and even worthy himself have intimated.  i''ve no problem with others holding an opposite opinion, but what''s peed me off, is suggesting that because i believed worthy should have gone last autumn in the best interests of ncfc, and then attending st. andrews hall, that it made me disloyal and somehow an untrue suporter.   as dial and michael have shown, this true supporter thing is a misnomer - we are all true supporters, all of the time, but not always holding the same opinion. 

No, I''ve been called KTF but mainly by USA Canary who can''t post without the letters KTF in it.

I wanted Worthington to succeed. But not because I was a fan of his, just because I really didn''t want it to come to this.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Its nothing to rejoice about - as it means the club has got worse since last season.

As some one else said - its the end game being played out,  just hope it is swift rather than long and turbulent - for everyones sake.

[/quote]Its definitely the end, even if he wins the next 10, then loses 5, the position becomes untenable.  All we end up with is another manager and 18 months for him to ''shape'' his team.  I just dont think there is anyone out there at the moment that is better than him and personally to give someone 9 games to prove themselve is ridiculous.If Martin O Neil or someone of that ilk was available and we could get him, then fair enough, the only people open to us or who are available are the type that will be able to take us to mid table prem, if were lucky, which is what i feel we have now, your just going to have to fork out a load of money to find out, money which once the parachute payments are gone is going to be replaced by player sales.

Sums up my thoughts exactly Mook.

If the so called “WO” brigade wish to celebrate the demise of Worthy, then in some ways it''s understandable, but also sad. Since they are in some ways celebrating ''our'' club performing badly!

Never was a fan of Worthy, just always put my club first and if that meant having a manager that is not the most gifted PR man, then so be as long as Norwich were performing well and winning.

Looks like that is unlikely now, but if/when he goes I will hope to remember a manager that tried his best and did bring some memorable times to Carrow Road, as well as some bitter one’s as well.

Another Ktfer turns:

What an eventful week. Every time I’ve sat down to plan this column, something has thrown a spanner in the works. The fight back at Rotherham, Dion Dublin, another no-show at Plymouth. Then Delia decides to have her say.

Let me say right here and now that it is time for Nigel Worthington to go. You may find this a startling about-turn if you’ve read my previous columns but there comes a point where you simply cannot defend the indefensible. Even I cannot defend his appalling away record and the inconsistency that will ultimately be his undoing.

http://www.thenest-ncfc.co.uk/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=281&mode=&order=0&thold=0

CJF, give it a rest.

Like I said above, most "KTF" people purely did not want it to come to this. That''s all. They hoped against hope that he could turn it around, avoiding the circus of the management merry-go-round.

We don''t like unrest, protests, back-biting, snarling, supporter infighting, and worst of all losing lots of matches! Maybe we have little ambition, perhaps we''re too "soft" for all this angry mob stuff.

I truly hope that if the next manager fails - and I pray he won''t - that the so called "KTF" don''t come back on here and try and ram it down the throats of the "WO".

Failure of Norwich City is NOT a good thing, no matter who is doing the failing.

I aint gloating mate, I would have loved the great start to continue and us to be at the top end of the table...  I am just making the point that even the most hardened KTFers have had enough now...

I do not want to see this go on and on, a couple of wins here and it will. I can see it now, a win against Burnley and QPR followed by defeats at Birmingham and Cardiff...

I find the Boards stance appalling - do they really think they have the right man to bring us forwards!!

I know you''re not gloating.

But if, as you say, the most "hardened" KTF has changed their views then perhaps you can stop trawling up and regurgitating these points that we''ve all heard so many times before.

Hughes was rubbish and didn''t get dropped, NW may have argued with Shacks, Dion Dublin, £3m for Earnshaw, Paul McVeigh''s treatment, Left Backs in midfield, 47,000,243 away games without winning, Delia''s friendship, arrogant treatment of the fans etc etc etc etc etc

We''ve all heard it before.

And if every "KTF" has now become "WO" then you are surely preaching to the converted?

I sometimes wonder why anyone posts on this board!  Why can''t we just accept that our club is in a mess, from the players upwards.  The two main shareholders have now issued a statement of intent, though it''s still difficult it seems for them to pin a date (or game) on when the axe might fall.

Are we WO or KTF?  No, we are ALL Norwich City fans.  Why should we all be catergorised as one or the other?

Do I want Worthington to leave.  Yes, I do and have done for most of his time here, to be honest, and I have said as much many times.  Does this mean I can''t see the opposite point of view, or assuming not, think that view, and the person expressing it, any less of a supporter than myself?  No.

During the final part of last season I have had insults thrown at me, been physically abused and all because I don''t agree with the opposite point of view.  There are numerous similar experiences from all around the ground I am sure.

So, once he''s gone and the next manager has a dodgy spell, what then?  Will the people who stuck by Worthington say I told you so?  Well, some might, but let''s just try and enjoy going to a game of football again, not taking part in a civil war.

Maybe I hold this opinion because I am female, don''t know.  I will be taking part in the protest on Sunday as I feel it''s how I want to show my dis-satisfaction with how the whole episode has been handled by the board.  Do I want the team to lose?  No, but I do want the whole sorry episode to be brought to a swift end, for everyone concerned. 

Have to take issue with you there gazza, I wouldn''t by any means say that we are in a mess. We have good modern stadium, we have a full house every week, we have a chairman who loves the club and some genuine quality players, including some promising youngsters (well some of them less so by now albeit still inexperienced). Plus we have a passionate fanbase who while arguing for a change of manager still support the team and will continue to do so. We simply have a lame duck manager who everybody now recognises has passed his sell by date. The right appointment now could well kick start our season and it won''t take much to get everything back on track in a new era of optimism.

Yes, we have all you say Tumbleweed, a great ground, full houses (for now), some board members who care about the club, a few quality players (but not a team full of them).  Youngsters (in theory, yes, but not enough practice).  Fan base biggest asset of all, but that''s the rub, the fan base has been ignored, taken for granted or insulted for too long.  How did it ever get to this? 

We have all heard of people being dumped out of jobs and relationships by texts, this is the board''s version.....

Is it worth losing all of the above, just to keep a manager in his job, even one who won the championship a few years ago.  Past glories, yes, but he now has more cons than pros stacked up against him. 

He should have gone long ago and now it appears the messy divorce it going to be a TV reality show. 

[quote user="Mook"]

No, I''ve been called KTF but mainly by USA Canary who can''t post without the letters KTF in it.

I wanted Worthington to succeed. But not because I was a fan of his, just because I really didn''t want it to come to this.

[/quote]

The reason it has "come to this" is because of the actions of Worthington.

There would be no protests or disgruntled people if the club was heading in the right direction.

You are/were a KTF because you thought he could turn it around, most of us knew better.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

There would be no protests or disgruntled people if the club was heading in the right direction.

You are/were a KTF because you thought he could turn it around, most of us knew better.

[/quote]If you think Worthington is solely responsible for us not heading in the right direction, I feel you may be disappointed soon...Yes, the manager/team has been underperforming for the last 12 months, but the board have always had the power to end his tenure as management, and have chosen to "fully support" their manager. Frankly, I think their recent statement is another case of them trying to maintain their "holier than thou" status, and diffuse protests on Saturday, when frankly, they are entirely responsible for our current mess as far as I am concerned. Yes Worthington is at fault, but they should have acted sooner.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Eureka! 

Worthy In . . .

[/quote]

I agree totally. So if NotWorthy (my favourite poster) is going to waste his time telling me it''s utter tripe and I know it - don''t bother. I don''t mind opinions but when people tell me I don''t know my own mind it aggravates me. Maybe people don''t actually have to fall into either of these catagories do they? Also, Notworthy, still waiting for a upbeat post from you? oh must go, program on bipolar disorder, are you on it?

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

Agreed. Most of us want our manager to succeed, regardless of our personal opinion about them. If our managers are successful our team is - simple as that. For a few in here the personal dislike is a higher motivating factor that City''s success.

Its a difficult one that gazza- the fan base ultimately are not accountable so its easy for us to make judgements but we are inevitably at a disadvantage with fewer of the facts and evidence at our disposal. Having said that the biggest issue has been the on pitch performances and that has been plain for all to see. The Board have dallied a touch too long- we (ie the fanbase) would have acted a year ago probably- but in this era of knee jerk reactions and panic decisions at least they have not caved in at the first sign of trouble. However not acting decisively now after this latest statement would be a grave misjudgement. I think our club in in good health in reality once we have sorted the manager out.

[quote user="USAcanary"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re sad man/woman, USA.

If you know better, then you''ll be certain that the next manager will be a success, yes? And no, I''m not just talking about the first 6 games.

There is no written proof that sacking a manager will point the club in the "right" direction, just a "new" direction, or a "less bad" direction.

And if you think Worthington is soley responsible for the club''s position, you''re amazingly deluded.