Sign in to follow this  
robertcole

worthy

The time must now be up for Nigel Worthington . After last Saturdays debarcle , he said the team lacked passion , so does Mr Wortington.  Two thousand ,seven hundred fans witnessed a dire performance at Coventry .At the end of the game Worthington and the rest of the team , trudged off the field , not even acknowledgeing the fans .That is except Rob Earnshaw , who came across to clap the supporters. How many times at carrow road have we seen teams loose heverly  , but still go across to acknowledge their supporters , many who have travelled hundreds of miles.

No Mr Worthington , passion and commitment comes from the top , show a total disinterest in those supporting your team , and it will come back to haunt you . I really feel for those at Plymouth , Iam sure Nigel and his crew were the first ones back in the dressing room , not even a thought for the fans .

Go now , and make way for a managers who cares with passion , most of them still do.

you may not like the guy and it appears many don''t, but to say he lacks passion and doesn''t care is utter sh*te. I think everybody thinks he is a mild mannered guy but I have heard that he can get a little less than mild mannered when necessary. Just because he doesn''t rant and rave during post match interviews doesn''t mean he is not bothered, he is. In fact i like a manager that keeps a lid on it during interviews. I feel a bit sorry for the guy, you can critisise him from a tactical point of view but nothing else, unless you are on the inside or course, i.e. a player. I am sure he has done and is doing his best, it may not be good enough granted, but I don''t think things should get to personal.

Marty

In my opinion some people fabricate stuff about Worthy and some people choose to believe those fabrications  in order to make themselves feel better and make the protests more hateful. It''s not neccessary, poor performances on the pitch and our terrible away record our facts that cannot be disputed and are also the facts that will ultimately decide the managers fate.

For me worthy is a decent man, who portrayed himself particularly well in the media during the prem season, and who is committed to doing he best he can in his job.

His only problem is that what he is doing isnt working and, sadly, he doesnt appear to be able to do anything to change that                     sit-yooo-a-shun.

As with anything fans will exaggerate certain traits, both positive when times are good but also the negatives when times are worse, as it suits their needs (and like any human Worthy does occassionally project some less appealing qualities).