Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Statement aimed to hinder protests!.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

SICKENINGLY STUPID 

[/quote]

Thought you aptly described your posting. Do you often get these spells. Can the Doctors do anything about them.

If  lots of people turn out the protesters might be accused of rent-a-crowd, if it is moderate then it may be called a failure. The Club dismisses the protesters as a minority. The level of traffic activity is staggering, often matching Manchester United which has a much larger core population. This suggests there are many that look on even if they do not join forums, Many of the older generation are neither letter writers or into the internet but many are vehement in their desire to see Worthington leave when they see a WO Sticker. Unsolicitored genuine response.

There is another side to the argument. Many may be fence sitters, many may not give a damn either way. Some may be believe he is doing a good job, they are entitled to their opinions. Some may be kindly souls that dislike sacking people. Very few may be genuine KTF''s.

It is very difficult to believe there can be more that a few brown-nosed KTF''s fanatical in their support. We know the song went "He''s football crazy" but fans are not that crazy. How many club stooges are there writing every week? How many genuine fans write in week after week supporting Worthington. Huckerby,  yes. Worthington, you are joking ? 

The club may well be into rent-a-KTF.   A fictitious "majority" comprising  a few real hard nose KTF''s bolstered by prodigious rented writers. Support as illusory as the promised success. 

Personally I always thought KTF an inappropriate slogan as it easily reads as Keep The Fool  

I find this whole this idea of a protest disappointing, I also find the statement from the board even more disappointing about two games etc. Sack him or back him please.

For me Worthy has been a good servant to the club and tried his best. He has brought us great times and anyone at Crewe that day will know the how happy we were on that pitch celebrating. What a wonderful day that was.

I feel the problem started from there. We were quite frankly surprised from the board level down to the fans to get promoted that season. We wasted that time by talking nice about being in the Premiership, rather than thinking how we could stay there right away. I remember coming away from WBA away and out Chairman saying to fans we will sort it out.

Alas they left it too late to do that, but with some luck we nearly got away with it. I did not blame the manager for getting relegated or even the board for that fact. They made financial decisions, that I am not privy to, but alas they failed.

Last year IMHO the board and manager thought we would get promoted and failed to address the problems. This year the board have failed to back the manager and it’s led back to this debate which was bound to happen as soon as results went against us.

Nigel has to go now and I say alas, because I would rather have succeeded with him and saved some money for players rather than pay outs etc. Still what if we win the next four games we are back in the same arguments…

CTID… Whatever happens and I am sure we can all agree on that point at least.

[quote]Thought you aptly described your posting. Do you often get these spells. Can the Doctors do anything about them[/quote]

I can only apologis Cyril, I only get these funny turns when confronted by morons.  Knowing this, you''d think i''d avoid this message board...

[quote]The club may well be into rent-a-KTF.   A fictitious "majority" comprising  a few real hard nose KTF''s bolstered by prodigious rented writers. Support as illusory as the promised success.[/quote]

Now this sentence I find astounding, knowing as you do the methods that Outers have employed to use the internet to make their voice louder than the core group it represents.  Is this yuor 4th or 5th pinkun account Cyril ?

[quote] Personally I always thought KTF an inappropriate slogan as it easily reads as Keep The Fool  [/quote]

You tell me Cyril, It''s Worthy Outers that are so keen on slogans and acronyms...

I meet up with a group of up to ten people before each match, all from different walks of life etc, and in the past six months their opinions have slowly come round to all of them now wanting a change at the club.  Unless I have been incredibly unlucky statistically, I would suggest that a significant majority want a change, not the 50 agitators you mention.

The culture of protest has arisen out of a desperation to get some action out of the board.  The writing has been on the wall for months, but still no action from the top. 

We already are back in the days of mediocrity, so I cannot understand your argument on that at all.  If you cannot recognise that, then you are deluded.

You seem so utterly terrified of change, that I am wondering if you see in each new day of your life with horror and fear at what the day might bring!

Also, you accuse people of getting personal about this, and believe me to a lot of people it has become personal to get action from the board, yet your defence of Worthington is so personal that many people on here truly believe you are part of the current regime, or a member of the Worthington family! 

The culture of protest is down to the boards lack of action, and people like you not being able to wake up and smell what you are shovelling.  Even the Smiths have begun to notice the smell.

Rant over.

USA, I don''t need to explain myself to you or get involved in a p***ing match.  Suffice to say that I care very much about NCFC, get to the games when I can, and have done since the age of 8.

Worthington is only another manager, the nature of the vitriol and the growing culture of protest are the things that worry me far more than whether he stays or goes.  If all it takes is 50 agitators to dictate to the board who manages the club and for how long, then we''ll be back to the bad old days of 10 managers in 8 seasons and complete mediocrity.

I''ll still be posting on here if he goes.

[/quote]

[quote]I would suggest that a significant majority want a change, not the 50 agitators you mention.[/quote]

You would.  But your opinion is as bent one way as you believe mine to be the other.

The maximum number of simultaneous forum users that worthyout.co.uk has ever had online is 27, and that was last March.  On that basis I have to assume that interest in their campaign isn''t as great now as it was then, when between 500 and 1000 people gathered.

Everything else you said is hyperbole, and frankly water off a duck''s back.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Following yesterdays statement is there really any need for these protests to take place on Sunday?

If we don''t win on Sunday surely the game will be up and Worthy will resign or be sacked.

[/quote]

This is the reason why I started this thread.

They want people like Nutty Nigel to think this way...........................and he has!.

I repeat.

Don''t be fooled, protest now.

[/quote]

Hi Wiz [:P]

Are you gonna be protesting then??

Do you think the manager will still be here if we don''t win on Sunday???

I think for the first time ever I agree with CJF and hope that he resigns this week. Would you still advocate others protesting then??

[/quote]

It was rude of me to stick my tongue out and I humbly apologise[:$] was that why you didn''t answer me? Or was it cuz I am naieve in thinking the way the board want me to?[:^)] Was it maybe cuz the posts got lost as the thread turned into another load of worthy luvin'' and blah bashin''?

Are you gonna be protesting?

Do you think the manager will be here if we lose on Sunday regardless of whether there are protests?

And if Worthy was to resign before Sunday would you still advocate others protest?

"The maximum number of simultaneous forum users that worthyout.co.uk has ever had online is 27, and that was last March"I believe the number of registered users is over 400 - mind you, there''s a few like youreself who can''t resist popping on there to have a look What''s your username on the WorthyOut site BBB?

[quote]I would suggest that a significant majority want a change, not the 50 agitators you mention.[/quote]

You would.  But your opinion is as bent one way as you believe mine to be the other.

The maximum number of simultaneous forum users that worthyout.co.uk has ever had online is 27, and that was last March.  On that basis I have to assume that interest in their campaign isn''t as great now as it was then, when between 500 and 1000 people gathered.

Everything else you said is hyperbole, and frankly water off a duck''s back.

[/quote]

As with the appalling atmosphere and wall of silence at the many awful home games towards the end of last season, I fear should we start losing on Sunday just how many people actually support this failing man.

And yes, if he does leave on Sunday after a defeat he will have gone full circle in his 6 years as he was just above the relegation zone when he took over, we hit the heights of the premiership but now he will leave us hovering above the relegation zone.  The only change in the playing side being when he took over we had an underacheiving bloated squad, he will leave us with an underacheiving wafer thin one.

[quote]The maximum number of simultaneous forum users that worthyout.co.uk has ever had online is 27, and that was last March"

I believe the number of registered users is over 400 - mind you, there''s a few like youreself who can''t resist popping on there to have a look

What''s your username on the WorthyOut site BBB?[/quote]

It''s CupHalfFull, I have nothing to hide and don''t consider myself a closet outer.  I''m sure that if you talk to Mark, the site admin there, he''d consider me a real thorn in his side, being unwilling as I was to swallow his doctrine and join in with the abuse of a hard working man doing his job a bit worse than enough to be comfortable. In fact, one of the busier threads of a very quiet summer on that site was "CupHalfFull still logs in" which was very sweet and all, but started to sound a bit like stalking.  I finally got bored of having my avatars personal settings messed about with (everyone that didnt agree with Mark had the acronym KTF on their avatar for a few days, until someone more reasonable than me suggested that it made him look petty...),  and arguing the toss with people diametrically opposed to my personas'' point of view and retreated to here, where the colour scheme is nicer, and I only get abused by every other poster.

I think the whole thing shows just how much our "little old club" (Delias words when interviewed following that famous Man. Utd Premiership victory)........which at the time stunk to me of how little true ambition the board actually had. This was of course soon followed by that hilarious 6-0 thrashing by Fulham, which just about summed the state of Delias mind up.

People should be free to vent their feelings however they consider apt, staying within the boundaries of the law of course.  A protest is what is needed, although it had little effect last season when the sacking should have taken place. Maybe then Ashton might have stayed along with Greeno.....knowing their ''new'' manager had the drive and ambition to be something other than "little old Norwich". Are we any different to "little old Charlton" or "little old Middlesbrough" etc etc. Do they publicly demean themselves so? I don''t think so.

I feel that as long as Norwich City remain a necessary offshoot to Delias culinary plans we will be nothing other than a plaything for her.  I suggest the Smiths pull their finger out and get serious about what is going on in the football side......and bugger the colour of the table cloths.

Norwich City is just that....a football club......not a mere plaything for the board to wear on their lapels while us mugs put our money into it week in week out.

Go ahead and be heard....tv cameras or not. We need to take back some control of OUR club instead of being puppies pandering to our ''Saviours''. It was indeed a cynical ploy to save her from humiliation in front of the cameras........and we all know how that can damage the ego.....not to mention the restaurant takings! 

Nutty Nigel:

I''m sorry I didn''t reply to your reasonable questions, somehow I missed your post mate.

I have to be careful these days as to what I give away, as I have been physically threatened and attacked by fellow City fans in the past, but yes, at the moment, I expect to be at Carrow Road giving it some!!.

If we lose against Burnley, then yes, I hope he''ll finally gets up enough courage to resign, if not, I expect Delia to sack him!.

I would still advocate and support protests to remove the Smiths from office.

Does that answer your questions?.

[quote]And yes, if he does leave on Sunday after a defeat he will have gone full circle in his 6 years as he was just above the relegation zone when he took over, we hit the heights of the premiership but now he will leave us hovering above the relegation zone.  The only change in the playing side being when he took over we had an underacheiving bloated squad, he will leave us with an underacheiving wafer thin one.[/quote]

Of course, the other, fairly crucial difference between now and then being that we did have a genuine chance of being relegated.  With 37 games to go it''s a bit early to book tickets to Yeovil just yet !

[quote]And yes, if he does leave on Sunday after a defeat he will have gone full circle in his 6 years as he was just above the relegation zone when he took over, we hit the heights of the premiership but now he will leave us hovering above the relegation zone.  The only change in the playing side being when he took over we had an underacheiving bloated squad, he will leave us with an underacheiving wafer thin one.[/quote]

Of course, the other, fairly crucial difference between now and then being that we did have a genuine chance of being relegated.  With 37 games to go it''s a bit early to book tickets to Yeovil just yet !

[/quote]

True!! The relegation worry is not a big one really (we are only in September), but a downward spiral can be hard to get out of and an injury to Earnshaw and I would seriously worry. Didn''t Hamilton resign in December I think? plenty of games to go :-)

Now this sentence I find astounding, knowing as you do the methods that Outers have employed to use the internet to make their voice louder than the core group it represents.  Is this yuor 4th or 5th pinkun account Cyril ?

[/quote]

so you still dont accept the majority want him out Blah3?

jas :)

marty the bottom line is ,( and you know all about bottoms ) numb nuts nidge is no good , we will never be  good under him . he has not got a clue on football . lets get a good man in who knows about football like david williams , if only we could find someone half as good as david williams . i don''t know where to look , do you ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------remember a day spent out of norfolk is a day wasted.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Nutty Nigel:

I''m sorry I didn''t reply to your reasonable questions, somehow I missed your post mate.

I have to be careful these days as to what I give away, as I have been physically threatened and attacked by fellow City fans in the past, but yes, at the moment, I expect to be at Carrow Road giving it some!!.

If we lose against Burnley, then yes, I hope he''ll finally gets up enough courage to resign, if not, I expect Delia to sack him!.

I would still advocate and support protests to remove the Smiths from office.

Does that answer your questions?.

[/quote]

Thanks for answering.

Your post points out exactly why I don''t like the protests. People do get physically threatened and attacked during the protests. Despite all the good intentions these things happen because of the volatile atmosphere the protests generate. I didn''t protest last season, and never went near the protests outside the ground either before or after games, so I have no idea what went on. But on the occasions where the protesting went on inside the ground I saw it get close to turning very nasty a couple of times. I don''t want to say anymore about last season because thats where it should be left. I would like to see the fans united again this season but I''m afraid they won''t unite over protests to remove a manager who has served our club well in the past, that won''t happen whatever the polls and surveys try to say.

I so badly wanted to see Worthy turn it around this season but that seems more and more unlikely now. I can''t hate him like some people do on here and I still respect him for what he has done in the past. He is one of only three City managers to have won this division and I get really annoyed when people try to devalue that achievement. If he is still manager on Sunday I will support him and we will see what sort of performance his team give us on the field.

If between them they turn things round with good performances in the next two games I will be expecting another statement. If there is no improvement then I expect the board to act and do whatever they have to do.