Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Statement aimed to hinder protests!.

Don''t be fooled!!.

IMO, Delia''s lastest statement is nothing but flim flam. Where does it say Worthy will/would be sacked if City lost the next two games?, it doesn''t.

I believe its nothing more than a ''divide and rule'' type of statement. The Smiths are desperate to either stop, or water down the coming protest on Sunday, which is live on Sky TV of course, because they hate and are afraid of negative publicity.

If the planned protest does not go ahead, or is poorly attended, they (Smith and Jones) could regnade on their statement a few weeks later, leaving them only to deal with flack from the local media.

And they would have been spared a protest in front of the cameras in the process.

THIS MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN.

The protest must go ahead, don''t be fooled.........again. ''The Worthy Out'' site, so far has done sterling work on our behalf in building up to this. I''ll go further, in my opinion, I believe they have forced this statement from the majority shareholders.

On the Worthington issue, the Smiths and the board are groggy and are on the ropes.

Don''t let them off.

PROTEST NOW.

They can''t be very bright if thats what they wanted.

I''m not sure what they intended to come from this statement.  For me it symptomatic of the half-arsed management of the club lately.

Almost all the fans want Worthington to go now and this statement has made people feel its a done deal.  Half the fans (or more) are now probably hoping we lose to burnley.  It may even encourage some of the players not to try.  Given that the Burnley game is on TV large scale protests are inevitable and should city go behind the atmosphere will be terrible.

A poor win against Burnley will be a disaster.  Noone will be happy, it will prove NOTHING as our home record is good and we have 2 weeks until the QPR game in limbo and unable to appoint a new manager to try and sort this mess out.

Even winning both games well won''t stop the protests.  People now think the end is near and will keep pushing until he goes.  Last season he had his chance.  After a poor start we won 5 on the bounce to bring us into play off contention in january then blew it spectacularly.  Any recovery this year will now be viewed in those terms.

He has to go and go now and thats what the statement **should** have said rather than this half-measure cock up.

We are now jeapardizing points we can ill afford to lose in the next 2 games to give the board the stomach to make a decision that should have been taken in February.

Spot on Mat GoreThis echoes my email to skysports yesterday wot they kindly read out:

Rather than biting the bullet and firing an under-achieving manager who

has divided the fans and has run out of steam, Delia Smith and her

husband have issued a so-called ultimatum that will achieve nothing.

It will not stop fans protesting in front of Sky''s cameras on Sunday.

It will do nothing to improve team morale (in fact, if he has lost the

dressing room it almost guarantees two more defeats)

It will do nothing to stop fans bickering and moaning at the Club for

the next three weeks until the two games are over.

A statement from the Board today was necessary, but this isn''t it.(extract)

Following yesterdays statement is there really any need for these protests to take place on Sunday?

If we don''t win on Sunday surely the game will be up and Worthy will resign or be sacked.

If we manage to win we then have a difficult away match to negotiate.

If we get through QPR away we then have Birmingham away before the next home game.

So by the time Cardiff come to town the manager will either be gone, or the board will not have acted following their statement, or we will have had yet another turnaround in form. If it''s either of the last two scenarios then I''m sure most fans will be up for a jolly good protest!

Ever since the Plymouth debacle certain posters have been all over this board like a rash looking forward to the protests like kids the week before christmas. I hated the protests last season and the divisions between the fans that they caused remain today.

Wiz is right.

I won''t ''protest'' other than by withdrawing my support and quite honestly if I had a ticket for Sunday I couldn''t go because I would be cheering my team while they do well, with reservations or watching them do poorly with angst and resentment.

If you have a plan to protest, however, stick to your guns and do not allow the Club to manipulate you.

I totally agree but its also an attempt by the board to deflect responsibility for our demise onto the shoulders of Nigel.

I''m not as vitriolic as you in my opinions of the board (better the devil you know) but they must take some considerable blame too for their incompetence and frugality in the transfer market. Of course they could have been witholding the funds specifically from Nigel but if that''s the case they should have acted on their lack of confidence during the summer. I believe we wouldn''t have been in this position if we had built a decent squad with the proceeds from a year in the prem, 2 years parachute payments and the proceeds from francis, ashton, green & mckenzie (the adjustments to inward/outwards transfer values are totally unconvincing). We only got Earnie with the board knowing that they stood a very good chance of making a profit when he moved on.

So Nigel with a threadbare squad (which virtually picks its own x1 due to lack of numbers) gets Dion Dublin. The poor buggar was down for the count and they take the p*ss.

Delia & co. Own up. YOU''VE let us down. 

"Following yesterdays statement is there really any need for these protests to take place on Sunday?"Bingo!And the statement has the desired effect - less than 24 hours later. Fantastic.No-one like protesting but it would be daft to cancel it on the basis on one ambiguous statement like this - once the Sky cameras have disappeared M&D can claim that "despite the result" the players demonstrated the desired amount of "passion" (however you define that) and the manager has "turned a corner". And we''d be back to square one until the next inevitable run of bad results.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Following yesterdays statement is there really any need for these protests to take place on Sunday?

If we don''t win on Sunday surely the game will be up and Worthy will resign or be sacked.

[/quote]

This is the reason why I started this thread.

They want people like Nutty Nigel to think this way...........................and he has!.

I repeat.

Don''t be fooled, protest now.

A protest against the board rather than Worthy in front of the Sky cameras would have a much more damaging effect.  The TV pundits would have a field day comparing and contrasting the infamous call to arms of the world’s greatest fans at the Man City game, to a request now of a taxi for the ‘guardians’ of the club.

This would leave Delia with a credibility issue.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

This is the reason why I started this thread.

They want people like Nutty Nigel to think this way...........................and he has!.

I repeat.

Don''t be fooled, protest now.

[/quote]

Hi Wiz [:P]

Are you gonna be protesting then??

Do you think the manager will still be here if we don''t win on Sunday???

I think for the first time ever I agree with CJF and hope that he resigns this week. Would you still advocate others protesting then??

Yes, protest now, and get your faces all over the luvverly sky cameras, and dance in the streets with yer silly crayoned in plaque-ard shouting "Coo-eee mum, I''m on the telly !!!"  You might even get the Waz here a spot on a local radio station, or another write-up in the match-day programme ?  Getting many hits on carrowroad.net now Waz ?  You''ll be able to sell t-shirts soon off the back of your attack on someone who just plain isn''t doing their job very well at the moment... 

Or alternatively, mr and mrs huge mass of general public (yes, both of you), could always stop turning the club we all love into a 3 ring circus for the sake of your own publicity under the guise of "doing what''s best for our club", because the directors will do what they want in their own time, regardless of how SICKENINGLY STUPID you make us look.

rant over.

blah, you seem seriously deluded. Just what is it about Nigel Worthington''s style of management that you will miss when he goes? And as for your belief that those who want Worthless out are still in the minority - how much evidence do you need before you understand that this man is now deeply unpopular among the vast majority of supporters and his position is becoming increasingly untenable as each day passes. He must go - even the Smiths are beginning to see sense on this issue. As for the main thrust of this thread, I think Wiz may be right in his suggestion that Delia and Michael made yesterday''s statement in an attempt to diffuse the protests on Sunday.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Yes, protest now, and get your faces all over the luvverly sky cameras, and dance in the streets with yer silly crayoned in plaque-ard shouting "Coo-eee mum, I''m on the telly !!!"  You might even get the Waz here a spot on a local radio station, or another write-up in the match-day programme ?  Getting many hits on carrowroad.net now Waz ?  You''ll be able to sell t-shirts soon off the back of your attack on someone who just plain isn''t doing their job very well at the moment... 

Or alternatively, mr and mrs huge mass of general public (yes, both of you), could always stop turning the club we all love into a 3 ring circus for the sake of your own publicity under the guise of "doing what''s best for our club", because the directors will do what they want in their own time, regardless of how SICKENINGLY STUPID you make us look.

rant over.

[/quote] SO  you think  fans who have the club at heart  shouldnt protest then  ? i have been going to carrow rd from season 63/64  . seen us playing  some  great football & crap over the years, with crowds  of only 10,000. i only way the board will get him out is to protest. . put it this way  if i wasnt for protests getting chase out , you wont been watching football now . yes kids do want to  get on t.v  . hope your happy sitting in your seat sunday watching the dose we have been putting up with  over last 2 seasons. if you are your easy pleased. . from a very unhappy season ticket holder

what a load of TOSH BLAHBLAHBLAH

Celtic fans have boycotted a match in there THOUSANDS in order to remove a manager in the past.  Norwich fans after having voiced concerns to the club via letters and discussion held peaceful protests OUTSIDE the ground last season.

If Worthy had been failing for near on 100 games at ANY OTHER CLUB IN ALL FOUR DIVISIONS he would have been sacked by now! (bar maybe Crewe, but where are they...)

IF YOU EXPECT CITY FANS TO IDLY SIT BY WATCHING OUR CLUB TUMBLE DOWN THE LEAGUE THEN YOU ARE VERY MUCH WRONG.

The only sickeningly stuipid part of this affair is the Board putting personal friendships ahead of the future of our club.

[quote]yes kids do want to  get on t.v  .[/quote]

So you''re happy for your kids to think that direct action is a normal and in fact neccesary part of being a football fan ?

Not where I''m from it isn''t.

I also think that this statement was strongly motivated by fear of protests on sunday...if not, surely it would have been kept as a private ultimatum...Delia is nothing if not a populist

rant over.

[/quote]

So triple B, you now resort to personal attacks on me.........................again!, but not content with that, you also attack  carrowroad.net (No, I''m not involved with that friendly site, other than being a poster on there)

Having been on TV a lot, I have no spare time for further media work!, ditto that for radio my friend.

But if I can help drive Worthless out, it will be an honour to do so.

Face it,  he''s finished.

YES I do want my kids to see direct action is right. We live in a democracy, anyone has the right to protest over something they believe in.The protest should be within the law and peaceful, but where would we be if we could not protest? Action sometimes is needed and as long as it is appropriate and brakes no laws should never be discouraged. It is right to stand up for your  beliefs. As season ticket holder I invest in this club and as a fan I love this club. I stood outside the ground with my CHASE OUT banner and have no regrets. I will attend the protest, make my feelings known with pride and with respect. What is so wrong with that? I do not wish to ''be on the telly'' much to old fat and wrinkled, but I do want the club to know how I feel, and you should respect that as I respect you have a right to your opinion.

[quote]Having been on TV a lot, I have no spare time for further media work!, ditto that for radio my friend.

Face it,  he''s finished.[/quote]

The scary thing is, I can''t tell if you''re kidding.

Ok, so you get Worthington out, hunter takes the job, has the same problems to face and in 12 months time we''re pretty much the same mid-table championship outfit we are now.  What will you do ?

Change his name to something silly like Hunted (the same way you do with Worthless ahhaha....yawn), get your mates to set up www.hunterout.co.uk and we start this ugly dance all over again ?  And all the time you maintain your precious profile with attention seeking stunts ?

You really are inspiring.

OK, BBB

Please explain once again what it is about the current manager that you are so keen to keep?

Or do you just want him to stay for the sake of it because "stability is good"

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Having been on TV a lot, I have no spare time for further media work!, ditto that for radio my friend.

Face it,  he''s finished.[/quote]

The scary thing is, I can''t tell if you''re kidding.

Ok, so you get Worthington out, hunter takes the job, has the same problems to face and in 12 months time we''re pretty much the same mid-table championship outfit we are now.  What will you do ?

Change his name to something silly like Hunted (the same way you do with Worthless ahhaha....yawn), get your mates to set up www.hunterout.co.uk and we start this ugly dance all over again ?  And all the time you maintain your precious profile with attention seeking stunts ?

You really are inspiring.

[/quote]

At this stage I am 100% convinced you care more about Worthy than you do about NCFC.

I am also pretty convinced that if Worthy gets sacked you will not be posting on this board much.

agreed USA canary.. infact im starting to think Blah3 is Worthys son!

If Worthy gets sacked/walks/whatever i dont think we will ever see Blah3 on here ever again. He is a Worthington fan, not a Norwich fan

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

rant over.

[/quote]

So triple B, you now resort to personal attacks on me.........................again!, but not content with that, you also attack  carrowroad.net (No, I''m not involved with that friendly site, other than being a poster on there)

Having been on TV a lot, I have no spare time for further media work!, ditto that for radio my friend.

Face it,  he''s finished.

[/quote]

I can understand people wanting a change at the helm at Norwich but this sort of stuff makes me puke. What person gets joy from gettting someone sacked, especially a guy like Worthington? He has always seemed like a decent enough chap to me, I do not understand all the vitriol spewed in his direction. We might want a change at the club but i''m not one for singing and dancing on someones grave when they have gone. Have a little respect.

I''ve read this thread through and it pretty much sums up the genuine hurt felt by many loyal and passionate City fans who feel the wool is being pulled over their eyes.

We Norfolk people may sound ''quaint''.......but behind the accent we are very astute and not at all prone to following like sheep (take note Delia and Co.). Enough is enough and some guts need to be shown by those people PRIVILIGED enough to financially own Norwich City.......OUR CLUB.

For Christs'' sake Marty stop coming the old PC stuff about Worthington being a ''decent chap''. We are discussing our beloved football club here, not the corner newsagents shop.

GET HIM OUT!

rant over.

[/quote]

Agreed 100%. No doubt the turn out will be better this time because of the chance to get their faces on TV! No doubt they will set their videos!

USA, I don''t need to explain myself to you or get involved in a p***ing match.  Suffice to say that I care very much about NCFC, get to the games when I can, and have done since the age of 8.

Worthington is only another manager, the nature of the vitriol and the growing culture of protest are the things that worry me far more than whether he stays or goes.  If all it takes is 50 agitators to dictate to the board who manages the club and for how long, then we''ll be back to the bad old days of 10 managers in 8 seasons and complete mediocrity.

I''ll still be posting on here if he goes.