Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

I have a feeling we will enter the weekend managerless

The pressure on Worthy has increased 10 fold now, he is in a "sword of Damocles" Sit-ee-ay-shun. does he sit there and wait for the chop, or does he walk away.

He is probably holding out for a pay off, but surely with the pressure mounting, fans now agitated to the point of abusing him online, and a cauldron like atmosphere expected for Sunday where it could end up Hostile and Vitriolic to Worthy is it really worth sticking around.

Also, his family must be feeling the pressure as well, he has children and im sure word gets round at school etc, they might be hearing some not so nice things about their old Dad which unfortunatly is what children say.

Yesterdays statement shows no confidence in the man, he knows now that he might get a pay out but his reputation has been permanently tarnished by the whole shenanigans so in order to save face and increase his chances of finding work elsewhere he will be knowing that walking away with his head held high will be better than the sack. Lets face it we all work on here, and im surew all of us know what the sack would look like on our records.

Nigel will walk, and will walk this week.

Jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

The pressure on Worthy has increased 10 fold now, he is in a "sword of Damocles" Sit-ee-ay-shun. does he sit there and wait for the chop, or does he walk away.

He is probably holding out for a pay off, but surely with the pressure mounting, fans now agitated to the point of abusing him online, and a cauldron like atmosphere expected for Sunday where it could end up Hostile and Vitriolic to Worthy is it really worth sticking around.

Also, his family must be feeling the pressure as well, he has children and im sure word gets round at school etc, they might be hearing some not so nice things about their old Dad which unfortunatly is what children say.

Yesterdays statement shows no confidence in the man, he knows now that he might get a pay out but his reputation has been permanently tarnished by the whole shenanigans so in order to save face and increase his chances of finding work elsewhere he will be knowing that walking away with his head held high will be better than the sack. Lets face it we all work on here, and im surew all of us know what the sack would look like on our records.

Nigel will walk, and will walk this week.

Jas :)

[/quote]

I hope you are right so he can at least walk away with some dignity and on his own terms.

If it gets ugly on Sunday he will find it tough to get another job, especially as its on TV.

if it was me jas, i''d be long gone - worthy says he loves his job, but given the dire performances last season and now another underperforming run, if he loves the club he should go.  for whatever reason, quality players are consistently underperforming - and sure, they should all take responsibilty, but ultimately the buck stops with the manager.  i wish he had been able to step up a level and manage quality players in the prem and since, but for me it didn''t happen.  as warnock is finding out, its a different ball game.  after last season, i''d rather not have grief at carra rd, with protests and bad feeling - hopefully he''ll go before hand. 

And it''s becoming increasingly obvious to me that some posters hate the manager and love the protests more than the football club [+o(]

It will at least make a change from:

rudderless

hopeless

feckless

reckless

toothless

leaderless

helpless

directionless

couldn''t care less

mindless

witless

and ultimately

winless.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And it''s becoming increasingly obvious to me that some posters hate the manager and love the protests more than the football club [+o(][/quote]

I agree with that.

Constructive critisism is one thing but some people seem to have quite a vendetta towards the manager or board. How someone can state that Worthington doesn''t really give a toss about the club is beyond me, afterall none of these people know him personally - do you?

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]And it''s becoming increasingly obvious to me that some posters hate the manager and love the protests more than the football club [+o(][/quote]

I agree with that.

Constructive critisism is one thing but some people seem to have quite a vendetta towards the manager or board. How someone can state that Worthington doesn''t really give a toss about the club is beyond me, afterall none of these people know him personally - do you?

[/quote]I agree. I can imagine it will be very difficult for him to leave a club he took from the depths of division one, and up into the prem (and back down again). People seem to enjoy making him out to be a monstrous fellow - I guess dehumanising makes him easier to bully.

i keep watching sky sports waiting for the yellow bar to say "worthington quits" but alas it aint gonna happen me thinks!!!

[quote user="Earninho"]Patience my children, please wait until October 7th before casting your judgements.[/quote]

Are you saying that is when Worthy becomes the irish manager as Sanche resigns?

Why that specific date - a international fixture weekend when there are no major club dates and a sat when theclub wouldnt nomally make any announcements and a full week since the last game, the usual catalysts for any dismissals?  At least give us a clue!

[quote user="I. Shurmer"] I agree. I can imagine it will be very difficult for him to leave a club he took from the depths of division one, and up into the prem (and back down again). [/quote]

Haven''t you missed the important bit off here ?

I see no mention of "back to the depths of Division 1"

I seem to recall we were 20th when he took over- if he leaves now he would have advanced us 6 places in 6 years. At that rate I''d have a bus pass to get me to Carrow Road for free next time we hit the Prem!

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="I. Shurmer"] I agree. I can imagine it will be very difficult for him to leave a club he took from the depths of division one, and up into the prem (and back down again). [/quote]

Haven''t you missed the important bit off here ?

I see no mention of "back to the depths of Division 1"

[/quote]

That''s cuz we are not back there. Like I said... recent poor performances on the pitch and abysmal away record are the facts...  so there''s no need to make stuff up!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That''s cuz we are not back there. Like I said... recent poor performances on the pitch and abysmal away record are the facts...  so there''s no need to make stuff up![/quote]

Christ, with Worthy''s record I don''t need "to make stuff up"

20th in Div 1 when he took over, 14th now - I''d hardly call that long term progress.

Besides, the way we''ve been playing, we''ll be envious of 20th in a months time.

[quote user="baldyboy"]i keep watching sky sports waiting for the yellow bar to say "worthington quits" but alas it aint gonna happen me thinks!!![/quote]

LOL  yes me too or click onto the pinkun site to see the same headlines but no god damm it !!!

nutty nigel why do you consider 14th in championship not to be depths of division? we are not pushing for the top are we? but i suppose you are one that says he should be given more time arent you?

if we aqre talking about Worthys progress we could be 22nd by the end of the game sunday, so  from 20th in the leaguie to 22nd 6 years later.

Decline anyone?

jas :)

[quote user="Making Plans"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]That''s cuz we are not back there. Like I said... recent poor performances on the pitch and abysmal away record are the facts...  so there''s no need to make stuff up![/quote]

Christ, with Worthy''s record I don''t need "to make stuff up"

20th in Div 1 when he took over, 14th now - I''d hardly call that long term progress.

Besides, the way we''ve been playing, we''ll be envious of 20th in a months time.

[/quote]

Worthy''s record includes being one of only three managers to win this league.

We haven''t just gone from 20th to 14th in his time here, you''ve obviously been away a while.

If you didn''t "make up" where we will be in a months time please do my lottery this week.

[quote user="baldyboy"]nutty nigel why do you consider 14th in championship not to be depths of division? we are not pushing for the top are we? but i suppose you are one that says he should be given more time arent you?[/quote]

You can suppose what you like baldy.

No I don''t consider 14th in the Championship to be the depths of the division.

No we are not pushing for the top.