Sign in to follow this  
BedsCanary

Rate the Ref - Help Neale Barry get the credit he deserves!

The Reading supporters have already begun slating Neale on ratetheref.com, so I think we should all show our appreciation by commenting on what a great performance he had.

Fixture Comments

"Mr Barry should worry a lot less about the positioning of the mascot (he had him removed from the track around the pitch) and start to concentrate on his own, which was absolutely appalling throughout this game. He was like a five year old trying to play football with men, following the ball as though attached to it and repeatedly getting in the way of the players. I lost count of the number of times he blocked Sidwell and Harper''s runs through the middle. He capped this display with a terrific assist for the Norwich goal. Wrongly positioned on the edge of the area amongst a crowd of players, he blocked a headed clearance from a Reading defender and laid it off perfectly into the path of the Norwich player who volleyed home!

He also needs to learn what playing the advantage means. Forster stumbles through a foul and finds himself clear in a central position 25 yards out, only to be pulled back for a free kick in his favour.

Premiership ref? They can keep him. On this performance he would offend 2nd division supporters. He''s probably cost Reading the playoffs this year. What goes around comes around and he will probably send Norwich back down next year!"
RoyalBlue 12-04-2004 @ 20:59

"Did the ref obstruct the ball?!!!!
He had more touches than most players... including setting up the Norwich goal!!!"
steve286 13-04-2004 @ 06:55

"Extremely bad positioning!!!!! effectively gifting Norwich the goal"
paulr45 13-04-2004 @ 08:57

"I''m really hoping Reading don''t get promoted now - it seems that the worst two ref''s I can remember officiating Reading games in the last ten years were both Premiership refs. (Steve Bennett and Neale Barry). There is not much to be said that hasn''t been said, the Ref should have been nowhere near the ball at the time and cost Reading a point and any chances we had of getting in the play offs in a game we didn''t deserve to lose. Neale Barry you should be ashamed!"
Croydon Royal 13-04-2004 @ 10:19

"An arrogant, incompetent referee with poor positional sense. Needs to be assessed to see whether he should be removed from list."
brian192 13-04-2004 @ 18:40

"Played a blinder"
Marc Wood 13-04-2004 @ 21:55

http://www.ratetheref.co.uk/

oh this is great stuff

don''t know if any of u have read the reading fan''s away guide review on this site after the home match against that showrer this season, but hilarous and sour grapes don''t come into it - couldn''t think of bunch of fans i would rather upset more, except wolves of course!!

i learnt of the referee''s priceless intervention just as i was getting to the plane to new york, to say i made a twat of myself in front of hundreds of people is putting it mildly - singing we are top of the league and all, still what do americans know about football? lol

thanks rainbow for keeping me up to date with proceedings - and with ipswich doing us a favour!!!

now who doesn''t believe - just thought i should ask, after all we did say this was going to be our year if we signed huckerby