Sign in to follow this  
Canary02

Light Relief

Just for a little light relief ...

Favourite Three and Least Favourite Three Away Grounds been to:

Favourite: Portman Road (Nothing beats seeing us win on their patch), Old Trafford (Superb theatre of football), Oakwell, Barnsley (Great atmosphere on the day in truly odd surroundings, part moors, part ginnel-laden Council shacks)

Least Favourite: Selhurst Park (We always play badly and lose, and the ground sucks arse), Molineux (Horrible, horrible fans, route to the station selected specifically with muggings in mind, generally an awful day out), The Walkers Study-them (Library of silence).

sadly boring reply, but you''ve nicked my list. even the reasons!

I''m a definite fan of Oakwell. I''d probably add Maine Road. It seemed so big and compact at the same time, plus I saw us win there.

Least Favourite: Withdean ''Stadium''... You might as well go play in a park on a Sunday. There must be somewhere better nearby? Or just play on the beach... [ip]

Favourite :

Cardiff Millenium Stadium

Villa Park

Highbury (haven''t had an excuse to go to the Emirates yet, unlikely to have one soon...)

Least favourite

St Andrews - Peat bog stuck in Digbeth with miserable brummies screaming at you for not being, well, from Digbeth and offering to take you outside from all angles.

Port Vale - Not so much a stadium as a scaffolding in progress

Britannia Stadium - Force 9 gales from the corner areas of the ground introduce the concept of zero-gravity hoofball.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

Favourites are: Madjeski Stadium, Stadium of Light and Anfield

Least favourites: The Manor Ground (Oxford), Elm Park (Reading) and Grimsby - Showing my age!! 

[/quote]

I''d forgotten the delights of Blundell Park! I was only a kid so the memory probably doesn''t do it full injustice!

Favourites: Southend & Walsall (cheating really, because when I lived locally they were like home grounds to me), Torquay (because I had a great night there in August standing with the home fans, it reminded me what football''s all about) & Tranmere (really nice people when I sat alone in the pub with my pre-match pint & burger). Oops, that''s 4

Least favourites: Palace (for reasons already stated), Highbury (God rest it''s soul) & Liverpool (because I paid good money & couldn''t see all the pitch . . . & we got thrashed) 

Favourite: St James'' Park - quite possibly the highest I''ve been above ground level without being in a plane. If the game got dull you could look at the rest of England... White Hart Lane impressed too.

Least favourite: Selhurst Park - paying nearly £40 to sit in that hole was not value for money, Highbury and Anfield - both over-hyped and a real let-down.

Favourites: 1. Manchester Utd, I thought it was awesome and we drew 2-2 which helped. 2. San Siro, fantastic day out and will never forgot it. 3. Highbury, unspectactular really but we were 2-0 down and won 4-2 in the second half so it forever has a place in my heart.

Worst: 1. Ipswich, it''s a tin shed that should be condemned. 2. Prenton Park, Tranmere. When Polston scored the stand felt like it was moving convincing me it was about to fall down which made me sick. 3. Selhurst Park for much the same reasons stated by other posters, I''ve been six times and never seen us win, I think a 1-1 draw is about the best I''ve seen there.

Favourites:  Highbury, the old Sunderland ground, Roker Park (purely for atmosphere and friendly fans), Walsall (can''t remember the name of ground).  Highbury because have never seen bad game there and some very good, ie Norwich wins!.  Roker Park (relatives of mine were Sunderland ST holders).  Walsall, again a real old school football ground, very welcoming, in stark contrast with their rivals, Wolverhampton.  Welcomed into their supporters'' club also. 

Least Favourites:  Obvious, Portman Road, nothing positive to say about the place except the relatively short walk to train station.  Molineux, hostile in every way, and been threatened with violence on every visit.  Selhurst Park, overpriced cowshed, no view, no atmosphere.

Favourite grounds........Carrow Road.........The Nest............Newmarket Road.

Least favourite........anywhere where we aren''t at home!

Ok, so it''s purile......but well meaning. [:$]

Favourites: Millenium Stadium - still beats me why we couldn''t have one of those as our national stadium, Pride Park, helped a lot by the fact we won 4-0 when I went and good old Gresty Road - but then I would say that, wouldn''t I?

Least favourites: Boundary Park, quite possible the coldest place in England, even in May; Goodison Park - the Bullens Road stand should have been knocked down years ago; Kenilworth Road - just what are those beach huts about anyway?

best, West Ham, Millenium and Man U (and of course carrow road)

worst, Grimsby (dump), Huddersfield (over rate, no atmos), Port Vale (just crap), possibly Everton if you sit under the big stand, i.e. no natural daylight. I also think the new Leicester one is dull.

Favourites: City of Manchester I thought it was one of the best grounds in the country, Millenium Stadium best atmosphere I''ve ever heard and seen at a football match, and for some reason I always like going to White Hart Lane

Least favourites: Kenilworth Road, Luton how this place is still open I''ll never know, Rotherham, had half a stand and old school teaching mobiles in the corner great game though (4-4), I know people have said St. James'' Park as a favourite but I hated it, it was like watching Football Manager with little dots running around plus I think 20 or so flights of stairs to get up there although atmosphere was very good, Coventry''s new one it''s like a UFO has just landed in the middle of a field no pub no nothing crap home fans

FAV 3

1. Liverpool - The Anfield experience was great.
  2. MAN UTD - Unfortunately Not for a Norwich match. Great ground but bloody expensive.
  3. Derby- A strange choice, but a smart ground, good seat,and we were 4-0 on 1 of my visits.

Cardiff Millenium Stadium, isnt really an away ground but a very good one!

Worst 3 (plus a few more)

1. Crystal Palace - The horrors of Selhurst park. Getting there etc!
  2. Wallsall - the Bescot is hardly anfield. It is a shed made better by the best performance ithink i''ve seen by city.
  3. Crewe - Another Shed
  4. Rotherham - Been there twice and it doesnt get better. Another shed.
  5. MK DONS - Standing outside on a makeshift stand. Every time everyone stood up you thought it was going to collapse
  6. The Old Oxford ground - SHIT - Back in the dayd when we were worse than we are now.
  7. Fulham before the revamp. We got there late, already losing and stood on the conce#rete outdoor terrace
  8. Also Port vale and Burnley, (the reason - the game got called off)

It makes you realise how lucky we are at Carrow Road.

favourits  1 san siro  great 2 days out  .2 old trafford  very nice ground  3 newcastle

least fav   grimbys  that bloody cold wind   2 luton   blogs smell   3 selhurst park its a ripe off going there. 4 portloo rd  no fans  crap food  & a crap stewards

Favourites are:    Carrow Road - of course!!

Ricoh Arena - awesome stadium

Stadium of Light - saw us win the league there - fantastic memories

Least Favourites: Birmingham - difficult to find, miserable stewards and unhelpful fans!

Swindon - years ago - stand uncovered and got soaked

MK Dons - need I say more - not fit to be a football stadium for the simple reason - it''s a hockey stadium

Favourites:

Pride Park (Bet stadium in the country IMO, puts some in the prem to shame!) Millenium Stadium, White Hart Lane

Least Faves

Grimsby (surely the worst Stadium in England? even Dereham Wanderers have better Facilities), Elm Park (former home of Reading.. the toilets were horse troughs in a Shed!) Smellhurst park!

jas :)

I forgot to say that Portsmouth is a sh*t hole, pay that much to get soaked to the skin! haven''t they invented the roof in that part of Hampshire yet? oh yes they have and there''re testing it over the 3 stands full of the home fans, great.

i''m surprised no-one''s mentioned the portsmouth ground. pretty lame for a premiership ground, really. no roof on the away fans section and the rain gave me the flu on new years day 2005. the refreshments area is just a flight of stairs where everyone just hangs around dangerously.