Sign in to follow this  
JC

Richard Balls...

I think his piece in the Evening news is spot on.  He hits every nail on the head.  Well done.

did you ever stop and think that he may actually read the message boards regularlt to pick up on the ''popular'' viewpoint. Hardly rocket science for someone in his position to want to appease the vitriolic ones of which he is clearly a ringleader.

And it is perhaps not a coincidence that he has become part of the EN team which has been so significantly changed this season as to reflect an altogether more agressive line in its reporting of all things NCFC. Having witnessed so many other reporters at the ''paper recieve their marching orders for failing to appease the editors, and to a greater or lesser extent the readers, is toeing the party line.

Balls is a wanabee sports writer! The''Voice of the People''. Of course most of his rants through his column are populists because if they were''nt, he wouldn.t be a writer.

However, check his angle for each piece, review the message boards for that week and perhaps even each one of us, could have written them, perhaps with less eloquent language, but none the less, the sentiment would be alike. I leave you to consider.

Archant kept the truly awful and obsequious Waghorn going well past his sell-by date (sorry, Archant, but it''s true!). What makes you think that they''ll make an incisive writer like Balls their premier football journalist? 

[quote user="LinkNR9"]Archant kept the truly awful and obsequious Waghorn going well past his sell-by date (sorry, Archant, but it''s true!). What makes you think that they''ll make an incisive writer like Balls their premier football journalist? [/quote]

People enjoy reading articles that reflect their own viewpoint, it adds strength to their arguments if they can quote newspaper articles to back them up. One mans "incisive writer" is another mans "reactionary scribe". Likewise with an obsequious one that''s past his sell-by date.

I bet we could play a little game on here and try and guess which Posters enjoy reading which Journo''s.

My favourite is CJF [:O][sn][au][8-|]

I have no doubt he reads this board (hello Richard).  Did you ever stop to think that maybe he is also a fan who is saying what he thinks, and it just happens to be what the vast majority now think, rather than a career-hungry wannabee.  Whatever the truth, I merely said I agreed with the content, and do not really care about his personal motives, and have no interest in being left to consider anything!

[quote user="rocky marshall"]did you ever stop and think that he may actually read the message boards regularlt to pick up on the ''popular'' viewpoint. Hardly rocket science for someone in his position to want to appease the vitriolic ones of which he is clearly a ringleader. And it is perhaps not a coincidence that he has become part of the EN team which has been so significantly changed this season as to reflect an altogether more agressive line in its reporting of all things NCFC. Having witnessed so many other reporters at the ''paper recieve their marching orders for failing to appease the editors, and to a greater or lesser extent the readers, is toeing the party line. Balls is a wanabee sports writer! The''Voice of the People''. Of course most of his rants through his column are populists because if they were''nt, he wouldn.t be a writer. However, check his angle for each piece, review the message boards for that week and perhaps even each one of us, could have written them, perhaps with less eloquent language, but none the less, the sentiment would be alike. I leave you to consider.[/quote]

[quote user="rocky marshall"]did you ever stop and think that he may actually read the message boards regularlt to pick up on the ''popular'' viewpoint. Hardly rocket science for someone in his position to want to appease the vitriolic ones of which he is clearly a ringleader. And it is perhaps not a coincidence that he has become part of the EN team which has been so significantly changed this season as to reflect an altogether more agressive line in its reporting of all things NCFC. Having witnessed so many other reporters at the ''paper recieve their marching orders for failing to appease the editors, and to a greater or lesser extent the readers, is toeing the party line. Balls is a wanabee sports writer! The''Voice of the People''. Of course most of his rants through his column are populists because if they were''nt, he wouldn.t be a writer. However, check his angle for each piece, review the message boards for that week and perhaps even each one of us, could have written them, perhaps with less eloquent language, but none the less, the sentiment would be alike. I leave you to consider.[/quote]Its the popular opinion because its the majority opinion. The vast majority of Norwich city fans want change. Why should Balls not reflect this? RIts about time the minority opinion held less sway. .