Whatever else we may think of him, you have to admit that Worthy is pretty thick-skinned. From today''s press conference, he knows full well where public opion is at, yet he''s prepared to face it full on. Does he really believe inside that he can turn things around? Even if he could on the pitch, does he really think he can turn the fans around? And if he can''t, who''d want to continue in those circumstances? Why would you want to stick around where you''re so clearly not wanted by the fans? Is it really just so he gets his contract paid up (by waiting until he eventually gets pushed, rather than jumping?). Incredible.

Its exactly the same thing that happened at Blackpool.  He was hounded out after taking them from just behind the play-offs to the relegation zone during his tenure. (They did actually get relegated that season as the new manager, Steve McMahon, was unable to turn it around - I beleive they got promoted the following season via the play-offs but don''t quote me on that)

He does have a very thick skin indeed.  He reminds me of Margeret Thatcher in that he seems very focused on what he wants to do and when he thinks he is right he will stick to his guns.  When he is right it makes him appear confident in his abilities and strong minded.  When his wrong it makes him appear pig-headed, stubborn and unable to accept other options.

It''s all quite unsightly at the moment isn''t it? All the statement seems to have done is make the situation far worse. Somewhere between backing him and sacking him. i.e. hung out dry.

As a side issue, reading Worthy''s press conference quotes it seems a real shame that the players are being sent out on Sunday to ignore the fans, in other words the stadium they''re playing in and the club they''re playing for, and play for themselves. Surely we''re in a really bad place when things get to this stage...

He reminds me of Ian Paisley........reverential and full of hot air.

Great insight stated about his Blackpool debacle.......who will be next I wonder? Carlton Palmer?

[quote user="Amarillo"] Why would you want to stick around where you''re so clearly not wanted by the fans? Is it really just so he gets his contract paid up (by waiting until he eventually gets pushed, rather than jumping?). Incredible.[/quote]

For half the money at stake I''d happily take on all those who want Worthy out in a bareknuckle cage fight with weapons, one on one or all onto one you choose.....

Don''t think there''s a single person on this board would walk away from a potential payday of hundreds of thousands of pounds just because of a bit of verbal, would you?

Not so much a case of thick skinned as showing where his true alliegances lie.........

What''s best for NCFC or whats best for NW.

Worthy out BTW.

True, he doesn''t have allegiances, he has a job. And which one of us would quit our jobs if we weren''t doing very well "for the good of the company"? I don''t think there''s anything to be gained by slinging insults at him though - I may agree that he''s not performing and not getting results and should go, and that some decisions have been wrong, but I don''t think we should sink to the level of just throwing insults at him. I still think he''s a decent guy and deserves respect, which is really why it would be better if he quit and kept his dignity intact. Because I think his dignity is going to be put to the sword on Sunday, and that''s not nice to see.

[quote user="Amarillo"]Whatever else we may think of him, you have to admit that Worthy is pretty thick-skinned. From today''s press conference, he knows full well where public opion is at, yet he''s prepared to face it full on. Does he really believe inside that he can turn things around? Even if he could on the pitch, does he really think he can turn the fans around? And if he can''t, who''d want to continue in those circumstances? Why would you want to stick around where you''re so clearly not wanted by the fans? Is it really just so he gets his contract paid up (by waiting until he eventually gets pushed, rather than jumping?). Incredible.[/quote]

Most of us would put up with a lot of abuse for a reported £800,000!

Besides, so much of the criticism is so out of touch with reality that he can probably buffer himself with that! The margin between success and failure is often very narrow and I''m sure there''s part of him that believes he can turn it round.

Cue "FACT - we have not won an away games since 1723!" etc

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

Cue "FACT - we have not won an away games since 1723!" etc

[/quote]

Cue "FACT - he sent Blackpool into a downward spiral after which they got relegated.

Cue "FACT - 14th position 4 points off the bottom despite no pressure being on his job."

He will be gone soon, hopefully on sunday; removed by fan pressure. Our board would not sack him otherwise.  Jobs for friends.  PATHETIC

I take your point and it does seem a bit heavy aiming arrows at Worthington, but the truth is the man has clung onto something for his own self interest. He obviously doesn''t give a toss about the fans who have to endure his torture techniques at great expense each matchday.......did he not say as much last time he was under pressure?

He is sadly not a likeable character......just grey like the old Spitting Image puppet of John Major. No charisma.....no dynamism. Fans want to see energy and passion in their manager, not the Sven Goran Eriksson school image that he portrays. The players too get complacent and dull when led by such a character.

He must go....and go no matter what happens in the next two games. The good players will flourish when he has gone........and the crap ones will be shown the door.

Well that''s a squad of three left then!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Jobs for friends.  PATHETIC

[/quote]So appointing Curbishbley would be pathetic then?

[quote]but the truth is the man has clung onto something for his own self interest.[/quote]

Ok cluck.  here''s 800,000 pounds, and you''ll get this money if you put up with 180 minutes of abuse from people who should know better, but because they "love their team" they can get away with dehumanising someone.

Do you take the abuse, which will mainly be on message boards you don''t read, or drowned out by the indifference of the QPR faithfull ?

By making their statement, the board have hung him out to dry in the hope that he walks. If it comes down to a mutual agreement or a sacking, I for one hope it costs them the price of the contract they agreed with him, anything else would be a dishonest use of public opinion to save money.

Such a message board is to enable those normally without a voice to vent their feelings. I doubt if anybody other than supporters knows it exists in truth.

Everyone is entitled to a view and rather than hide securely behind my computer screen I would say much the same to his face. He has clung on in a sad and embarrassing manner to the detriment of MY club. I don''t give a toss about compensation or what goes on ''upstairs''. I just want to see a team of 100 percenters giving their all.

Silverware isn''t everything as I have said before.....nor is winning, but I''m sick and tired of watching a hapless bunch of players going nowhere led by a bloke who just can''t see his limitations.

He should have gone half way through the Premiership season when it became apparent he was literally ''out of his league''..........maybe we might still be there now?