Sign in to follow this  
CanaryYellow

Premiership Football - The Maths!

Its official reading is the worst place to park in the world! I missed both goal when we beat them 2-0 last season and took 50 minutes to park yesterday. The Stadium is great though, but the view from behind the goal makes the pitch look short. Anyway after yesterdays results we found ourselves 2 points clear of 2nd and 11 points clear of 3rd - I now really believe we are going up! Even more than when Iwan scored in extra time at Cardiff - only a Sooty penalty could lose it for us now and here''s why:

We can only be over taken by WBA and Sunderland and they have to play each other! So taking the current league postions and assume the game between them is won by a single goal here is what we''d need to do to go up....

pld gd pts max
Nor 41 32 82 97

The baggies win:

pld gd pts max
WBA 42 26 83 95
Sun 41 18 71 86

Then due to our superior goal difference the Canaries would only need 4 points from 5 games to be assured a spot in the top flight - Or 3 if they come against Sunderland. Or a point some where else and a draw at the black cats!

A draw:

pld gd pts max
WBA 42 25 81 93
Sun 41 19 72 87

I recon this is the best possible result - It keeps both teams behind us and gives us a game in hand over the baggies. Two wins would take us up or one if it came at the stadium of light.

The black cats win:

pld gd pts max
WBA 42 24 80 92
Sun 41 20 74 89

Not as bad as it looks - it keeps both teams behind us and gives us a game in hand over the Baggies. Top of the league and having a laugh!

With this game happening on Sunday after we entertain Walsall at home, a win for us could put us in a prime position with a defeat or draw for the Black cats meaning we could go up without playing again as they play Palace midweek and a further defeat puts us up!

I mite be wrong on this but I think if sunderland beat W.Brom and we beat walsall that would put us 5points clear, then if west brom win their next game and we beat watford we''d still be 5points clear of 2nd. Then we''d only need 1 win from the last 3 games to win the title aswell because after the preston game (4 us) west brom would be 5points behind and only have 1 game left...

Over ambitious...?