Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Why do people hate Worthy?

OK.. The majority of us want him gone, believing that he has taken the club as far as he can and that we need a change. Current performances on the pitch plus the abysmal away record over the last two and a bit seasons are indisputable reasons for this.

But where does the hate come from??? There is a poster on here with the username something like "love the club just hate the manager" (nothing personal who ever you are). When I followed the link on here about the red cards I looked on the worthyout message board and there was a guy trying to impress his peers saying that he "hated Worthington with every bit of his being"

On this board posters belittle or deny his past achievements. They tell us that they never wanted him appointed in the first place and post as if none of the good things ever happened.

Don''t just label me a worthy apologist or put me into one of your gangs, but please could someone explain where all this hatred comes from?

His arrogant attitude combined with appalling results of recent years infuriates people.

Listening to him interviewed after games infuriates people.

His True Supporters remark turned me against him totally.

In fact whenever he speaks to the press I would guess the people whom hear him like him less and less.

Most supporters recognise his PAST achievements but have also recognised these were a long time ago and that we need a change. A change that would benefit him as well. He has taken us forward from the terrible position we were in under Hamilton but he can not take us further. I personally believe his managemnet ability and motivation level is at mid Championship level. That is fine for some teams but I want more from Norwich.

The hatred comes from those that have a little bit of control freak in them. As much as they care about the situation they are powerless to change it, and rather than accept that, they grow angry and resentful and channel it against the person at the root of their irritance.

Then you have the staunch KTF''ers on the other end of the scale that refuse to say anything negative lest they be forced to consider themself anything less than a perfect "Supporter" and all it''s associated meanings.

Fortunately the majority of us sit in the middle, care about the club, would prefer change and arn''t afraid to admit it, but don''t think that Nigel Worthington is the antichrist, just a man who has lost his way in a profession that churns people up and spits them out on a regular basis.

Im a worthy outer and  ive met the man several times and has been

a totally nice bloke when ive spoke to him so i can say now i dont hate

him . But what riles me and many others is for him to blatantly ignore

the  obvious and try and bull s**t his way out of it  and for

him to say also  he doesnt feel under preesure , then he is a liar

as well . I think deep down he really does wants to leave the club but

he is too stubborn to do so, by staying he is  driving  a

wedge between the fans and delia and if he is as friendly with her and

micheal as we hear then surely  the friendship should come before

keeping his job OTBC

i woill genuinley say i hate the man. From the first performence of his i witnessed { a 1-0 boring win against gillingham, and my fellow barclay friends will confirm i took an instant dislike to him}to hopefully his last on sunday. The first game was no different to the last couple of years-boring after match conference about positives etc. Highlights including the play off final { yes i will accept he got us there} where he made a tactical error in making a subsitution while defending a set piece, something i was told from the age of 6 to my days playing for fakenham is a no no { it causes confusing amongst marking}, allowing horfield to score as a result.The dreadful premiership season which we were constantly told we were only a small club and are enjoying the experience { funny that same small club managed to turn over bayern munich 10 years earlier}. The ridiclous amount of loan signings, the lack of qual;ity players with the odd exception brought in- chris suttons too old so why dion? The lack of respect to the fans { on hearing moaning last year we were told we had short memorys}. Yes he got us promoted and i dont want to take that away but the bloke got crouch, hucks and harper in and it paid off-now he thinks all he needs to do is bring in loan signings, and it pains me to say this but that year there wasnt really anyone with a squad anywhere near ours. But my absoloute highlight has to be the 6-0 defeat to fulham. No other team that has been fighting to stay up at the end of the season and put in a more emotionless pathetic performence that made me so ashamed. Now you can call me an idiot for hating the man but ive never hid it and never will, in my years supporting norwich i have neverjeered a manager untill this clown came to town- and that nigel is a positive-WORTHY OUT!!!!!!!!

It''s not hatred. If (and I still believe Delia''s prayers may yet be answered) and when he goes people will start remembering the good times (ehhh! oh yes I remember - beating Man Utd at home). No doubt loads of people will start to feel sorry for him.

The main reason he is so unpopular (that''s the right word) is that he is totally incapable of handling the media. They don''t even need to trip him up - he falls over his own laces everytime he opens his mouth. His ridiculous comments about the fans opinions not being relevant, loyal supporters, not feeling under any pressure, passion, Roy, passion etc.

David Coleman used to open his mouth and put his foot in it. This guy bites his toenails by comparison. I blame others in the club who are more media savvy like Andrew "very quiet since the season ticket money was banked" Cullum. He should have been taken to one side and taught how to handle the sit - u - a - shun or keep quiet.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"]

[quote user="Marty"]some people do seem rather hate filled![/quote]

Marty, I have to say I''m really enjoying keeping abreast of your views 

[/quote]

It seems more people enjoy keeping "abreast" of my views rather than getting to the "bottom" of the issues - if you know what i''m saying!

[quote user="andy laz"]Im a worthy outer and  ive met the man several times and has been a totally nice bloke when ive spoke to him so i can say now i dont hate him . But what riles me and many others is for him to blatantly ignore the  obvious and try and bull s**t his way out of it  and for him to say also  he doesnt feel under preesure , then he is a liar as well . I think deep down he really does wants to leave the club but he is too stubborn to do so, by staying he is  driving  a wedge between the fans and delia and if he is as friendly with her and micheal as we hear then surely  the friendship should come before keeping his job OTBC
[/quote]

I don’t mind his explanations for our recent underachievement. He gets asked questions and part of his job is to answer them in a positive manner. The 5 - 1 Barnsley result being a false reflection of our team is the funniest excuse iv ever heard from him. Though his right about us getting carried away after that result. We should have remembered the 1 and half seasons of slow decline before then. 

Anyway, I digress. I have no problem with Worthy at all because it is not his responsibility to sack himself. The man has a mortgage to pay.

The board have taken a step in making his position untenable but they need to have the guts to go through with it and change the management of the club (I include Doncaster in this who has to take some of the blame for our awful transfer activity and lack of business acumen when we were in the Premiership).

I doubt if anyone actually hates him as a person.....but he is mucking about with something we were all brought up to love......OUR football club. It is personal and akin to somebody mauling our wife/husband in front of us and we can''t do anything to stop it.......

Mind you, anyone mauling my wife is Captain Courageous in my view.......

There are a few people who hate him personally, but not many.

Many of those who are working themselves into a frenzy can''t wait for him to go because they believe that everything will somehow be all right once he''s gone, we''ll be challenging for promotion and back in the Premiership "where we belong" in no time at all.

Oh boy have you got an unpleasant surprise in store.  Be careful what you wish for.

jan  kristiansen , wrote ," the man has a morgage to pay " no he does''nt , at 7 50 K a year .( i live not to far from him ,thats the last thing he needs)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

remember a day spent out of norfolk is a day wasted . 6 out of 47 says it all

It''s interesting that those who quite happily called him a c*** and thought nothing of it - even before he made any so-called insults -  are so offended by a lame comment (''true supporters'') that they don''t even know was directed at them. Muppets.

Bet they hate me now too.

I want him to go but do not hate him.  Some of the stuff coming out of certain areas is just a bit too personal.  There are people who are just getting a kick out of being nasty and are trying to put themselves in the spotlight.

I don''t hate Worthy. I am grateful for the achievements he has had at Norwich but no longer believe he is the man to lead Norwich forward and have lost all respect for him due to his media comments, the bulls*#t he spouts and his poor treatment of the fans! I just hope he does the decent thing and walks, but I don''t think there''s a chance in hell of him doing that while he''s got the security of his rolling contract and would have to forego compensation!