Sign in to follow this  
Mark Sugar

You were lucky

From a Reading Fan

I thought you were very very lucky and fortunate to come away with a win yesterday.You didn''t deserve to lose but didn''t deserve to win.That result is a major blow from our point of view and I think its the final nail in the coffin in terms of our aspirations for the Playoffs.Looks like we shall have to regroup and try again next season.

Thought your fans were phnonminal.I got into the ground at round 16:20 and never seen so many away fans in the ground at that stage.Never seen so many away coaches as well.

Our turn out was poor as it was on the TV.Shame some of those "glory" supporters couldn''t come and cheers us on.

I really rate your team.The spine is very impressive with Green Mackay Francis Holt and the strikers.

Visit my Reading FC website if you want which is www.1871royals.co.uk

But good luck next season in the Prem.Only time I won''t be cheering you on is against my Prem side Charlton

Thanks Mark for your comments and good wishes, we also wish your teams Reading and Charlton good luck for next season.

Your ''prem side''??!!! What does that mean? I was always under the impression I was supposed to support 1 team, i didn''t realise I had to pick 1 in each division. Its ok though I''ll rectify it for next season. hmmmm who shall be my prem side???? how about those chaps that play in green and yellow! oh know thats right i''d support them whatever division they were in!!

Fair play for your kind words bout ou support though, good luck for next season, charlton might even be your ''european side''

I have a Premiership side who I like to do well.Charlton are a model club for clubs like us and you guys,West Brom,Wolves.

Unlike most of the "big-heads" in the Premiership,they are a top club.

Yeah we were lucky but Mullers still had to do the hard work! Could u not say that Dean Gordon should of dealt with it better? Good luck for the rest of the season as your not a bad team with a great stadium. Cheers for noticing our support, i dont think people realise how well supported we are! Did you know we took 7500 to palace?

Svenssons Quiff

Ps

Can we have sidwell off of you??

Mark, take heart from our play off oddysey in 2002. We were about 12th with 8 to go that season and were outside of the top six from about January to the final day of the season when we sneaked into sixth courtesy of a GD just 1 better than seventh placed Burnley!

It''s even tighter in there now so anyone down to yourselves in 10th could still make the top 6. They say 76 is nearly always enough to make the play offs but i reckon 74 might be enough this season. Equally, most of us think about 86 might be enough for the top 2 when normally it''s more like 89.

Cheers Mark, as you said a draw would probably have been a fair result. I would like to say that whenever I have been to Reading there has always been a good welcome for the away fans and I wonder if (apart from the easy road access) thats why you get such good away attendance.