Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Thank You Nigel

[quote user="Mook"]

Doesn''t change what he did for us, CJF.

And this thread is supposed to be about the good things. That''s the point you (and others) seem to be missing. We''ve had 6 months of everything that is bad about NW, this ONE thread was supposed to be a thank you for the good times.

Oh, and as if you would "honourably" walk away from a couple of hundred grand...

[/quote]

If I cared about the club and was on his wage - yes I could, I would not want to be responsible for sending Norwich City down to the first division. He made a statement on that Sunday to the effect of Yes I realise my time is up and I am not performing for the club anymore but you are going to have to either sack me or get relegated with my team.

Good Riddance... 

Lets see how long you last with a less forgiving club elsewhere...

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Mook"]

Doesn''t change what he did for us, CJF.

And this thread is supposed to be about the good things. That''s the point you (and others) seem to be missing. We''ve had 6 months of everything that is bad about NW, this ONE thread was supposed to be a thank you for the good times.

Oh, and as if you would "honourably" walk away from a couple of hundred grand...

[/quote]

If I cared about the club and was on his wage - yes I could, I would not want to be responsible for sending Norwich City down to the first division. He made a statement on that Sunday to the effect of Yes I realise my time is up and I am not performing for the club anymore but you are going to have to either sack me or get relegated with my team.

Good Riddance... 

Lets see how long you last with a less forgiving club elsewhere...

[/quote]

We would all be interested to see how he gets on with his next club, but if all the stuff you have said about him is true then he will never get another club. Surely any decent Board would check him out and see through him the way you do CJF?  [8-|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

We would all be interested to see how he gets on with his next club, but if all the stuff you have said about him is true then he will never get another club. Surely any decent Board would check him out and see through him the way you do CJF?  [8-|]

[/quote]

Newcastle Hired Graeme Souness.  But I guess they do not have a decent board. I''m sure he will get another club - maybe he will do a Robson and make it 3 relegations in 3.

Lets hope he hasnt sent us nosediving into the first division.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Newcastle Hired Graeme Souness.  But I guess they do not have a decent board. I''m sure he will get another club - maybe he will do a Robson and make it 3 relegations in 3.

Lets hope he hasnt sent us nosediving into the first division.

[/quote]

We''ll see!

We really should leave this alone now! But we can''t resaist... can we?? [8-|]

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="theolster"]To Marty and NuttyNigel- i am not like some on here, when the horse is put down say how great it was-i stand by what i said before he was sacked and have the same opinion after unlike all those on this thread who have slagged him off and now they have got rid of him are praising the guy, very 2 faced people on here,. everyone on here praising him after calling for his head have not a clue.hang your heads in shame.[/quote]

I certainly don''t come under the "two faced" catagory!

[/quote]

What the fuck is two faced about appreciating the good times that were brought to the club and the great memories (both good & bad) that will never be forgotten under Nigel?

The only two faced comment that I have witnessed was Delia’s “whichever club gets Nigel as their next manager will be a very lucky club indeed, because Nigel is a great manager.”  Surely an ill-advised statement to make less than 24 hours after sacking the guy I’m sure???

Nigel was an average manager that made a few good decisions and got lucky in the early part of his City career but got found wanting when the heat was turned up…

The first signs of this were in the season he took us to Cardiff when he showed that he was tactically inept resulting in us deciding to go on the back foot when 1-0 up with about 29 minutes of extra time to play.  He had a poor season the following year and a few City fans started to get on his back… then he got lucky with the inspired Hucks & Crouchy loans the following year… Bingo, NW was a god in Norfolk for a few months… then the Premiership and the rest is history!!!!

That does not mean that the overall job that Nigel done in his time here was not a good one on the whole (even most of his critics would give him credit where it is due I am sure)…  Like anybody else would do when the going got tough Nigel hung in there to get his pay off (as anybody with an ounce of sense would of done)…

The only people that can be blamed for the predicament City find themselves in today is our short-sighted board of directors…  it is now up to them to get things right…

Just FFS Delia hurry up and get the new man in…  or is it going to take 12months to make that decision too???

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]This turgid threat is proving harder to shift than the man himself...for goodness sake mods, let it die.[/quote]

come on Rode sir, you can do better than that. At least post something interesting... [;)]

(I''m only joshing by the way, before any abuse follows...)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Before the mods let it die ....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A15820580

[/quote]

so what?? one mans poor opinion about Nigel being a nice guy...  whoopee bloody doo, he is still at best an average championship manager, 1st division and premiership failure.

[/quote]

Hi CJF [8-|]

Just thought I would put this here with your poor opinions of him!

So what to all of it cuz we''ll have a new manager soon!

going of on a tangent,when i heard we beat man.u. we had just driven from san fran and entering new york state, when my mate got a text from his kid, whats that, citys beat m.u., which gave me great pleasure him being a united fan