Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Thank You Nigel

Can i be the first to thank Nigel Worthington for the good times he brought to the club, keeping us up, getting us to the play offs, promotion ,the premeirship. There was 4 good years which people need to rmeember, not the past 14 months. He had run out of ideas, he had to go.

But thank you Nigel and Good Luck

To be fair, yes i''ll say thank you but I wish he''d have gone on his own accord!

Good luck on finding a new job!

I certainly have felt for him as he is a hard working honest bloke who''s sadly run out of ideas and today its finally finished. But for 3-4 years we had a great time and supporting Norwich was a very pleasant experience. I''m sure he''ll go on and be a success elsewhere and I wish him luck. Thanks Nigel = )

Thanks and good luck.  Time is a great healer and people will eventually remember the good days.

He had to go, but it was very sad and poignant in the final minutes of the game when he was standing alone on the touchline.

Seconded.The run to the play-off final, and the Championship winning season will be long remembered. As will one or two Premiership moments.But all managers have their lifespan, and in fairness Worthy was allowed to stay much longer than perhaps he should by an overly sympathetic board. And as a result soured those earlier achievements to some extent.Time for Norwich, and Worthington, to move on.

Cheers Nige! A great day out at Cardiff, about my best day ever hearing that we had one the Championship while trekking in Nepal, and beating ManU at Carrow Road.  On the ball city. 

Thanks for the great times, for all you did and tried to do.

I''m ashamed of the way our club treated you at the end, you didn''t deserve that.

Good luck.

we have had some good Memories Nigel and they wont be forgotten, lets all remember Cardiff, Promotion, the Double over the bin men, Beating Man utd... some great days

ok so he stayed past his prime and went stale and it wasnt a way any of us would really have liked it to end for him.. but it didnt work out, and these things happen.

Thank you Worthy!

jas :)

i''ll agree with that.

we should have this as a pinned post.

i really hope people will realise in time that he was a great manager for us, just one who went stale and stayed too long.

We agree - Nigel has been a fantastic servant of the club - he worked wonders for us when we were at rock bottom and got us to the promised land, albiet only for a season.

As a person we have great respect for him - and we hope that he manages to overcome this sad day and move on to success with another club.

Thanks Nigel for all you have done for Norwich City.

Kevin and Sally Miller

He made quite a few mistakes towards the end of his Carrow Road career, but he was to all intents and purposes, a good, loyal manager for Norwich City. I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Thank you Nigel for some great memories :-

keeping us up after we endured that idiot Hamilton

The play off semi`s and Final(Robbo making it 1-0 we were all dreamin :))

The season we won the league (the day Hucks and Crouch signed on loan)

the Premiership (i`ll never forget Middlesboro at home as long as i live)and beating Manure))

Good luck in your next job and in time you will be rembered with great fondness by the City faithfull not for the last 14 months !!!!!!!!

Football, as they say, is a results game. Nigel Worthington’s recent run over the last season or two has not been good. So it’s probably right that he’s gone.

However, the celebrations of the ‘Worthy Out’ brigade should not be allowed to drown out the achievements of the club during his reign.

He brought stability to the club after a rocky period. He took Norwich to the play-off finals and he steered the team to the league championship title.

What will those who clamoured for his sacking say if the club are relegated under his successor?

Nigel Worthington was a loyal servant to Norwich and the city should be grateful for what he achieved during his six years.

Let’s wish him luck for the future.

A decent man who spoke with dignity and warmth both directly after the game and just now on Sky Sports News. He gave NCFC some great times and will hopefully be remembered fondly by most fans. Good luck in the future and hope you find a way back into the game soon.

I would like to say many thanks to nigel worthington for all that he did for our club, with all thats gone on over the last season, and the last 5 league games this season, he has been utterly honourable, and professional in the way he has conducted himself under what must have been extreme pressure. I too would like to wish him all the best for the future, i would also say that there are a few norwich city players who should take a long hard look at themselves and ask themselves if they are worthy of wearing the norwich city shirt, because they are responsible for getting mr worthington sacked, they should hang their heads in shame.

yeah good luck, thanks for your efforts, shame it had to end like this but I guess that is the nature of football. I think Nigel is a thouroughly decent guy and hope he gets a job somewhere else.

Your spell with the club turned me from a half-arsed semi-supporting teen, into a fully fledged supporter. Thanks for the great times Worthy, Best of luck in the future. The clubs in better shape now then when you joined. Cheers.

I''d like to add my thanks for the work Nigel Worthington has done for Norwich. He was for 4 years as good a manager as we could have hoped for. The final call has been played out very much in the public eye and I for one feel some shame to see the way the axe has been applied. Nigel needed to go but to put the guy under such public pressure rather than dealing with the issue behind doors was poor. Someone needed to support him in his final hour and it turned out to be the opposition manager rather than anyone from our own club. That was a credit to Cotteril and a damning reflection of our supposed ''togetherness''.

I think we can all definitely say thanks to Worthy for what he has done for the club and his composure and dignified actions this last week and today speak volumes for the man.

It is a pity some of us ''supporters'' (and perhaps some of the players?) did not act with similar actions and I wonder how many are reflecting on the whole situation and asking ourselves if in some cases things went too far?

I hope Nigel does find another good club - he is recognised as being a good manager - as witnessed by Steve Cotterills post match comments today in support of him. 

No-one deserved such an ending from a club like Norwich.

Thankyou Nigel Worthington for your managerial contribution to NCFC over the last 6 seasons.[:|]

Now, is there any chance of you dishin'' the dirt on the hierarchy of this club?[;)]

Thanks Nigel for some great memories - Cardiff, the promotion, the great near-escape from relegation in the Premiership, drama seems to follw you around.  In my opinion more success than failure, given where we were when you took over.

However, it would have been kinder if the board had fired you instead of making the ultimatum, then no-one would have had to go through today.

I would also like to add that i was extremely impressed with the interview he has given sky sports news. It just confirms whta i already believed that Nigel Wortthington is a good, honest manager who perhaps is too nice at times. The way he refued to blame anyone, and praised the fans etc made him appear a true gentlemen.

Once again thank you nigel and good luck.