Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

BURNLEY GAME REVIEW

The performance against Burnley was an absolute disgrace. I don''t know how the hell Worthington could come out and say the players tryed, because there was no effort there whatsoever.

Worthington has to resign now after this performance. His team selection was crap playing Fleming at the back, who simply isn''t good enough, and dropping Shackell was a poor decision. In Shackell we lose a leader. I don''t think Boyle is good enough to play at left back. Because he isn''t very good going forward. Also why wasn''t McVeigh even on the subs bench ? I think the spine of the team was week down the middle, with Fleming at the back and Robinson in central midfield. I don''t think Robinson and Safri is a good combination. If you want to play Robinson I would play him alongside Etuhu. Passe''s went astray. We didn''t create many chances, Burnley were all over us.

I couldn''t believe that he made such a stupid substituition by bringing Thorne and Hughes on. Does Worthington honestly think Hughes and Thorne are going to change the game ?. I MEAN WHY THE HELL DOESN''T HE PUT THE JARVIS BROTHERS IN FOR GOODNESS SAKE.

Also Dion Dublin performance was okay but, I thought he could of done better. This was not neccessarily his fault due to the fact that the service wasn''t the best. I do think he''s a bit slow, a bit like Iwan Roberts.

Worthington has now come to the end of his managerial reign with us. And has done alot for this club. We should remember the good times, like taking us to the Premiership and getting us to the Play-off final. Unfortunately he is not good enough to establish us in the Premiership. But ultimately overall he is nothing more than an average manager, if you view his record on paper. This is because of his continual poor decisions which he has made in his time at the club.

Canary Braveheart, you make all the points about where Norwich went wrong today and I do agree they played extremely poorly. But lets give credit where its due and I thought Burnley looked very good today and made us look a very mediocre side which we are of late.Their finishing couldn''t go wrong (somwhere which we couldn''t go right today) and Steve Cotterill looks to be doing a very good job with the team he has got, I read on the programme that their squad has only got 21 players compared to our 32. And the quality between our squad and Burnley''s is unmistakable, and this is really where Worthington''s lack of ideas have started to show up. We possess, quality wise, one of the best squads in the league and he has failed to do anything with it for the last 2 seasons.

I can now see why Cotterill is being lined up for the West Brom job, and, to me, Burnley looked an extremely solid side today. One that is perfectly capable of the play-offs, the only downfall to this being the size of their squad. I thought today it was more a case of Burnley playing well than us playing awfully, and the scoreline didn''t flatter them one bit.