Sign in to follow this  

Did anyone else take advantage a glorious bet offered by the Bookies on Monday where all Canary Fans just couldn''t lose.

A £20 win double on Sunderland and WBA to win away would pay £130, and if the bet was lost as it was in a big way City would benefit by one or both dropping points.

Although I lost the £20 it was money well spent.

I expect to recoup a proportion on Sunderland V WBA to draw on Sunday.

No but every year in August for the last 6 years my hubby has put a bet on for me for Norwich to win the league,my betting slip is proudly displayed in my kitchen and the odds he got me are 16 - 1,just wish he had been more generous with the stake money!

Every year since relegation [except this one, doe!!] I''ve placed £50 per season on Norwich getting promoted, perhaps I was the jinx all along!!

Place your money on Norwich to win every game.

With our form and current luck I simply can''t see us losing a game. Not even Sunderland away.

During Reading I never once felt like we would let in a goal, even when greeno pulled off that smart save.

Great stories Angel and John! Just goes to show that blind faith (which is what it would have looked like back in August, as i''m sure John will testify!) can pay off! Gutted for you John! And Angel, you deserve every penny and more for showing such faith! Will you get back all nine stakes over the years? Let me think, say a fiver stake, nine years, that''s 45 quid, and you win 80. Hmm, can see how you might wish hubby had put a few hundered on! I remember back in 92/93 i had 20 quid on us winning the prem. I was only 16 at the time and that time i really did get laughed at! I had 33s, the betting slip sat proudly framed on my windowsill! The laughs were gradually replaced with surprise and respect right up to April and John Polston''s late winner against Villa. After which the dream began to fade and a certain Chris Kiwomya stuck a big spanner in the works! That still hurts like the 5-0 for me :( !

John I wonder how many of us have done the same as you. I too always have a bet but for some reason this year I didn''t. It could have been the Neilson/Rivers strikeforce. It could have been lack of ESP not being able to tell that we would loan the players.

On the radio today they said that people born in May are the luckiest. I certainly feel that way and if it means that I can not bet on the team again, I am happy to keep out of the bookies if it helps the team in the future

yup, I took advantage of the 16-1 to win the league before the season - however, I would give up my £50 windfall for assurance now that we go up automatically.

Having said that, it would be so good to leave Ginger nut Megson in 2nd.