Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Why Outers can never lose

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

I can''t think of a manager who is available currently with a record comparable to his, and who would take the job.

[/quote]

WHAT A MANEGR LIKE WORTHY WHO HAS LOST MORE GAMES THAN HE HAS WON IN MANAGEMENT!!!!!

YOU''RE DELUDED BLAHBLAHBLAH

I would say 20 managers in the championship are doing a better job than him at the moment.  Considering the funds he has had to spend.

Magilton/Foley Dream Team Please....

My god - he isnt that good a manager!!!  FACE FACTS 

GARY MEGSON HAS WON 2 CHAMPIONSHIPS AND HE ISN''T THAT GOOD A MANAGER EITHER.  HENCE THE LACK OF PREMIERSHIP INTEREST IN HIM. OR UNSURPRISINGLY LACK OF ANY INTEREST AT ALL (MUCHLIKE WORTHY).......

[/quote]

Sorry to but in but...

I don''t think Gary Megson has won ANY championships![8-)]

To think I said you was my fav journo!!! [;)] [8-|]

[quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

A better manager with a better record whom is available?? Um Err   - Gary Megson.

Next

[/quote]

Gary Megson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that what the WO campaign want?

I''m speechless.

[/quote]

blahblah just asked for an available manager with a better track record than worthington. I answered his question.  It happens to be an awful manager. nuff said.

Anyway, whatever the results of the next 2 games....... Delia & Micky & Neil D & the board - will never lose! They''ve covered all there options in a cleverly worded statement........and, we are the true lemmings the size of sheep, if we are to believe all that guff.

I also don''t want us to lose........but I''m curious to see the outcome if we did/do whatever. Personally I think Nigel will still be here in 15 days.

I will be at QPR in a fortnight, and I expect Nigel will be sat stagnating in the dugout - as he was when we capitulated at Loftus Road in the first half last season. This board and Delia plc have really got us over a barrel.

I wonder, if I where to make any ''alleged'' and unsubstantiated statements concerning the "I really know where all the transfer and ''other'' money has gone!" Or, that I reckon that Wahwahwah and the ''majority'' of his fellow ''others'' - are actually club ''meejah'' employees - who get a cut from the moderating crew for antagonising and generating ''debate'' and therefore keeping the Pink''un forum active and busy, busy, busy.......If I did, my unsubstantiated comments/thoughts - would certainly not make this forum - and I certainly wouldn''t get away with it![:#]

Conspiracy theorist Mello, reporting from the ''grassy knoll'' in the Cathedral Lounge bar.........[;)] ;~) 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Getting off the fence"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

A better manager with a better record whom is available?? Um Err   - Gary Megson.

Next

[/quote]

Gary Megson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that what the WO campaign want?

I''m speechless.

[/quote]

blahblah just asked for an available manager with a better track record than worthington. I answered his question.  It happens to be an awful manager. nuff said.

[/quote]

Is that the best you could come up with? So he is the official candidate of the WO party then? Being destructive is easy but you are struggling when it comes to viable alternatives.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

Is that the best you could come up with? So he is the official candidate of the WO party then? Being destructive is easy but you are struggling when it comes to viable alternatives.

[/quote]

Just being devils advocate here but is not being certain to find a better manager a good reason to stick with one who is failing to meet the clubs ambitions?  Better the devil you know?  Just interested......

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Sorry to but in but...

[/quote]

Very true nutty nige! 2 promotions from the top 2 positions. A better record than Worthless. Also his record during his time at blackpool is better than Worthingtion''s reign there (He didnt send them spiralling towards relegation).  Worthy has a better reign here than Megson, but didnt have to put up with being Chase''s puppet and having no cash.

Yes I agree Megson is not a very good manager.  But then again neither is Worthington. Worthington got lucky with his Huckerby purchase, and now even with him in the squad we are useless.

Judge him on the team he builds we were told.... well at the moment he has FAILED MISERABLY

WORTHY OUT

I think CJF made it clear enough, that he chose Megson as an example of a CRAP manager with a better track record than Worthless. In other words, if there are CRAP managers out there with better records than Worthless, there must be GOOD managers around who have better records still. So nobody need have any fears about finding somebody competent when Worthless is finally sacked. You know it makes sense!

blahx3, you are even worrying me, I try to respect all points of view but yours seem so biased. What link to Worthy do you have? Please declare!

[quote user="queen be"]blahx3, you are even worrying me, I try to respect all points of view but yours seem so biased. What link to Worthy do you have? Please declare!
[/quote]

It really is typical that anyone who expresses a point that does not follow the WO orthodoxy on this board has their personal motivations challeneged. Has it never crossed your mind that many fans know from prior experience that sacking a manager often makes things worse.

Now we know that the favoured son of the WO out movement is Megson, it makes us even more fearful for the future.

The favoured son??  This has gone to far.  Blahx3, getting off the fence and middle of the road, either you are spinning for the club, or you are the same person on a wind up.  Nobody could be that STUPID in real life.

I never want our club to lose, but if it means getting rid of a manager who NOBODY ELSE WANTS because they know he is tactically and motivationally suspect, and shutting up the absolute rubbish being spouted by you and others, then so be it.

[quote user="queen be"]blahx3, you are even worrying me, I try to respect all points of view but yours seem so biased. What link to Worthy do you have? Please declare!
[/quote]

It really is typical that anyone who expresses a point that does not follow the WO orthodoxy on this board has their personal motivations challeneged. Has it never crossed your mind that many fans know from prior experience that sacking a manager often makes things worse.

Now we know that the favoured son of the WO out movement is Megson, it makes us even more fearful for the future.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK fair enough but tell us WHY we should keep Worthy?

Honestly, hand on heart, how many other clubs would have sacked Worthy by now. Honest answer.

[/quote]

John Gregory anyone??  lol

Are we17th  now....?  Wow!!  Well done Worthy, you are doing such a good job!!

Irreplaceable is Nigel Worthington, he is such a good manager!!  I am struggling to think that any manager could have this set of players in a worse position! 

Honest answer USA Canary? I suspect that most clubs would have done. This is why I find all the calls for the board to show "guts" so facile. Sacking the manager is the easy thing to do in such circumstances, sticking by him, whether right or wrong is braver.

The replacement issue is an important one. There are some on this board who say that any manager would be better than Worthy. In my opinion this is crass and naive.

The issue of who should replace him exposes the weakness of some of the WO argument. CJF has recommended Megson - enough said! But others are not more revealing.

The user poll identifies Curbishly as a favourite. Now I could be shown to be horribly wrong here, but I really can''t see him coming to Norwich. He was linked to the England job a few months ago, I really can''t see what Norwich would bring him in career terms. It is just fantasy.

Who else? Bowen was second favourite. Could be good but has never been a manager to my knowledge. CJF''s second choice is Mike Newell - firstly, he has a job, secondly, if we win tomorrow we will be above Luton in the table - doesn''t really get the juices running does it?

Where is the perfect solution that all the WO seem to think exists?

errr, so much nonsense to reply to, don''t know where to start !

ok.  Mello - no, not a norwich City or Archant employee.  Although I do rather enjoy lighting the blue touch paper and retiring to a safe distance, so maybe I share a remote inbred ancestor with Delia.

Not the same person as fence or the other fella either.

I don''t expect any sense from anyone until after tomorrows'' procession and panto.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

errr, so much nonsense to reply to, don''t know where to start !

[/quote]

You started is blahx3 with the libellous first post.  And I still don''t know how it was allowed to be submitted. 

No one writes more nonsense than you.

Honest answer USA Canary? I suspect that most clubs would have done. This is why I find all the calls for the board to show "guts" so facile. Sacking the manager is the easy thing to do in such circumstances, sticking by him, whether right or wrong is braver.

The replacement issue is an important one. There are some on this board who say that any manager would be better than Worthy. In my opinion this is crass and naive.

The issue of who should replace him exposes the weakness of some of the WO argument. CJF has recommended Megson - enough said! But others are not more revealing.

The user poll identifies Curbishly as a favourite. Now I could be shown to be horribly wrong here, but I really can''t see him coming to Norwich. He was linked to the England job a few months ago, I really can''t see what Norwich would bring him in career terms. It is just fantasy.

Who else? Bowen was second favourite. Could be good but has never been a manager to my knowledge. CJF''s second choice is Mike Newell - firstly, he has a job, secondly, if we win tomorrow we will be above Luton in the table - doesn''t really get the juices running does it?

Where is the perfect solution that all the WO seem to think exists?

[/quote]

This is where I think you are wrong.

In any business most of the time you sack the employee who is not performing before you find a replacement.

Personally with the resources Worthy has had, i dont see how anybody could do a worse job than he has done over the last 2+ seasons.

BTW you have no clue as to if Curbs would come here. I know Waghorn is claiming he wouldnt but you never know.

I think there are lots of managers who would do a far better job than Worthy.

You scoffed at Newell but when you consider his resouces and the fact he has to sell a lot of his better players he has done agreat job.

Even Fat Joe did a much better job than Worthy last year considering they had to sell all their players and had little money.

Look how their youth product is coming through, another failure under Worthy.

It makes me cringe.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[/quote]

Just being devils advocate here but is not being certain to find a better manager a good reason to stick with one who is failing to meet the clubs ambitions?  Better the devil you know?  Just interested......

[/quote]

But to sack one when the best available (that we stand a chance of geting) is Megson is crazy!!!!! The only other alternatives are unlikely to come to Norwich or are at other clubs.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I have to hand it to whoever came up with the idea of the Outer movement, as a marketing trick, it''s very clever.  You boys can go on forever, and can never lose, because if the manager''s job isn''t under threat, the team must be doing well, right ?

When we start to do well, most of you can just disintegrate into the fan base like you were never anything other than a fan with the clubs'' best interests at heart, all the time dropping a drip feed of negativity into peoples'' heads via message boards and "news sites" like Vital football. 

If we have a bad run of form, you can wait until the next televised match and then come out with all guns blazing.  Placquards, banners, slogans and names to be made for the next time we start to win, making media hay while the sun shines.  Once you''ve captured your images from local news and recorded your soundbites in mp3s to bring in future converts, glorifying the hatred of the manager of the club you claim to love, the club whose interests you claim to serve, you either get what you want this time, or wait for the next bad run of form, and the next televised game.

The best bit about all of this is that it''s universal, and can be done for any manager !  Ok, so it''s Worthington now, but if he goes, how long before you give the next manager the thumbs down ?  And the next ??? 

You get to shunt directors into issuing ultimatums, and if things go badly, possibly even force the club into sacking the manager, without having to do any of the tricky things like actually run the club, or give the club millions of pounds of your own money in loans.  Sure these things aren''t actually your decisions, but you can claim vindication when the inevitable happens, as very few managers retire from a club, they are usually fired.  "It was the fan pressure that sent him packing" is a phrase I expect to get used to if we have a bad couple of weeks on the pitch.

Not only this, you can sell your T-shirts carrying your message for your cult, accept "donations" for your campaign using paypal (it''s ok, they must be a charity), and even sell advertising on places like WorthyOut and Vital Football where you tell people how the club is in turmoil this week, and in the case of WorthyOut, give you a nice safe place to hate the manager with people of a like mind.

Like I say, I take my hat off too you. 

Hatred as a product, who''d have thought ?

[/quote]

Chill out

GOTF - Citizen Journo did not recommend Megson and you are just stirring by repeating that line again and again

It''s been dealt with on other threads - please stop repeating this as though it is a "fact" or as though CJF claimed to say anything on behalf of all those who would like Worthington to go.

With respect to identifying a successor, it has been said elsewhere that Clubs often appoint managers aslready in post at another club - why wouldn''t Mike Newell (for example) think this was a job with more potential than the one at Luton? Bigger gates, "bigger" Club (in historical terms at least), that''s got to be attractive. Other candidates may have other reasons for applying for the job.

One thing''s for sure - IMO - inertia is not an option. NW''s time is up, he''s gone stale and needs a fresh challenge elsewhere for his sake and the for the sake of the fans on both sides of the fence so we can all stop bickering and reunite behind the team and a new manager.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Sorry to but in but...

[/quote]

Very true nutty nige! 2 promotions from the top 2 positions. A better record than Worthless. Also his record during his time at blackpool is better than Worthingtion''s reign there (He didnt send them spiralling towards relegation).  Worthy has a better reign here than Megson, but didnt have to put up with being Chase''s puppet and having no cash.

Yes I agree Megson is not a very good manager.  But then again neither is Worthington. Worthington got lucky with his Huckerby purchase, and now even with him in the squad we are useless.

Judge him on the team he builds we were told.... well at the moment he has FAILED MISERABLY

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]Sorry to but in again but...

Megson hasn''t won any championships! By making out he has and making out that promotions are the same value as championships is just twisting the facts to prove your point. I''m sorry if you think I''m nitpicking and I don''t really want to get involved in this thread apart from the fact that championships are hard to win and I don''t like seeing them devalued. Theres enough of that goes on in the premiership and "Champions" league. [8-|]

What''s wrong with megson anyway? Anyone would be better than the currant clown. megson was a new manager when he was at Norwich and hads learnt a lot since then and at least we would play with players prepared to die for the yellow shirt rather than the currant shower.

i''d take megson instead of worthington anyday

re complaint of this thread first posting

Blah you are a pillock and worse a lying pillock.

You stated in your earlier post the  "Outer movement, as a marketing trick" . You stated this authoritatively as a fact not as a personal opinion. It was a false statement intended to destroy the credibility of the website.  Further you inferred it was seeking donations by implying it was a charity.   T-shirts carrying your message for your cult, accept "donations" for your campaign using paypal (it''s ok, they must be a charity)"

I am concerned that the moderators did not spot this and allowed you and possibly themselves to sail into dangerous waters.

It would appear you have very little knowledge of Internet businesses. I do know one experienced businessman with a wealth of contacts struggling to get, in my opinion, a good commercial site off the ground, has appealed for donations to meet the running costs. Yet you decry a campaign group asking for help from the public who hold the same beliefs, in meeting the cost of banners and posters.  

There is no truth in your comments, in circumstances it is perfectly acceptable that you should be publicly exposed as a liar, inventing what ever you think might cause damage. Why should you receive the courtesy of a private email?

It concerns me that you want to close an avenue where the public can voice their opinions. I assume you must think it is succeeding in its aims to sink so low in your attacks. Freedom of speech is very important, even pillocks like you are entitled to voice their opinions, although I suspect many would wish it less frequently and more thoughtfully. What you cannot do, however, is make false allegations without any foundation whatsoever. Clearly you do not believe your posting as you have subsequently said "It is my opinion that because you and others have invested a large amount of time and money into developing your campaign". You do not see Premium Telephone Line exploiting the campaigners now why should you in the future.

The frustration was there long before the site and it was that very frustration that created the campaign and the web site as a tool for alike to openly communicate. No Chinese whispers. You wish to deny others this opportunity but make liberal use of this site yourself.

I have heard much from both sides, learning much from informed opinion and have said that both sides want the same thing, the best for their club, to watch good football and if possible, to be successful. We can take defeat if it is with honour, if we did our best. Unfortunately, for far too long that has not always been the case and these matters are far more in the hands of the manager with authority than with players who have none. All that is debatable is how we achieve the best and as paying customers we are all entitled voice our views. 

Personally, I want to see an end to the sorry mess that Norwich are in. 

From intention or ignorance your comments were untrue, damaging and libellous and you should now publicly and unconditionally withdraw those remarks

I think the whole thread is a re-hash of hackneyed truisms. There will always be those who see greener grass and those who hang on to hope for too long.

With the benefit of hindsight Worthington''s mistakes are clearly there for all to see. He''s had a good run of nearly six years and it would be a balanced decision if he was sacked.

The players aren''t happy with Worthington and getting Hunter in was a last act of desperation. This would be a good time to say goodbye.

Hunter and Webb should be put in charge until the end of the season, while a successor can be found.

Personally, I''d like to go down the Martin O''Neill route and get someone who''s learned their trade in the lower leagues and achieved promotions. Nigel Clough would make an excellent candidate IMHO.

[quote user="Cyril Z Snodgrass"]

You stated in your earlier post the  "Outer movement, as a marketing trick" . You stated this authoritatively as a fact not as a personal opinion. It was a false statement intended to destroy the credibility of the website.  Further you inferred it was seeking donations by implying it was a charity.   T-shirts carrying your message for your cult, accept "donations" for your campaign using paypal (it''s ok, they must be a charity)"

I am concerned that the moderators did not spot this and allowed you and possibly themselves to sail into dangerous waters.

It would appear you have very little knowledge of Internet businesses. I do know one experienced businessman with a wealth of contacts struggling to get, in my opinion, a good commercial site off the ground, has appealed for donations to meet the running costs. Yet you decry a campaign group asking for help from the public who hold the same beliefs, in meeting the cost of banners and posters.  

There is no truth in your comments, in circumstances it is perfectly acceptable that you should be publicly exposed as a liar, inventing what ever you think might cause damage. Why should you receive the courtesy of a private email?

It concerns me that you want to close an avenue where the public can voice their opinions. I assume you must think it is succeeding in its aims to sink so low in your attacks. Freedom of speech is very important, even pillocks like you are entitled to voice their opinions, although I suspect many would wish it less frequently and more thoughtfully. What you cannot do, however, is make false allegations without any foundation whatsoever. Clearly you do not believe your posting as you have subsequently said "It is my opinion that because you and others have invested a large amount of time and money into developing your campaign". You do not see Premium Telephone Line exploiting the campaigners now why should you in the future.

The frustration was there long before the site and it was that very frustration that created the campaign and the web site as a tool for alike to openly communicate. No Chinese whispers. You wish to deny others this opportunity but make liberal use of this site yourself.

I have heard much from both sides, learning much from informed opinion and have said that both sides want the same thing, the best for their club, to watch good football and if possible, to be successful. We can take defeat if it is with honour, if we did our best. Unfortunately, for far too long that has not always been the case and these matters are far more in the hands of the manager with authority than with players who have none. All that is debatable is how we achieve the best and as paying customers we are all entitled voice our views. 

Personally, I want to see an end to the sorry mess that Norwich are in. 

From intention or ignorance your comments were untrue, damaging and libellous and you should now publicly and unconditionally withdraw those remarks

[/quote]

"Nice One Cyril! Nice one son! Nice one Cyrilllllllll - Let Blahblahblur be-gone!" ;~)

[quote user="Cyril Z Snodgrass"]

[/quote]

Your apology on both the pinkun and the worthyout site has been noted and accepted by Thorny. End of matter

Cyril