Sign in to follow this  
Tom M

Win next 2 and we're up?

Am I correct in saying that if we beat Walsall and Watford then we are guaranteed a top two place?

No

We need 7 points to be mathematically safe.

But with Sunderland playing West Brom next Sunday we could well be up before then

In all probability Tom, yes.

Sunderland could reach 89 points if they win their last six games. But with Sunderland still having to play both West Brom and us it is looking very unlikely. 2 wins and a draw from our last five games would take us to 89 points too - but we still have a better goal difference.

So yes, wins against Walsall and away at Watford could well be enough. Crikey O''Reilly.

And after WBA they have consecutive trips to Palace and Wigan. Which means in all likelihood even four points might be enough, six almost definitely. We only need 7 if Sunderland win all their remaining games.

as u see on my post on ''we could get promoted next wed'' if we beat walsall and west brom beat sunderland then in midweek sunderland have to beat palace (A) or we r up ( not easy as we know!). so it could be that we only need 1 win to go up!
OTBC!!!

To put it another way, if Sunderland lose two of their last
six games and win the other four, we only need to win one
of our last five games to automatically go up.

So let me get my small brain round this. If Sunderland don''t win their games between now and Watford away we only need six points otherwise seven. Does anybody know the exact maths?

If Norwich beat Walsall at home on Saturday and Sunderland lose at home against West Brom on Sunday(on Sky TV) and then lose away to Crystal Palace on Wed night we will need just 1 point against Watford and we''re up.Think I''ve got that right.The real party will be the home game against Preston on May 1st ,24000 fans in green and yellow celebrating,what a day that will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just take each match at a time...right now we need 7 points to be guaranteed promotion. Obviously this could alter after each sequence of matches. All you have to do is work out after each match Sunderland play the maximum points they can get, deduct our current total, and that''s how many points we need :-P

Guys...

Don''t think i''m complaining for a second, but I don''t actually believe we are talking like this. The question of how many wins / points we need to get up....

....to get out of this godforsaken league, after ten years of anonymity, stress, misery and disappointment.

....to finally forget once and for all the Chase demos, the inept performances, the dull 0.0 draws on freezing January nights, the bad signings....

....to finally put the play-off final to bed (I still can''t watch it!)

If someone had told me what was going to happen this season, I wouldn''t have believed them.

And it COULD be by next Wednesday.

I''ve told my fiance to buy champagne, and work that I might not be in for a few days hehehe.

We can''t possibly blow it now could we?

I think it it''s a case of the following -

Just win every match until the end of the season! (and beyond!)

That way we''re guaranteed promotion, guaranteed the champoinship and this will prove to any doubters that Norwich really are the BEST team in the league by being promoted without having to worry about anybody else losing!

Yes, the pressure will be off when it''s mathematically impossible but just keep picking up three points........ that''s all we ask!!

sorry cityangel but u r wrong. if we beat walsall on sat we will be on 85 pts. sunderland can get 89pts. if they lose sunday it will be 86 pts. therefore they have to win on wed or we go up coz they would be able to get 84 pts (draw) or 83 pts (lose).
so the earliest we can go up is wed april 21st.

We already have enough points in my opinion.
Sunderland will not get 83 points as thats 12 from the last six games.
I think they lose or draw at least 3 of the next 4 games.
All 4 teams will be looking for points against them.
Not scoring against the Ipswich defence marks them a team unlikley to catch us on GD.