Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Superb post-sacking interview from Worthy on Sky

Yes I saw it, he was very gracious and complementary about the club. I wish him all the very best in his future career choices.

If your talking about the live interview on sky sports news then you are spot on, he has been given big time grief by us worthy outers but still praised the club and fans and wished the new manager all the luck in the world,he admited that a new face was needed and that he was to blame for the current poor run,  Good luck Nigel you earned some major pride points for that interview.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

Anyone else hear it?

One thing''s for sure, he''s a bigger person than I''ll ever be.

Total respect to the man.

[/quote]True enough but i guess the £800.000 plus payoff cushioned the blow somewhat ,he would have been a bigger man in my eyes had he resigned and not cost this club a big lump of much needed cash.

I was surprised how much time he had to give (and Sky Sports News had to give him), and that he was putting his head up rather than shying away from the press. Do sacked managers usually do that?He didn''t sound bitter. Generous words for the Norwich board, staff, players (fans too probably...).I felt that he knows his hunt for a new job begins straight away, so presentation counts.And I guess he''s taking the positives from the situation., giving credit where it''s due... to coin some phrases.

Not seen it but would like to -have you got a link?

Did think that there''sw no way I could cope with what he was going though with his dignity today made me feel guilty about the amount of personal abuse I''d hurled at him

yeah fair play to him, very dignified. Good of him to praise the club, board, players and fans. Just hope Curbishley was listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you''re saying Vince, but he''s better known and respected in football than we realise.  We are rather insular, after all.  That''s partly why this whole situation has got so out of perspective.  There''s a whole world of football out there . . .

I don''t think he''ll have any trouble getting another job when he''s ready, at a bigger club than Norwich.  It could be a major surprise.

He''s just laughing all the way to the bank with our money that the board let him have! Get rid of the lot of them. We have made a start but it is only the beginning. The WO campaign must continue - this time with the board.

I''ll just miss his unique after-match interview quotes that, across Norflok, have become legendary now.

''The work rate was first-class''

''Can''t fault the players commitment or honesty''

''The lads played their hearts out today''

Many of these quotes were used after losses which, in my eyes, makes them more amusing!

Sorry.....but it was more of the same. Just like his usual post match analysis.......the sky is blue and all the pretty pixies dance in the rain drops.

I can''t be hypocritical........I''m glad he''s gone and the interview was just throwing a hook to future prospective employers..........

The real Worthington was the pre-sacking interview with Roy Waller. Pathetic and anger inducing. Check it.

The post-sacking interview? He''s had a mighty long time to practice it.

Glad that he''ll be taking his small mind and wimpishness elsewere.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The real Worthington was the pre-sacking interview with Roy Waller. Pathetic and anger inducing. Check it.

The post-sacking interview? He''s had a mighty long time to practice it.

Glad that he''ll be taking his small mind and wimpishness elsewere.

OTBC

[/quote]

Did you har it BlyBly?

[quote user="Yellow fever"]He''s just laughing all the way to the bank with our money that the board let him have! Get rid of the lot of them. We have made a start but it is only the beginning. The WO campaign must continue - this time with the board.[/quote]

It''s what''s known as a contract, Fever.

Agree re. the board however.  If we need a change of manager after six years, do we need a change in the boardroom after ten?  At least bring in some new blood.

I agree........just because the board has finally hung Worthy out to dry, we mustn''t lose sight of the weakness shown by them since their reign........or allow them to blind us with a new celebrity manager. We need new blood upstairs to give them a good kick up the backside........Bring on Milan Mandaric!

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="mystic megson"]

Anyone else hear it?

[/quote]

True enough but i guess the £800.000 plus payoff cushioned the blow somewhat ,he would have been a bigger man in my eyes had he resigned and not cost this club a big lump of much needed cash.
[/quote]

Would you seriously walk away from eight hundred thousand nicker?

You''d have to be Paul McCartney or everso slightly retarded to give up that amount of dough.

Seriously, I doubt Worthington cares if he has your respect or not.

could it be anything to do with  his contract being paid up ! if i was sacked from my job and my bosss said  " say nice things about the company and i will pay you for the next year "  then i would agree,  i hope this is not the case but anyway, we now have what we want so thanks nigel and goodbye,  

on the ball city.....

[quote user="barclayendboy"]He would have been a bigger man in my eyes had he resigned and not cost this club a big lump of much needed cash.[/quote]Amen.

Yes, i tohugh Nigel was tremendous in his post sacking interview. He was very dignified and came across as the gentleman, nice guy that he is. It was a good interview from him, much better than usual and he deserves to be respected for that. For someone to be so complimentary about the employers who have just fired him says alot.

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="mystic megson"]

Anyone else hear it?

[/quote]

True enough but i guess the £800.000 plus payoff cushioned the blow somewhat ,he would have been a bigger man in my eyes had he resigned and not cost this club a big lump of much needed cash.
[/quote]

You''d have to be Paul McCartney or everso slightly retarded to give up that amount of dough.

[/quote]

I''m only replying to this thread Shyster to draw attention to your avatar!  Blimey!

[quote user="Web Team - Vince"]I was surprised how much time he had to give (and Sky Sports News had to give him), and that he was putting his head up rather than shying away from the press. Do sacked managers usually do that?

He didn''t sound bitter. Generous words for the Norwich board, staff, players (fans too probably...).

I felt that he knows his hunt for a new job begins straight away, so presentation counts.

And I guess he''s taking the positives from the situation., giving credit where it''s due... to coin some phrases.

And with a chuffin big payoff  I could be magnanimous as well.

[/quote]

[quote user="shyster"][quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="mystic megson"]

Anyone else hear it?

[/quote]True enough but i guess the £800.000 plus payoff cushioned the blow somewhat ,he would have been a bigger man in my eyes had he resigned and not cost this club a big lump of much needed cash.[/quote]

[/quote]I didn,t mean in the sense of losing all his money of course he would have been stupid to have lost that but he could of  resigned saved his own reputation with the fans had a settlement and still been very well off but no he had to be dragged out of carrow road so that he got his full pay. I honestly don''t think he gives a toss about the club or fans only his wallet it''s as blunt as that in my eye''s and i''m glad he is gone now maybe youth will be given more of a chance to flourish .

This is beginning to sound like Fascism. 

[quote user="Yellow fever"]He''s just laughing all the way to the bank with our money that the board let him have! Get rid of the lot of them. We have made a start but it is only the beginning. The WO campaign must continue - this time with the board.[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

This is beginning to sound like Fascism. 

[/quote]

I take it yer a kid and doesn''t know what fascism is....don''t chuck big words about!!