Sign in to follow this  
Middle of the Road

Re: Pathetic protesters trying to damage club jst to get on TV.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

sorry but they have as much right to protest as anyone else tv or not .

why should you be moaning on here about the protestes. 

[/quote]

Only an idiot would think that having protests on national TV is good for the club. I care about NCFC that''s why I moan about it. Protesters don''t - they just want to be on the telly!

Once again we see the lack of an argument against protesting just leading to that old classic "you want to be on the telly".

Give me strength.  The only thing being on the TV will do for me is give me earache from the missus about what I''m wearing and my hair!

Rest assured most of us over 16''s are distinctly not wanting to be on television.

But then again perhaps you only did that post because you wanted to see your name at the top of a thread?

A couple of saps believe the protests are an excuse to be on the box, what about last season publicity was fairly sparse, get real people are only condiering protesting because our Board will not recognise the dire straits the club is in and most people feel a change is necessary and are trying to make a point.

I was on once on TV’s Crimewatch. Fortunately it was a bad photo-fit.

What’s that, a knock at the door?

[quote user="shyster"]

If anything this club is derided by so many because of our lack of protestestation over the years.

[/quote]

If this is anything other than a load of bull, give me an example of people other than WOs who have derided the club becuase of not protesting?

So you haven''t bee aware of any protests that weren''t on TV - says a lot of your attendance then! For your information none of the following featured on television:

The poster campaign at Colney

The posters on the approach roads to Norwich

The after game protests for about 8 games on the trot from a dedicated number

Pre match protests at games last season that were not on TV

No protest at the Sky covered game last season in that run.

Away fans chanting and displaying banners last season after dire performances.

May I make this clear for those of a slow uptake.  We want publicity for the campaign because we want a change of manager. We do not have any issue with players and give them our full support. We would dearly love our great club to win and win in style on Sunday BUT as Delia has apparently put the game in with the issue SHE has reduced our commitment to a win.  I and most of the other long term supporters of the protest are known to the club and do not hide from them but we do not seek publicity be it on TV or elsewhere.  We are not hiding and where people wish to talk openly to us we will talk openly to them.  However we object to anonymous posters aiming vitriolic abuse at us from behind keyboards.

Bravo win or die ....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What a load of old tosh.  There were protests last season - Stoke at home for example.  Why not this season?  Most of us were willing to give Worthy a chance.  Why now?  well we are 14th and heading down the pan as nothing has really changed since last season.  I cant see too many protesting anyway, they don''t work as our inept spineless board aren''t going to sack him anyway.  A horrific atmosphere inside the ground is the only way.  But that all depends on the performance as we don''t have a particuarly passionate fanbase compared to most other clubs.

Middle of the road... says it all really - are you on our clubs Board by any chance?

[quote user="shyster"]

That username you''ve chosen suits you down to the ground.

[/quote]

Several more appropriate user names spring to mind Shyster. I can only think the original post is a wind up. Surely no one could be that ignorant and ill informed in real life. I find the post insulting.

I do not wish to be on the telly, if a camera points in my direction so be it, but I  will not seek it out! It is a shame that you cannot appreciate that we have the right to express our views, amd make them known to the Board through a protest.  We live in a democracy, this is our right. This has nothing to do with the TV, I would have wanted the protest even if this were not a televised game. If you think the other opinion should be heard than there is nothing stopping you from doing the same. Far from being ashamed I am proud to stand up and be counted. We have a differing view, but why does that make you a better supporter than me?  Should I stand by and do nothing while the club I love needs action?I appreciate what Nigel has done in the past, but that is in the past, we must look to the future and while Nigel has done his best he now  needs to go.  I seek a swift end to this sad situation we find ourselves in and I did not find the statement resolved anything, it can be interpreted a number of ways. That is why I will be at the protest Sunday. Regardless of the result, the problem remains. The results up to now still stand and they are not good enough.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="shyster"]

That username you''ve chosen suits you down to the ground.

[/quote]

Several more appropriate user names spring to mind Shyster. I can only think the original post is a wind up. Surely no one could be that ignorant and ill informed in real life. I find the post insulting.

[/quote]unforunately there are users on here whose main interest is to feed off the negative energy their post''s generate - so they deliberately wind up others, sit back and perversely enjoy what ensues.

It will be interesting to see the results of the TV cameras being here. From recollection last year, the first protest, when there were cameras present attracted several hundred protesters. The later ones with no cameras were barely double figures.

With national TV here it is reasonable to assume that there will be a fair proportion of the protesters making "their stance" so that they can point themselves out to their friends on the television.

It is quite touching in many ways, but unfortunate that it is done at the expense of a club that they claim to have affection for.

I''m not protesting, not my bag. But how will it damage the club exactly. What will we get worse, can''t see it. Stop being so dramatic and stop taking it so seriously.

LOL, like our results really suffered because of protests LOL.

If past results are anything to go by then if the supporters booed and protested every week we might win the division! ;-)

MOTR

I am a Worthy Outer as you so politely put it.

We have a ''Use By Date.''

Get Worthless out and we become ''Sack the Board''ers.

Only joking - but there is a lot of truth in jest.

You should try it some day. Ha! Ha!

I am 18 stone approaching 40 years and have had 29 years of watching my beloved Norwich yo-yo between divisions.

I have the club crest tattoed on my left arm and will die for my colours.

Get a life. You won''t fall off the planet if you leave Norfolk!

[quote]

However we object to anonymous posters aiming vitriolic abuse at us from behind keyboards.

[/quote]

Are you kidding?.... Look at the posts in this thread. A large number of them are pure abuse. it''s absolutely typical that instead of arguing your point you just respond with abuse!!!!!

As for missing last years protests - anybody who blinked would have done - except for the first one  that was on the telly too!

It''s all just so you can show off to your mates and point yourself out. When the cameras aren''t here the vast majority of the protesters won''t be either

[quote user="Fastest Canary in the Land"]

MOTR

[/quote]

This is more like the real agenda of the WOs. They have become increasingly critical of the board of late and reckon we should be competing with Chelsea for signings!!!!!!!!

So this is the plan - get rid of Worthy - crticise the replacement - saying the booard were unambitious for not getting Wenger - start a whole new campaign - this time against both the manager and the board.

No doubt there will be more abuse for the WO bully boys but we will see!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="TwoSheds"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

Whats the point in your protests?

We know Worthy will get sacked if things don''t get better - the board have said as much (and they have done  it in the past). You wouldn''t even be doing it if it wasn''t on the telly. You really are childish group of losers just wanting to see you faces on TV!

Anyone over 16 should be ashamed of themselves.

[/quote]

What a numpty you are!

[/quote]

This is a typical example of the reasoned argument that we come to expect from WO. On another post they have they accuse us of being abusive!

whats poster campaign at colney! never saw that reported or mentioned before! and thats anywhere; messageboards written or spoken media!

Can a campaign be designated a campaign when it consists of about 10 posters on roads into norwich! Hardly junk mail levels which i would say is a campaign.

Dedicated number of protesters that dwindled to about 5 or 6 after win, win, win. But i suppose the protesters accept full responsibility for these results as they scored every goal, stopped every attack and made all good (or bad) tactical decisions.

Dont away fans chant anyway about all sorts!

No issues with the players? You''re having a laugh. Perhaps you should read some of the ''player ratings'' to say you have no issues with people performing below a 5/10 rating is indeed blind faith! Or do they not have a brain of their own and cannot make decisions for themselve. From recent post match comments, the players have NOT been following the pre0designated game plan!

So you contradict yourself by saying you Want publicity but you DONT Want publicity. Make your mind up. you seem confused!

I think there should be a ''Triprotestathon.''

The protest should start on cycles on Rouen Road and over the Novi Sad Bridge Cycle Lane to the swimming pool where protesters can go to any lengths pulling any number of strokes before running in a wet towel to the Home Team dressing rooms where the last one gets to whip the wet towel across Dicksons bare buttocks.

Now, that would look good on Sky!

GOTF - joined 23/4/6

MOTR - joined 24/4/6

Both with a penchant for using 5 or 6 exclamation marks - after a sentence separated by a hyphen!!!!!

Both with a four word username

Spooky or what?

As Harry Hill would say, "What are the chances of that happening?"

[quote user="rocky marshall"]whats poster campaign at colney! never saw that reported or mentioned before! and thats anywhere; messageboards written or spoken media! Can a campaign be designated a campaign when it consists of about 10 posters on roads into norwich! Hardly junk mail levels which i would say is a campaign. Dedicated number of protesters that dwindled to about 5 or 6 after win, win, win.                             So you contradict yourself by saying you Want publicity but you DONT Want publicity. Make your mind up. you seem confused![/quote]

No contradiction in what I say and have said over the years (by all means check my posts on any of the Boards)

The posters at Colney were specific and not meant for public consumption hence they were not reported - As I said it was not publicity seeking.

Posters (professionally printed) on the approach roads to Norwich were actually a lot lot more that were put up over 48 hours as a campaign publicity stunt (I never denied that the campaign wanted publicity).  To give the pro-Worthy camp credit or more likely police and council officials the vast majority were taken down quite quickly.

The 5 or 6 that you saw were the dwindling numbers yes and that was as following the much asked for "truce" the majority stopped but maybe a few carried on I can''t comment on who you saw.

I have never said the campaign didn''t want publicity, and I thank the people like you who have kept the publicity going for us.  What I have said is that I personally don''t want my picture on the TV or in the paper.  However I am prepared to talk to Neil Doncaster, Delia Smith, Roger Munby or anyone else to put across the point of view that I and a lot of others have.

For the record I have always thought Nigel Worthington was the wrong choice to succeed Bryan Hamilton.  I give him credit for what he has achieved and equally remain firmly of the belief that we would be better off without him.

If you read my posts you will see that I am prepared to discuss the facts and welcome you doing the same, but you will not win many arguments with ill researched put downs.

Bravo win or die ....

[quote user="Middle of the Road"][quote user="Fastest Canary in the Land"]

MOTR

[/quote]

This is more like the real agenda of the WOs. They have become increasingly critical of the board of late and reckon we should be competing with Chelsea for signings!!!!!!!!

So this is the plan - get rid of Worthy - crticise the replacement - saying the booard were unambitious for not getting Wenger - start a whole new campaign - this time against both the manager and the board.

No doubt there will be more abuse for the WO bully boys but we will see!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Any basis for this conjecture. You do not sound like a middle of the roader to me, very anti - WO. So what do you positively suggest NCFC does until Worthington retires. Mass prayers, stick pins in vodoo dolls or just physically sit on the ball for ninety minutes and go for a draw on every game. Do you have some magic elixir for tired managers or do you fancy the excitement of whether we will face relegation. You certainly are not going to overdose on excitement at many matches. Want to tell you children I remember when Norwich did ........  We want to enjoy good games now not remember past ones. Are we afraid of making mistakes and just going to sit like wimps and fade away. Seize the day.

All the KTF in here will look stupid when over haldf the crowd raise red cards to Worthy today. They pretend that it is only a minority of fans but all my mates want Worthy Out. Today we will show them and it will be brilliant!

I''m glad its on the telly as well as we will have a record of the day to prove how much worthy is hated by all real Norwich fans.

[quote user="jetstream"]GOTF - joined 23/4/6

MOTR - joined 24/4/6

Both with a penchant for using 5 or 6 exclamation marks - after a sentence separated by a hyphen!!!!!

Both with a four word username

Spooky or what?

As Harry Hill would say, "What are the chances of that happening?"[/quote]Well spotted!...If GOTFand MOTR are the same person...well, they both need to get out more...

[quote user="Ron Stella - Fattest Canary in the Land"]

MOTR

We have a ''Use By Date.''

Only joking - but there is a lot of truth in jest.

You should try it some day. Ha! Ha!

I am 18 stone approaching 40 years and have had 29 years of watching my beloved Norwich yo-yo between divisions.

I have the club crest tattoed on my left arm and will die for my colours.

Get a life. You won''t fall off the planet if you leave Norfolk!

[/quote]Funny, Ron, many a true word spoken in jest eh?Shame that your sense of humour isn''t shared by others - the ''Sack The Board''ers are already gathering. To think I was hoping for a little less infighting!