Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

Played the ref

All we are going to hear about over the next few days is how lucky City were to score via an assist from the ref but Mullers still had a lot to do. He had only just got on the pitch and he took it beautifully. Also I think refs owed us one after the past few seasons. Yesterday was the first time I had seen the players celebrate like that at the final whistle and I think they believe they are up now. Happy days.

You''re right Kathy - all the reports I''ve seen or heard refer to "fortunate" or "freak", but Mullers still had to do the business, and he did it in style. Haven''t seen too many references from the Reading mangement, team, or supporters about the penalty we should have had when Hucks was quite clearly shoved over in the box - still, if we''d got it, I suppose that would have been "fortunate" too.

Listening to Five Live in the car on the way home, they had one of their production team in the studio moaning about the "lucky" goal and giving the referee some faint praise for his apology. He thought Reading had dominated the game - form where I sat, they were on top for about 30 minutes in the first half, which they failed to capitalise on, but for the first 15 minutes we were at least their equal, and in the second half, we were hardly out of their half, although we didn''t make many clear cut chances.

How many votes do you think Mr Neale will get for our Player of the Season?

I noticed the celebrations too, similar to when Iwan scored in the play-offs - mass bundle!! I think they knew that it''s all done and dusted with that win bar the shouting! Two wins out of either Walsall, Watford, Preston, Crewe or Sunderland? No worries! And I reckon a win and a draw will do it personally ''cos the (s)mackems next three are seriously tough. They''re sure to drop a few points against WBA and away to Palace and Wigan. All in 8 days.

Ee-i-ee-i-ee-i-o!!

As I suspected Mr Barrie is getting crucified in the press. What was he suppose to do? Teleport out of the way? I think if it hadnt been so near the end of the game he would have given Reading a dodgy penalty. Fortunately for us there wasnt time. I thought Steve Coppell took it with good grace though. Can you imagine if had been against Sheff Utd? Colin would have throttled him.

I insist Mr B be invited to our open top bus parade.

Speaking of Phil M, Phil I now officially forgive you for THAT penalty, for holding out on signing a new contract, for drinking all the Guiness in Delaneys when you were not in the team (alledgedly), for actually taking the form of Gary and Damien with good grace. You are indeed a canary legend cause frankly that goal on Monday was of the highest order.

If you can play like you did against Gillingham and score goals like against Reading you could be a premiership star for us. Think about it and do it Phil, your public salutes you. Hell, even World Cup 2006 for Northern Ireland. (OK Ive gone too far!!)

I am aware that some of my previous posts on this message board have been more than a little contraversial (see "I''m an Ipswich supporter" if you have never heard of me).

However I must agree with all comments made on this particular thread about the gifted Reading goal. Considering some of the downright awful refereeing that has been shown not only at Carrow Road but at Norwich away games as well, it was delightful to see the entire profession pay us back on Monday.

And for the record, I would also congratulate Phil Mulryne on his extremely well taken finish, helped no doubt by the immaculate pass he received from Mr Neale Barry, now to forever be immortalised in Norwich hearts.

I would also, though it has not yeat been mentioned upon this thread, that both Malkay Mackay and Gary Holt should be playing for Scotland in Euro 2004, looking at Scotland''s frankly appalling goal difference.

All I can finish on, is 2 points clear at the top, only 5 (or is it 6) games to go, and we''ll be playing in the higher place next season. ROCK ON NORWICH!

(and it would also be nice to see the scum lose in the play-off final, about 5-0 would satisfy)