Sign in to follow this  
charlies dad

Dublin.

Old, slow, unfit, clumsy.  Saw him wiping his brow after 25 minutes.  Looked knackered.

Another genius loan signing.  Not his fault, but the fault of the outgoing manager.

I don''t agree with that!

He did alright just his fitness let him down!

Give him a few more matches before you judge him to harshly

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

he isnt on Loan Jay... he has signed a deal till the end of the season as a Norwich player

jas :)

[/quote]

Whoops!  You''re right Jas.

Hopefully his fitness will improve.  It will be a bit of a mare though if the new boss doesn''t want him, seeing as he has only just joined us.

i thought he''d been training with some other team before signing for us, hadn''t he? so fitness should be no problem.

he just isnt up to it, he was struggling at one point during the first half and his wild hoof led to one of their goals.. when he was at Left back!

jas :)

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]I don''t agree with that!

He did alright just his fitness let him down!

Give him a few more matches before you judge him to harshly[/quote]I agree - honestly don''t think he did that badly. Some of his movement was promising enough. The big problem for me was the noticable gap that having two strikers left in midfield!

Well it certainly showed the ambition of the club by bringing in a 37 year old part-timer as a temporary fill in for a big problem up front.

Dion has had a great career and I fully respect him but as Jas said, he  just isn''t up to it. He had two great chances today which could have clawed us back into the game but proved costly. However if it were Earnshaw that those chances fell to perhaps it might have been a different story. With saying all of this though, I do feel although Thorne isn''t much better than Dion and he is clearly not up to scratch on a football field, it is a good thing for the younger lads in the squad having an experienced player like Dublin around them.

If I had my wish, Dion would be doing something along the lines of helping the coaches but as far as I''m concerned I don''t really want to be seeing him in a Norwich shirt much longer. His fitness is suspect, his finishing clearly not up to par but, above all, he is just too old. If we are going to win promotion we need a squad of hungry, young lads that want to prove themselves.

Saw him wiping his brow - thought it was because his headed clearance just missed being an own goal!His best moment was splitting up Flem and the Burnley right-back, just as they were about to lump each other - fastest he moved all day! (same thing goes for Gallagher when he grabbed Hughes at the end!)

[quote user="Jay"]

Old, slow, unfit, clumsy.  Saw him wiping his brow after 25 minutes.  Looked knackered.

Another genius loan signing.  Not his fault, but the fault of the outgoing manager.

[/quote]

Do some so called fans have to find some players to abuse? I actually thought he looked ok, defensively he headed a lot and up front he found space and was a target man. As for mopping his brow after 25 mins, I am really stunned at this being such an odd thing to someone who watches football. Can I ask Jay, do you play any sport or are you a couch potato? you find one player on this planet that shouldn''t be bloody sweating after 25 mins of football? I am amazed at this moronic comment. I saw player mopping the brows in the first 5 mins, combination of effort, sunshine and stress! Let''s face it Croft looks knackered before the games starts.

I dont mean to be nasty but Dublin simply isnt good enough. It appears that he is past his best by years and a new manager could send him on his way before he''s even settled in.

1. He jumped like someone with superglue on his feet
  2. He spent more time on the ground than a toddler who hasnt learnt to walk
  3. He had the 1st touch of Ade Akinbye (brick wall)
  4. And when in front of goal on 2 occaisons he looked like a rabbit in headlights.

I just dont understand what worthy thought he could give us that Ryan Jarvis or dare i say it even thorne could have done.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Jay"]

[/quote]

Do some so called fans have to find some players to abuse? I actually thought he looked ok, defensively he headed a lot and up front he found space and was a target man. As for mopping his brow after 25 mins, I am really stunned at this being such an odd thing to someone who watches football. Can I ask Jay, do you play any sport or are you a couch potato? you find one player on this planet that shouldn''t be bloody sweating after 25 mins of football? I am amazed at this moronic comment. I saw player mopping the brows in the first 5 mins, combination of effort, sunshine and stress! Let''s face it Croft looks knackered before the games starts.

[/quote]

No I don''t single out players to abuse.  I''m behind Dion and in all honesty, I would rather have him in the team instead of Thorne.   Just thought he looked very unfit and didn''t have a good game.  That''s my opinion.

As for the "moronic" and "so called fans" comment, I think that''s a bit OTT.  Chill out!!!

dont talk rubbish, dublin is a has been,  he has more lead in his boots than a church roof !

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

I dont mean to be nasty but Dublin simply isnt good enough. It appears that he is past his best by years and a new manager could send him on his way before he''s even settled in.

1. He jumped like someone with superglue on his feet

2. He spent more time on the ground than a toddler who hasnt learnt to walk

3. He had the 1st touch of Ade Akinbye (brick wall)

4. And when in front of goal on 2 occaisons he looked like a rabbit in headlights.

I just dont understand what worthy thought he could give us that Ryan Jarvis or dare i say it even thorne could have done.

[/quote]

Come on, be fair, points 2-4 describe Earnie and he still bang ''em in.

[quote user="Marty"][quote user="Jay"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We have had enough of this KTF rubbish. Your man has gone, so why can''t you give it a rest?

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Marty"][quote user="Jay"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We have had enough of this KTF rubbish. Your man has gone, so why can''t you give it a rest?

[/quote]

Oh so you read my post? no, didn''t think so. I have not mention the manager this time, just sticking up for a player, but you wouldn''t do that would you, since you are not a fan of the same team as me. mmmm, I wonder what constructive response I get, I have a rough idea.

This guy tell me to "give it a rest", all I am doing is giving my opinion of the team / manager, I thought that was the sort of thing FANS did, i smell a rat here, sound like you have got fever, not sure it yellow though little fella.

[quote user="Yellow fever"]and who bought him then marty - nuff said![/quote]By that logic Huckerby and Earnshaw should be sold immediately.You''re a bad joke. Sod off.

Whilst Dion was clearly lacking fitness- I thought he was one of the more promising prospects in the first half.

He got into some wonderful positions by reading the game- and was unlucky not to score

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

Whilst Dion was clearly lacking fitness- I thought he was one of the more promising prospects in the first half.

He got into some wonderful positions by reading the game- and was unlucky not to score

[/quote]

Wasn`t unlucky   Vicar ...... his legs have gone  !   at least twice  he tried to  rise to  crosses  that were only about a foot above his head   , and just couldn`t make the jump ..... whats the good  of getting into good positions  , if he`s useless  when the ball comes to him ?  

He was supposed to be a good finisher , I saw NO evidence  of this !    and no amount of training   is going to make his legs   work like a 20yr olds  ....

Dublin is only an option for one half per game at his age, and he was never going to reach that cross that he was unmarked for.  However, he was very effective at winning free-kicks from long balls, in the manner of an american footballer "gaining territory", and he was also helping to orgainse our defence during Burnleys'' set pieces.  For that alone he is useful as a sub if not a starter.  But he was covering a lot of ground for an older player, he needs to be either a hold-up man up front, or an organiser at the back, he can''t be expected to do both.

Dublin had a poor game and failed to win a single attacking header. Release.

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

[/quote]

I agree to a certain extent with this, he got into good positions and shows he has good awareness. In fact his running into space was better than Earnshaws, they are different types of players. I can understand the critism of the loan signing because of his age but he is here, give him a go. Let''s be honest where were our  central midfielders yesterday? but I haven''t heard any critism of them yet.

I dread to think what''s happening to Ryan''s confidence!? An unfit 37 year old is started in front of him only to be replaced by another ageing journey man who''s not up to it!!!! JARVIS SHOULD HAVE PLAYED BEFORE BOTH OF THEM!