Sign in to follow this  

i was at the game on sunday.

would just like to say that out of the shambles was one player would stepped up to the plate.

darren huckerby who was clearly not fit but gave everything for the norwich cause. a true norwich great.

if only we had 11 like him.

Too true, but unfortunately we can''t afford 11 players on £12.5K a week...

I think Hucks did actually respect Worthington, even though he may not have agreed with him. Sadly, many of his team mates didn''t feel this way. It will be interesting to watch Hucks under a new manager - It can go either way with him.

Huckerby is a credit to himself and his profession. I know they all get paid far too much but Huckerby does at least try to justify his status.

he must be kept at the Club in some capacity and as I said before I felt he knew something and has done himself no harm.

[quote user="Phatcanary9"]I think two players came out of the game with heads held high,Huckerby and Earnshaw both put in 100% and deserved better.[/quote]

Yep....I agree with that. The look on Earnie''s face after scoring for us yet again without reward was very sad. He deserves better and I hope he knows how much he is appreciated despite the hoo-hah in the ground.

Huckerby looked so cheesed off, he was trying so hard, trekking back the length of the pitch, just to tackle a player and then sprint foward to set earnie up.Everyone looked like they could not be botheredHuckerby however is the silver lining to the cloud

Huckerby is and will now always be a Norwich City Legend, do you remember his comments about that if he didn''t paly for norwich then he didn''t wan to play for anyone else. And also turning down some premiership clubs. Now i think alot of that is down to Worthington they both got on very well.

If only all the players played in our green and yellow shirt with as much pride and passion as him, we''d never be in situation we''re in now.

Beware.

When WHU went down, their best Players that remained at the club gave it one year before leaving to join another club. What would you put first if you were him?

Loyalty to NCFC or a huge pay increase, premier league football, bigger sponsership deals, a chance to play for and against better players each week in front of much bigger crowds and the chance to put yourself in the shop window for international honours?

We lost Carrick, James and Defoe in this manner.

Happyhammer

Cheers for your pennies worth on W sham I really really wanted to know about that, infact I''ll go on the W sham board and spout rubbish there.

Read what Hux as said about his future and his love of the club, he had a few offers the season we went down and even in the summer there were plenty of suitors for him but he loves this club too much, what will happen now that Worthy has gone I do not know except I''ll prey that he is given a new contract.

Off you go back to your ever so happy Hammer club please.

the board will sell hux to get some money and save wages

will probably be in the new managers contact or he wont get the job

+ they save money on wages

where has the 20 million gone?

[quote user="london Canary"]

If only all the players played in our green and yellow shirt with as much pride and passion as him, we''d never be in situation we''re in now.

[/quote]Got it in one.His passion, never having a problem being "up for it" along with his commitment to fitness and his general attitude to the game make him stand out as a special player for me.Seriously, between the pair of ''em Dion and Hucks could teach some of these youngsters a thing or two about the game. Suprise managerial duo? :o)

hucks is an asset to the club, he is a true Norwich legend, and he gave it his all on sunday but the poor bloke may aswell not have botherd as only earnshaw looked to be joining him in actually trying to make the score look in some way respectable

[quote user="komakino"]Too true, but unfortunately we can''t afford 11 players on £12.5K a week... I think Hucks did actually respect Worthington, even though he may not have agreed with him. Sadly, many of his team mates didn''t feel this way. It will be interesting to watch Hucks under a new manager - It can go either way with him.[/quote]

Based on statements that Hux has made in the not too distant past I think he is committed to the Club. He appreciates that the fans love him and he likes living in this area. He also shown on many occassions the level of professionalism that some of our other players have not.

Taking all that into account I don''t see any reason for him not to stay whoever is the new manager.

I agree hucks is a true Norwich Legend. How many players are there that truly excite you when they have the ball. We are really lucky to have him, whatever we think of Worthy you have so say it was one of the best signings ever for the club.  I just hope he wants to stay at the club.

Go back to the Ipswich message board where you sprouted from, we''ve all sussed you and you''re not amusing in any way.

[quote user="Canary02"]

Go back to the Ipswich message board where you sprouted from, we''ve all sussed you and you''re not amusing in any way.

[/quote]

Apologies to anyone else, that was directed at "Yellow Fever" or "Little Kid in an Ipswich Shirt" or whatever it really is.