Being realistic:

Alan Curbishley is not coming, he will have the next ''big job'' in the Premiership, so we can forget that one.

The likes of Tilson and Newell maybe, but then it would cost us their severance as well as Worthy''s. Ouch, less transfer budget.

Hunter has thrown his hat in, so he says. Watch us promote from within... and save some transfer budget! It''s a difficult decision.

Which is okay, if he gets us to play like we did in the first 5 games more often. In which case, we should let Livermore go and get one of the popular ex-players like Bowen, Crook, Iwan, etc., come in as number 2 perhaps...

Yes but what worries me is why have we not continued to play as we did in thos first five games - I can see Norwich giving him the job - save them a lot of money - trouble is he was the same coach in the last 5 games as he was in the first and yet we have gone decidedly downhill

In Martin Hunter, we appear to have a well liked and respected coach who has had some time to get to know the players - doesn''t sound all that bad to me, and a reasonable alternative to Curbishley, who I would imagine will take a Premiership position, unless he misses the early days at Charlton.

You may be right, - were both the last trwo appointments internal? Not necessarily an ideal arrangement!I would be concerned, even if it saved some money initially, becuase a good coach does not necessarily make a good manager. There is more to management than the mere playing side.He seems to havea good reputation as a coach, but would he be able to motivate and get the most out of players who "don''t turn up" or lose confidence too easily?

Hunter has been here long enough to influence the team.....................and he hasn''t!. This would be an appointment for relegation and must not be allowed to happen.

I know its early but.........

Hunter Out!.

This is too depressing for words............Hunter is tainted by all of this Worthy stuff.

We need new blood and I don''t think Curbishley is what this club needs anyway. We want fire and excitement not a dull grey middle of the road existence..........be it in the Prem. or Championship.

Bring on Mark Bowen.......................

[quote user="Salopian"]You may be right, - were both the last trwo appointments internal? Not necessarily an ideal arrangement!

I would be concerned, even if it saved some money initially, becuase a good coach does not necessarily make a good manager. There is more to management than the mere playing side.He seems to havea good reputation as a coach, but would he be able to motivate and get the most out of players who "don''t turn up" or lose confidence too easily?
[/quote]

To be fair: I would argue that the last appointment from within did work... for 3 years. If the board had acted when we got relegated, or a bit before, Worthy would just be remembered as a huge success. When we were failing under Hamilton, Worthy turned things around pretty dramatically (play-off final 17 months later...) so he didn''t represent continuation of the Hamilton style. So I don''t think it''s entirely fair to suggest that Hunter would continue the style we had under Worthy. He may well have his own ideas about players, tactics, etc. that make all the difference. Just a thought.

So whats his credentials for the job, england lads team and helping city to be crap, yea he will definately get the job, its city we are talking about.

if people think that hunter was responsible for the august how can he not be responsible for september ?

hunter is the cheap option and he''s got no managerial experience at this level at all so yes I guess he''ll  get the job.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]on look east tonite, delia reckons they will take their time to pick the new manager, which is prudent and probably means hunter will get a fair crack of the whip to prove himself - but is it ambitous?
[/quote]

No its just cheap - we need to get rid of the board

[quote user="Yellow fever"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]on look east tonite, delia reckons they will take their time to pick the new manager, which is prudent and probably means hunter will get a fair crack of the whip to prove himself - but is it ambitous?
[/quote]

No its just cheap - we need to get rid of the board

[/quote]

your such an expert...................... in talking piffle

Can I ask, do you have any friends? bet your fun at parties.

Most people don''t seem to want any promotion from within but I would suggest thats where we should be looking. Recent appointments from within - Worthington, Walker, Stringer, Brown all successes

External - O''Neill, Walker 2nd time, Rioch - not much success there.

Seriously can anyone think of an external Norwich manager in the last 30 years who was a success.

To be fair some of our most successful managers have come up from within the club - Stringer, Walker and Worthington, and I think that none of them were popular appointments at the time with the fans, just show what we know and that anything can happen.

This will prove once and for all the level of ambition of the board. Go for the cheap uninspiring internal appointment, and condemn the club to this league (or worse) forever. Carrow Road needs a massive lift, there needs to be serious re-investment of the funds raised from squad reduction and player sales. Im afraid i can only see one outcome. I do not trust the board to do the right thing, only the ''prudent'' thing, hence Hunter. I pray im proved wrong. Let us not forget, he was on the bench and had significant input into the ''performance'' we were treated to on Sunday, and is tainted with it.   

It''s a fair point.......but back then there were decent prospects to bring forward.........That isn''t the case now. I wouldn''t trust any of the backroom staff with the job and feel it is time for a complete overhaul.

Bowen for me and not just because he was a great player at City. He has studied his subject beside Mark Hughes........for me the best young manager in the game........and surely has all of the right contacts a club like Norwich needs in order to become anything again.

He might be quite cheap too!........................