Sign in to follow this  
St.John Cooper

Gutless Nigel..do you agree?

He did not even have the pride or dignity to resign and save the board who have supported him a hard job. I think it says something on him as a person and his managerial style.  That is GUTLESS!  There are no thank you''s from me, only a regret that this did not happen 1 year ago.  He has taken us back over the last 18 months and I can not thank NW for this.  Thank god the board has finally reacted even if its a yeat to late, what do you say Dicky etc.....? or will you be protesting to have Nigel back?  The board have seen the light have you?

Onwards and upwards

OTBC

St.John

The board should of sacked him at Xmas 2004, but they couldn''t see the obvious. They are way too weak and the club has suffered through their naiveity.

You can''t blame Nigel for hanging on because his contract was too good. He would of been a fool to throw the money away. Ask questions about the people that gave it to him.

Give it a rest!   Living in the past...hardly, not even 24 hours in the past i just wanted to make it clear that in my opinion we have little to thank NW for and that the blind support he got from some fans was narrow minded.....the actions of fans kept in the dark and fed...you know what, Mr perm you seem to be one of those, but each to their own, i believe he has left us in a worse state than when he took over

OTBC

St.John

Perm - it''s not the past - we still have the same board. the job is only half done - we must continue the protests after we stop celebrating our victory

[quote user="Yellow fever"]Perm - it''s not the past - we still have the same board. the job is only half done - we must continue the protests after we stop celebrating our victory[/quote]

We all heard you the first time.

no i dontit is all about the moneyif you were in the same situation, would you walk?or wait to be sacked and take the money?i know which one i would choose to be fair...

[quote user="Ralph Wrong"]

[quote user="Yellow fever"]Perm - it''s not the past - we still have the same board. the job is only half done - we must continue the protests after we stop celebrating our victory[/quote]

[/quote]

?   - its only posted once

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

He did not even have the pride or dignity to resign and save the board who have supported him a hard job. I think it says something on him as a person and his managerial style.  That is GUTLESS!  There are no thank you''s from me, only a regret that this did not happen 1 year ago.  He has taken us back over the last 18 months and I can not thank NW for this.  Thank god the board has finally reacted even if its a yeat to late, what do you say Dicky etc.....? or will you be protesting to have Nigel back?  The board have seen the light have you?

Onwards and upwards

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]Gutless people having a go at a guy who has not been able to reply and has behaved with great dignity. He has gone! now for gods sake get behind the club and stop this nonsense now

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Ralph Wrong"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Then it must have been a different "Yellow Fever" posting the same message across every post yesterday.

[quote user="Yellow fever"][quote user="Ralph Wrong"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

...on this thread maybe, but plenty of places elsewhere!

I agree - its history and he has gone; its time to thank and say good bye to nigel and look forward to the future;  no need for any more recriminations - that bitterness does help the club one iota

I have wanted him gone for many months, and I could accuse him of many things but never of being gutless.He must have known that he was out of his depth, lacking ideas and not knowing what to do, but he is not the sort to throw in the towel. I think that he is courageous, reinforced with obstinacy perhaps. Even after his last match, and until his dismissal, he was defiant as he believed he had the support of the Board. He found it difficult to cope, but he soldiered on.OK, he was on a wage that most of us will never achieve, and he was involved with a game he loved, so there weas an incentive, but bearing in mind the results, the demonstrations and comments here and elsewhere, it would have been understandable if he had gone. He didn''t, and you must concede courage in his carrying on.

''''The board should of sacked him at Xmas 2004, but they couldn''t see the obvious. They are way too weak and the club has suffered through their naiveity."

And if he had been sacked Christmas 2004 and the club had performed as it had anyway- people like you would be lambasting the board for sacking worthy- citing the promotion etc-  and they would get grief for that!

Some people just vent spleens at any opportunity- it gets my goat!

[quote user="St.John Cooper"]

Onwards and upwards

OTBC

St.John

[/quote]No i absolutely do not agree. He showed immense courage in adversity. He had to go, but he always faced the music. Gutless is the last thing he is.

Sorry Vicar, but my views are not cheap opportunism. I wanted him sacked Xmas 2004, as I have said many times on these message boards. I could see we were going only one way and that was not forward! Sadly, I was proved right.

I didn''t change my mind. I wanted Worthless out and I''m glad he''s gone, though the board need to look at their failure in this too.

Courage, you must all be joking.  It was stupidity, being stuborn, not willing to listen to others and not knowing when you have acheived all that you could.  He had no idea and hung around for a pay off.  If he had dignity he would have left. His whole style as manager was gutless, 1.0 up lets sit back and defend who can forget the play off final. In many ways he reminds me of Sven Goran, never prepared to take the tough decision. In this case it would have been standing down and saying I have done all I have give some one else a go!..  Toataaly gutless and nothing to do with courage you talk about courage in a football manger Nigel is not that man. I rather use the word courage for pople who fight cancer, fight in wars, single mothers and the poor.  Nigel is not worthy (excuse ther pun) of that word!

OTBC

St.John

Salopian you wrote "he is not the sort to throw in the towel" , well he was quick enough at blackpool , but there were

no "rubs" in the pot to be had.

I don''t agree. I think Nigel has shown great guts with his reaction to the sacking and the way he has carried himself over the past week. I wanted him to go and am glad the board made the decision but my respect for Worthy has rocketed since Sunday evening! He had a contract - why should he walk away from that and sacrifice his job and financial stability?? From hearing him speak I genuinely believe he enjoyed the job and wanted to do the best for Norwich City. It was pleasing to hear of his pride for delivering silverware to Norwich and I hope he is successful in the future.

If you''re looking for someone to blame its the board - they''re the ones who didn''t have the guts to sack him at the end of the season! Worthy took his sacking like a man, didn''t blame the players, wished the club well and even said sacking him would be best for the club - now that''s real guts for you!

[quote user="vicar in green and yellow"]

''''The board should of sacked him at Xmas 2004, but they couldn''t see the obvious. They are way too weak and the club has suffered through their naiveity."

And if he had been sacked Christmas 2004 and the club had performed as it had anyway- people like you would be lambasting the board for sacking worthy- citing the promotion etc-  and they would get grief for that!

Some people just vent spleens at any opportunity- it gets my goat!

[/quote]

Oh.....got a goat then vicar?..........Share?