Sign in to follow this  
Darlo dumplin’

Doherty's red card

[quote user="slackey"]straight reds are 3 games ban i think[/quote]

''Professional'' fouls are only one match bans.

I couldnt help but laugh as we were in a sorrowful situation anyway.

The idea that at least it wasnt in the box also popped up into my mind.

And Gary even protested at the red-card, thats some funny stuff there!

Agreed. It brought a moment of humour to a grim 90 minutes, I could hardly believe what I''d seen. :o)Having said that, if we were 1-0 up in injury time that would have been a stroke of genius...

Totally agree making plans! Our defence is a shambles and it is all because of the Doc being so slow we are forced to play deep!

The sooner he goes the better in my eyes!!!

I hope it starts as soon as possible and continues for as long as possible!

In all seriousness, I sincerely hope that the new manager gets rid of Doherty at the earliest opportunity. His positional sense is poor and often ends up making ''last ditch'' tackles as a result of his own error... and then people praise him for it! He installs me with no confidence and IMO is not good enough.

Is it coincidence we have underachieved and performed poorly for all of last season and this term whilst Doherty has been (what I consider) our first choice central defender? I appreciate that our downfall is not all because of Doherty, but I do feel he has been a contributing factor. 

In terms of other options, we obviously have Shackell but also Spillane and Rossi Jarvis, who I feel deserve an opportunity in the first team. I mean they couldn''t do any worse than our current centre-half pairing!

well since we havent got a game for a week and a half it will have deff kicked in by QPR, i THINK they kick in within 5 days now, might even be sooner, i know it used to take 10days. but what do i know.